fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator

Pacific Crest Trail – Tell us where you would ride…

The Pacific Crest Trail Reassessment Initiative is specifically seeking to have the 1988 bicycle ban rescinded and be granted legal and open access to all non-wilderness portions of the Pacific Crest Trail. We're asking for your trail knowledge. We need detailed information regarding the PCT in your area.

It will be extremely valuable for us to understand which sections (outside of designated wilderness) of trail would be most suitable or desirable to you. In some cases, the PCT may be a simple out-and-back or point-to-point ride, while elsewhere it might be a critical link between other, existing trails. Your local knowledge is critical.

Linked below is a simple survey that we hope you can respond to before December 15:
    To download the PDF Survey please click here: PCTRI Trail Request.pdf

Fill it out and click on the Submit button (all you need is internet access). The information will be catalogued in a database for review.

Also, please feel free to email this PDF survey to your friends and local Advocacy groups.

To reiterate - Your local knowledge is absolutely critical in the process of getting the Pacific Crest Trail open to Mountain Bikes

Thanks!,
    The Pacific Crest Trail Reassessment Initiative

*This thread will only be 'stickied' for 10 days *
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thanks for posting this. I live in Victorville, Ca. (desert) and due to the climate/ sandy trails the riding around here is, let's just say "not very attractive" (most folks prefer dirt bikes and/or Quads, and I don't have a budget for those things, plus I need the exercise I get on my bikes!) I discovered the PCT was not only close to me (Approx. 20 miles) It's in a different climate zone, and usually about 20 degrees cooler during the summer. I was baffled when I saw that PCT was a "no bikes" trail! It's hardly used by anyone. I submitted a survey for the area of PCT from Hesperia to the Cajon Pass. (I may have to physically survey the trail further!)

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Done and done! Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    In San Diego county, numerous sections of the PCT would make both out-and-back rides possible, and also create new loop possibilities. Especially in the section that runs through the Laguna Mountain National Recreation Area.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Neat place