Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... OT: But I finally acquired my Tacoma!

I got it down in denver with 86,000 on it. it drives so nice too. here are some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

a dad
    Jan 2004
    should have got a Ford - the 4.6 liter motor gets just as good gas mileage and you can carry a whole lot more, just givin ya some sh**, to each his own, enjoy the truck - frankly i don't know how anyone can live without a truck

In the Kitchen
    That's my next truck!!! (except in white)
    Team Elevate Cycles - www.elevatecycles.com
    SMBA Member - www.saratogamtb.org
    Umphrey's McGee - www.umphreys.com

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia
    should have got a Ford - the 4.6 liter motor gets just as good gas mileage and you can carry a whole lot more, just givin ya some sh**, to each his own, enjoy the truck - frankly i don't know how anyone can live without a truck
    Found On Road Dead

Fix Or Repair Daily

Toyotas rule!

jrm
    mtbr member

Looks real clean

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    I got it down in denver with 86,000 on it. it drives so nice too. here are some pics
    Did you get the locker?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    [QUOTE= - frankly i don't know how anyone can live without a truck[/QUOTE]

It's easy mate you use a trailer behind a car. I think these 4WD/4x4's/recreational vehicles/ trucks whatever the hell you wanna call them are a blight on our roads. They are not as safe as conventional vehicles. They appeal to women and smaller men as they place you at a higher elevation than other road users. I just love comming up next to one of these at a give way (not). They offer 0 visability and so you have to wait for them to make their nervous way through before you can go

Des(s)ert Rat
    You're gonna make me cry! I just sold mine and I miss it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude

Nice! I got one, too - a 2000 extended cab in silver. I put a $20 fork mount on it for my bike, works beautifully! No pics at this time, unfortunately. I like that dark green, BTW...

all hail der Fuhrer Bush
    Mar 2004

You may well require one, but...

...acquiring an Arab gas burning, air-fouling infernal combustion anything certainly isn't cause to celebrate, brag, or bother those of us who see their evil for what it is and would rather hear about your bicycles.
    If you can't do without infernal combustion, ok I can accept that given how screwed up this country is, but hey, it's just a tool, a product, no different than hemorrhoid medication or nose-hair clippers. You need it, you got it, now shut up and do some penance for being part of the problem instead of being part of the solution.
    Ride to the Damn Trailhead!

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

the TuRD package

Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    Did you get the locker?
    comes with the electronic rear locker

YR

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Quote Originally Posted by bulC
    ...acquiring an Arab gas burning, air-fouling infernal combustion anything certainly isn't cause to celebrate, brag, or bother those of us who see their evil for what it is and would rather hear about your bicycles.
    If you can't do without infernal combustion, ok I can accept that given how screwed up this country is, but hey, it's just a tool, a product, no different than hemorrhoid medication or nose-hair clippers. You need it, you got it, now shut up and do some penance for being part of the problem instead of being part of the solution.
    Some people don't live that close to the trailhead. Closest one to me is 15 miles away, then 20, and then 40. Don't think I'll be riding there.

Give the guy a break, who wouldn't wanna show off a machine that sweet?

Keep rollin'
    I love my toyota! I have a 91' 4 x 4, had it for a couple years now. Hardly any problems, and the problems I have had have been quite minor(especially considering the thing is 13 years old!0. You won't be dissappointed.

...ic...
    ---What good is a man who won't take a stand?---

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004

everything about the truck is sweet...however .....

there is a everpresent slight clunk going from 1st to 2nd gear...is this normal for a standard? am i freaking out or is this something to be looked into....it doesnt like shake the whole truck but it is audible and it makes a very slight clunk thru the seats....
    thanx
    ride on

Now rollin the Big Hit

Reply clunk...

Maybe,
    check out the rear u joint.
    lift the rear axle underneath, if it moves it might be time for a new one...

