You Are What You Is

Paging Hugh.....

I just saw a pic of your 5-Spot on another post and I was curious how the Juicys have performed so far. How's the power, modulation, adjustability, etc.? I'm contemplating them for my 5-Spot as well. I've about had it with my Hope Minis. I also noticed you have an SLR seat. Isn't that a tad thin for a trailbike? How's the comfort on extended rides? I need to drop some weight on my SS and that seems like an obvious choice. Thanks.

Mashers Only!!
    Quote Originally Posted by P-Funk
    I just saw a pic of your 5-Spot on another post and I was curious how the Juicys have performed so far. How's the power, modulation, adjustability, etc.? I'm contemplating them for my 5-Spot as well. I've about had it with my Hope Minis. I also noticed you have an SLR seat. Isn't that a tad thin for a trailbike? How's the comfort on extended rides? I need to drop some weight on my SS and that seems like an obvious choice. Thanks.
    The Juicys are great!!! Power is the same as the mechanical avids. Modulation is better. Adjustability is below the Mechanicals. I like them and I would buy them again. Compared to my Hayes hydros the Juicys are more user friendly and feel smoother. As for the SLR seat I love it. I have 4 of them. They look painful but they are not. The seat shell is thin so it flexes alot. A couple people have said that their SLR's broke on them but I have not had this problem in the last year. Don't get me wrong I'm sure there are more comfy seats out there. But for 135 grams you get a SUPER light seat that IMHO is an all day seat!
    Hop this helps...

HUGH

You Are What You Is
    How much do you weigh? I weigh in at 215 lbs without gear and I'm curious how the SLR is with heavier riders.

mtbr member

Good job! SLR's are great.

Hugh is right, the SLRs are great except I've seen him race his SS and he wasn't in his saddle much ... just smok'n up the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGH
    The Juicys are great!!! Power is the same as the mechanical avids. Modulation is better. Adjustability is below the Mechanicals. I like them and I would buy them again. Compared to my Hayes hydros the Juicys are more user friendly and feel smoother. As for the SLR seat I love it. I have 4 of them. They look painful but they are not. The seat shell is thin so it flexes alot. A couple people have said that their SLR's broke on them but I have not had this problem in the last year. Don't get me wrong I'm sure there are more comfy seats out there. But for 135 grams you get a SUPER light seat that IMHO is an all day seat!
    Hop this helps...

HUGH

Mashers Only!!
    I'm 195 ish (depending on pre or post bowel movement). Soaks up the bumps. Seemingly its not comfy for the females.

HUGH