Bike to the Bone...

OK, how much time do you connect to MTBR?

How much time do you spend or how often do you connect to internet searching for bike stuff? Either to this site or others? I think I almost spend all my net free time searching for bike stuff (is there other stuff?). How about you?

mtbr member
    Well let's just say, I hope no one ever puts a timer on it.... I'm sure it's too much time. I connect several times a day for a total of anywhere from 1-3 hours I'd bet. I only routinely frequent one other "bike" site. www.ktmtalk.com

When I was growing up a dirt bike junky I dreamed of a place where people talked bikes twenty four seven. The mags just never quite filled the bill. And even my friends could only talk so much bike. The plus side is... I almost never watch TV anymore.

MTBR Mafia
    pretty much any free time goes to mtn biking on the web or actually riding. whith emphasis on the riding
    All Mountain was so 2005

Glad to Be Alive
    too much time...work is gonna fire me
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

I'll take the fifth on that one....
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Know any good trails?

Who's Asking?

Who have you been talking with?

(I've been averaging 4-6 hours/day during the week. Almost zero on the weekends.)
    Me: "You're welcome to sleep over here in the A/C."
    Her: "I appreciate the offer, but I will just sleep in the tent."

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    I dont actually track it, but I, like another poster, am to the pt where I hardly even watch TV--even movies--and I have a fairly nice setup.

When I'm not biking or doing the few hours of actual work that I do each day, I have the Internet pointed to MTBR or bike mojo or tmbra.org or a similar site and have an MP3 mix playing in the background. Occasionally I might surf on over to CNN or the movie/tech sites: hometheaterforum, rotten tomatoes, and thedigitalbits--but hardly ever.

Freshly Fujified

Almost all day

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    too much time...work is gonna fire me
    I leave the site up almost all day at work and read and post when I can.

As for SMT being fired, I thought for sure he was independently wealthy. Damn, SMT, you're getting away with murder there at work..heeheee.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    i have the site up 8 hours a day at work, probably spend 4 or more hours actually browsing.

work doesnt mind as long as i get my stuff done before i go home, and as long as i dont miss any confrence or customer calls.

i also have ebay and rctech.com on at least half of the day

mtbr member
    way too much time here. It's always up during the work day...it's one of the few things that keeps me a little sane though.

Unless people start posting pics of snow storms...in MAY!

I don't mean to complain, but.........

Damn that's depressing!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've asked my boss to remove 'net service my puter.

SLX
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Im new but im addicted, you wonderful guys have helped me fine tune bike and replace alot of parts. Sometimes I just read the endless amounts of posts

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Too much. Over the last week I have been on here up to 3hrs or more a day. I am working the nights shift and it is pretty slow.

Right now it has gone waaay up...

I will be building up a new bike in December and have been spending waay too much time here and looking for bike parts. I usually have it up 8+ hours a day during work and post inbetween phone calls and my searches. Plus a couple hours after work a few days a week.

I really need to get the new bike built up and go ride it

mtbr member
    Check it quite a bit throughout the day at work when I have a free minute or two. Dont surf or watch TV at home or on weekends. Try to keep the count down but not quite a lurker. Something is to be said about the maturity level of this site compared to others.

Your bike is incorrigible

too damn much time

First thing in the morning I have to see what's new, what was posted by all the people living west of me.

Run to work and get online there to see if anyone has posted responses.

Maybe 4 hours a day in all. The rest is spent searching for that ever ellusive "deal" from web retailers and on ebay.

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    You disconnect???

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zon
    You disconnect???
    Ha Ha...I think I've been connected since I joined in August of 04. Although I hardly ever post, I frequent a lot.... I'm never gonna get out of grad school at this point!

Dr. Pepper drinker
    I'm on and off throughout the day at work, the nature of my job allows for a lot of surfing while working on other projects and talking to customers on the phone. Probably 90% of that time is mtbr. Rumor has it that the boss man is getting upset with the amount of time we spend online (according to their logs which as far as I know only take into account how long a browser is left open, not how much it is used) and they are going to be revoking our priviledges soon. Then we'll only be able to access on a seperate computer on our breaks. From my understanding they feel this will help the productivity of a few workers that don't do much, unfortunately they failed to notice that these people spend a couple hours a day away from their desks on smoke breaks and a good part of the rest on personal phone calls.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

Silence! I kill you!
    At work not to much time since I got busted a while back for screwing around on the net to much. (Which isn't EXACTLY true) But The first thing I do when I get up or come back to the apartment from somewhere is hop onto MTBR and see whats goin on. Of course now the wife thinks I'm spending to much time on MTBR
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

Just Ride!
    Every free moment hence the low post count.

sliprock

24/7

Ha just kidding, and share when I can.

mtbr member
    Vbulletin, the software MTBR uses, used to have a modification to forums that listed how much time each user spent total on the site. That would get interesting...

mtbr member

Too much.....

That should be obvious since I'm answering the question on a Friday night. Oh, wait, I'm married! What else would I be doing on a Friday night?