J-Mizzle
    Hailing from Reno, NV by way of Vegas...
    Now rockin the Big Hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    My 91 is a little finiky when shifting between some gears, especially when it's cold. If I force it the thing kinda clunks, I wouldn't be too worried. A drivetrain with 86k on it isn;t going to be tight as new. My dad's Firebird clunks sometimes, it's the rear U Joint, so look at that like the other poster said. But then again a 300+ horsepower V8 puts a little for stress on stuff than a toyota motor.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321
    My 91 is a little finiky when shifting between some gears, especially when it's cold. If I force it the thing kinda clunks, I wouldn't be too worried. A drivetrain with 86k on it isn;t going to be tight as new. My dad's Firebird clunks sometimes, it's the rear U Joint, so look at that like the other poster said. But then again a 300+ horsepower V8 puts a little for stress on stuff than a toyota motor.
    My 91' is exactly the same! When its cold out, before the truck warms up, the thing is a bit difficult to shift, and it does make that clunk sound. Once you get it goin' it smooths out.

Glad to know that my problem is semi-common at least.

...ic...

mtbr member
    Wrong. Getting a new car is exciting. Cars are f-ing cool. Since they are necessary to us non-enlightened people who actually have a job that we have to drive to (and don't live withing riding distance of the trailhead), many of us are happy when we acquire a new one, especially if it is in some ways better than our previous one. If you feel "bothered" by this thread why don't you go "ride out to the trailhead" and just STFU.
    Last edited by LacticAddict; 04-05-2004 at 05:34 AM.

In the Kitchen

Relax...

....jeez-us!!! What are you some sort of bicycle Nazi?
    Team Elevate Cycles - www.elevatecycles.com
    SMBA Member - www.saratogamtb.org
    Umphrey's McGee - www.umphreys.com

Alright, let's ride!
    Congrats on the new truck. My family sort of believes in Toyotas. My dad has a tacoma, my mom has a new V8 4 Runner (both used for business constantly full of product so no SUV smashing please). My brother has a tacoma, my sister has a 4 Runner and I have a tacoma. I had a Chevy before this one and all I can say is that I never intend to own anything besides a toyota from here on out.

Just in case you were wondering tacoma's make great bike racks. Here is mine at a trailhead at Pisgah. BTW, that's my brothers white one in the background.

all hail der Fuhrer Bush
    Mar 2004

I guess you have an excuse for being so stupid...

...since you were still sucking your thumb when Americans were shooting each other for cutting in line to buy gasoline. But anybody who has a memory of those days and still thinks huge powerful vehicles are cool are stupid/arrogant/selfish. And finding that sentiment on a forum that's dedicated to bicycles -- the answer to America's problems -- is really depressing and sad. So much for looking to the younger generation, they seem even dumber than we were, and much less inclined to be riled up about the state of things, which ain't good at all.
    If you're not pissed, you're not paying attention.

mtbr member
    "...acquiring an Arab gas burning, air-fouling infernal combustion anything certainly isn't cause to celebrate, brag, or bother those of us who see their evil for what it is and would rather hear about your bicycles.
    Ride to the Damn Trailhead!"

Hey, anybody know this guy? I mean, I volunteer for cycling lobby groups and am involved in the biodiesel community, and even we don't have people spouting this crap. Bad day buddy?

There's no app for this.

Oh, I think

things might change a bit this summer, now that the OPECkers have cut 1M barrels a day from production. FWIW, I still recall that time and ever since have had small cars and small engines. The 'Excursion' crowd is in for an education.

I share the concern that there's a lack of concern. Everything we do is based on "growth"; too bad the planet is finite. I wonder what type of a major disaster it will take to bring us to our senses?

Jim (steps off soap box) C

mtbr member

I do not think so....

If I were to ride my 40+ lb DH rig the 120KM (75 miles)to Whistler and back I would be too damn tired to hit the trails up there!

mtbr member
    ...since you were still sucking your thumb when Americans were shooting each other for cutting in line to buy gasoline. But anybody who has a memory of those days and still thinks huge powerful vehicles are cool are stupid/arrogant/selfish. And finding that sentiment on a forum that's dedicated to bicycles -- the answer to America's problems -- is really depressing and sad. So much for looking to the younger generation, they seem even dumber than we were, and much less inclined to be riled up about the state of things, which ain't good at all.
    One word, my friend: Therapy... Perhaps trying to find the real source of all your withheld anger would serve you better then going around this forum calling people stupid and arrogant. Or maybe that's what you do in order to feel smart? Either way, you should try to chill and be less hostile. Maybe a nice relaxing drive through the countryside in a Ford Excursion. Might do you some good.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    A Tacoma is in no way a huge powerful vehicle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast