Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

OT: What kind of catfood to buy?

2K views 43 replies 27 participants last post by  HarryCallahan 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, it seems like everything else has been covered lately....

{edit - ah, I really don't want to know anything about catfood, okay?}

How about some snow pics? Riding a trail that hasn't been built yet:

1. The rock ramp I built with the tripod here rides very well with a layer of hard snow.

2. A fun little spine

3. I tried to wheelie it, did not eat wood.

4. Cruising the skiddah path.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
One of our cats weighs in at a hefty 20 pounds, so it's the Fatboy Program for him: Science Diet Weight Control.

He's dropped 2 pounds in the last 6 months, so it has been working I think. Or it could be the fact that we now have his food bowl down in the basement, which means he has to climb stairs to eat!

#9 ·
We have 2 kats and my

GF is VERY paticluar about what we feed them. :rolleyes: So they get Authory dry food that they can eat anytime from the bowls, but they each get a packet of Natural Choice Complete Care every morning. She doesn't want to give them much else because alot of cat food has byproducts. If it was up to me I'd feed 'em scraps from the table. :cool:

Oh, here's the snow pics! :D

Attachments

#16 ·
no, they never die...

miracle bubbles said:
Purina One dry and Iams Old Cat moist. Do indoor cats ever die? Ours is 17 and I don't think she is ever going to the great litter box in the sky.
unless they live in my house. my parents have a cat that is 18 going on 110. they're convinced that she will live forever. my cats on the other hand never seem to make it past about 9. well, except for the one i have now who smells bad so she will probably out-live me. :rolleyes: :D

rt

#17 ·
Feline obesity and feline bulimia

We were once scolded by out vet about out of our cats being too fat. It was embarassing as hell. We put him on Science Diet Ultralight Weight Control Ultra or something like that.

Tastes great less filling my arse. That stuff was like sawdust.

Otto, our flabby tabby refused to eat it. Then again the nice juicy squirrels running around the neighborhood were just too tempting. Then he managed to kill them all, leaving him without a primary food source. Over the course of a couple of months he trimmed down to a svelt 15 pounds.

Giselle, our Persian Princess (actually the thinks she's a Persian Princess), eats Iams Light and Iams LIght only. I think she's bulimic - she'll eat tons of that stuff and then she'll throw it all up. Then she'll go outside and eat a bunch of grass and throw that up too. We can't fatten her up with anything - she refuses all other food sources and she stays at a porked-out 7 pounds.

Cats - they're just another excuse to put more time in on the trails..

#18 ·
not funny, a-hole. if you'd ever seen an animal die slowly and painfully from kidney failure, you wouldn't think so either. Antifreeze isn't strychnine, they don't clutch they're throat and keel over like on a TV show. They howl in pain for an afternoon, throwing up scary stuff, and from the other end too, until they finally die. Nice one.

#19 ·
TwistedCrank said:
We were once scolded by out vet about out of our cats being too fat. It was embarassing as hell. We put him on Science Diet Ultralight Weight Control Ultra or something like that.
Have you ever tried giving your cat LESS food? I have never understood why people overfeed their pets and then turn around and wonder why they are fat. I have a fit, lean 11-year old dog. Whenver she seems to be putting on weight (usually when the weather is bad and outings are shorter), I cut back on her portions, usually gradually. When the exercise level increases again, I go back to bigger portions. D.

G
#20 ·
litespeedchick said:
not funny, a-hole. if you'd ever seen an animal die slowly and painfully from kidney failure, you wouldn't think so either. Antifreeze isn't strychnine, they don't clutch they're throat and keel over like on a TV show. They howl in pain for an afternoon, throwing up scary stuff, and from the other end too, until they finally die. Nice one.
go for a ride or something , you're very tense

#22 ·
Inserting a dog into a catfood thread on MTBR stinks

Duncan! said:
Have you ever tried giving your cat LESS food?
You have no basis by which to judge how much we feed out cats (which, by the way, and for your information, consisted of 1/2 cup of Science Diet Lite per day before the feline obesity discussion with the vet).

By the way I'm sure my fat cat could kick your whimpy little pooch's rear end any day of the week. On a stomach full of squirrel meat and despite his ripe old age of 15 years to boot.

And the inserting a dog into a catfood thread on a mountain bike forum is just not cool. Not cool at all.

#26 ·
Same problem with our dog.

TwistedCrank said:

Tastes great less filling my arse. That stuff was like sawdust.

Otto, our flabby tabby refused to eat it. Then again the nice juicy squirrels running around the neighborhood were just too tempting. Then he managed to kill them all, leaving him without a primary food source. Over the course of a couple of months he trimmed down to a svelt 15 pounds.

Giselle, our Persian Princess (actually the thinks she's a Persian Princess), eats Iams Light and Iams LIght only. I think she's bulimic - she'll eat tons of that stuff and then she'll throw it all up. Then she'll go outside and eat a bunch of grass and throw that up too. We can't fatten her up with anything - she refuses all other food sources and she stays at a porked-out 7 pounds.

Cats - they're just another excuse to put more time in on the trails..
Only we had to wait for him to clean out the nice juicy cat population to lose weight.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.