Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ballbuster

OT: I think my cat is a junkie

Earlier this week, I laid out some newspaper for my cat to play on. She loves to shred it up, and roll around on it. I dunno why, but she loves newspaper more than any cat toy I have ever bought her.

So I decided to get my cat stoned. I sprinkled some catnip out... she's loving it, rolling around in it and all.

A couple days later, I sprinkled some more catnip around the newspaper, and the same thing, she starts rolling aroung on it, happy as a clam.

A day, later, same thing.

Okay, so fast forward to today. Now she's sitting on the newspaper all the time, meowing at me. She won't leave me alone. She just sits there whining?

Does that make me a pusher? Am I a bad cat daddy?

*edit* Oh yeah, she's 'Nipped'

Last edited by pimpbot; 12-18-2005 at 07:24 PM.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    Earlier this week, I laid out some newspaper for my cat to play on. She loves to shred it up, and roll around on it. I dunno why, but she loves newspaper more than any cat toy I have ever bought her.

So I decided to get my cat stoned. I sprinkled some catnip out... she's loving it, rolling around in it and all.

A couple days later, I sprinkled some more catnip around the newspaper, and the same thing, she starts rolling aroung on it, happy as a clam.

Okay, so fast forward to today. Now she's sitting on the newspaper all the time, meowing at me. She won't leave me alone. She just sits there whining?

One of my cats begs for catnip a couple times a day. Once a day is enough. Keep supplying.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Baron of Gray Matter
    May 2004
    We've got a cat that loves to shred newspaper, no catnip involved. She'll just lay there, grab it with her front paws, and rake the heck out of it with her rear claws. Funny to see. Maybe it her editorial comment on the quality of the paper. And my raccoon loves marshmallows like its the raccoon version of crack.
    "Oh Dear, I've been redorkulated."
    Prof. Frink.

pewpewpew Moderator
    You should be ashamned of yourself, corrupting a minor.

ballbuster

Whatya mean ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    You should be ashamned of yourself, corrupting a minor.
    In cat years, she is WAY older than I am. She's like 75 in cat years!

pewpewpew Moderator

Look - she can barely open her eyes. She's in deep.

mtbr member
    We grow the stuff in a large planter on the patio. It's the favorite place for the cats to lounge.

Official Cooler Inspector

Cat smack

I mean: Cat sack. I got a 16 year old who loves plastic sacks. One bag is good for drooling, pawing and nesting. Give him several at once and he literally falls over faint. Would hate to see what happened if I mixed nip into the equation... I just might be down there with him.

Gosh, I'd love to be "bagged" right now.

mtbr member

...oops

Too much catnip?

...or to close to a nuclear reactor?

JK - Sam looks happy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    wizzler is a must. although then it consumes all your waking and sleeping thoughts until you can return.

Cracker-magnon
    Just let em stick their heads in the jar....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

life is a barrel o'fun
    My cousin's cat can't handle her catnip- she sh*ts herself.

Head-in-the-jar is totally out of the question........unless she's constipated, I suppose!
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

let's do that again...
    Mine just sits under the tree giving me the evil eye.
    http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/51...dozer_tree.jpg

Over the Hill
    Too late, she looks strung-out and hopeless. You know what they say “Once a junkie, always a junkie”. If you want her to stay around and not get picked up for a felonious act, like breaking into the neighbor’s house in search of a fix, you are now going to have to keep furnishing her the nip.

Please, don't ask me how I know this. It just brings back bad memories.

Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by dstepper
    If you want her to stay around and not get picked up for a felonious act, like breaking into the neighbor’s house in search of a fix, you are now going to have to keep furnishing her the nip.
    Wouldn't that be a "felinious" act? ;^P

My two fuzzballs aren't really affected by catnip. They're both adopted from a shelter, so perhaps they're former street cats and used to harder stuff. Turkey, on the other hand, they would steal off my plate if I turned by back.

Kathy :^)
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by M-U-M
    I mean: Cat sack. I got a 16 year old who loves plastic sacks. One bag is good for drooling, pawing and nesting. Give him several at once and he literally falls over faint. Would hate to see what happened if I mixed nip into the equation... I just might be down there with him.

Gosh, I'd love to be "bagged" right now.
    Our one cat, Garfield, is the some way. He LOVES the little plastic scaks. Throw one on the floor and open it a little so he can crawl in, he'll have the time of his life. Even seen him sleep in it.

I bought this cardboard cat scratcher that you can sprinkler catnip on.....They fight over it now. Funny as hell!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    My old dog used to like cat nip too.

pewpewpew Moderator
    My cats know the word for "turkey"and will come running. Also they know "chicken", and the MOST popular is "SHRIMP".

Saucy Size Moderator
    I'll put a big wad o' fresh nip on a paper towel, and one of my cats will get so stoned she'll drool all over herself and the paper towel and make a gigantic green slimy mess. So she only gets her hit on the kitchen tile.

Smoosh it between your fingers like you're breaking up oregano for sauce; it helps release the good stuff.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

i worship Mr T
    Quote Originally Posted by mondaycurse
    My old dog used to like cat nip too.
    mine too. she stole the cat's catnip toy and has been chewing on it for the last week. i just took it away from her this morning so that she wouldn't rip it to shreads and then i'd be left to clean up catnip from every surface in the living room.

i bought the cat a new catnip toy that will remain in the part of the house that is off limits to the dog.

rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Hairy man
    I housesat for this woman who told me her cat would be hiding under the bed everytime I came in and not to worry as long as the food got eaten, strangers scared the cat. When I was first in the house I noticed the catnip jar. I put some nip out with the food. Repeat twice a day for two days, the cat is coming out from under the bed and rubbing my legs.

Yeah, they like their drugs.

I did have one cat that wouldn't touch the stuff, but she had control issues. She attempted to drive away the other two cats and two dogs by attacking them whenever they tried to eat. Eventually she ran away.
    We all get it in the end.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I used to have a cat that loved the stuff. A neighbor who grew some of it gave us a significant amount. Every now and again I would let the cat have a leaf or two for 'enjoyment'. She generally when crazy over the stuff, but for a day or two after she was pi$$y with the withdrawl. Our current cat will wait outside the bathroom door when your relieving youself till you put some tp under the door for her to swat around.

Account Retired
    My cat, every friday night.

Custom User Title

Did you say Racoon!?

I know this thread is about cats, but how can the rest of you ignore the fact that Homer Simpson has a Racoon! Did you raise if from a pup? Are racoon babies called pups?

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot

*edit* Oh yeah, she's 'Nipped'

Have you tried nachos?
    Astigmatic Visionary

ballbuster

My cat knows..

Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    My cats know the word for "turkey"and will come running. Also they know "chicken", and the MOST popular is "SHRIMP".
    ... the words 'Softfood' (said all together). She comes running if I say that, even though I have not fed her soft food in years because of her failed kidneys. Same goes with the can opener.

She also runs in the other room if I say F***! She doesn't want to be around me when I get pissed off about something.

She also knows 'Split' when we kick her out of the bedroom at night (my wife has allergies) and NO! She also knows 'no claws' when she starts clawing something. She actually stops.

My favorite is 'get the bug!' If I give her something to play with, and say 'get the bug' she will start batting it around the room. Aluminum foil balls rule on hardwood floors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast