Int'l Man of Leisure

One Fun Week+ in the Southwest

My buddy Rich is on a trip across the West from La to LA. He's heading back to New Zealand after working and living in Ruston, La for the last 3 years. He stopped by ABQ, NM for a week and a half...

First we rode White Mesa, NM

...down Dragon's Back..

He adapted to riding the rocks very well, but still has a painful habit of trying to knock cholla cactus out of the way with his shoulders. :dead:

Rich -vs- Cacti

toob fail

shoulder bump fail

The post ride Chicken Killer (Santa Fe Brewing Co) numbed the pain tho...

Much beer was consumed with mtb buds (rewi w/notaknob)

ABQ Brewfest

Sedona
    Over the weekend we drove over to Sedona for a day and a half of ridin'. The sunset at about Gallup, NM was a stunner.

Our motel room at Oak Creek had a killer view and was a stone's throw from the Bike & Bean.

Rich mid-air. This was about a 4' drop.. srsly.

Which led to... a Mavie fork guard repair. Hey, if you gotta fix your bike, why not surrounded by a stunning vista?

Even Flossie joined in by providing much needed advice.

Back on the trail...

Rich dropping in... making the gnar look like a beginner's ride at Stoner.

Back at the motel for well earned post-ride chippies & local brew after a 3hr ride on the red rocks.

Next day we did a quick ride before heading back to ABQ in time to make the Brewfest. All I can say is thank god for the Mavies propensity to need minor repairs or else I'd never had gotten to take a break to catch my breath & rest my legs.

On the way back, Richie stood on a corner in Windslow, Az looking for a girl in a flat-bed Ford, but I think Flossie kept anyone from slowing down to look at him.

Arizona in teh rearview mirrior... one heck of a week of riding, drinkin' and general dip*****teri.
    Last edited by MTBNate; 10-04-2010 at 03:32 PM.
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

Int'l Man of Leisure
    Goin' ta miss 'im, but making plans for a mtb venture to New Zealand in the near future.

Bandolero

Mackenzie

Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate
    My buddy Rich is on a trip across the West from La to LA. He's heading back to New Zealand after working and living in Ruston, La for the last 3 years. He stopped by ABQ, NM for a week and a half...
    No photos were taken but he did like Otero & the trailside beverage rest stops.

Nice riding with him & hope he liked the guide service.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

Int'l Man of Leisure
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob
    No photos were taken but he did like Otero & the trailside beverage rest stops.

Nice riding with him & hope he liked the guide service.

You know it!

Handing off to Greg de Taos for some sweet northern NM action as he heads up to Denver, then to NZ via Moab and LA.

The Roadkilla heads north...

Last edited by MTBNate; 10-05-2010 at 11:45 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0