mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Off-Road Unicycling? Not sure where to put this but check the vid!

Forget the 26er vs 29er debate - how about 1 wheel vs 2??

Extreme Unicyclist Ride Mettelhorn and Set New Benchmark | News from the Field | OutsideOnline.com

All I can say really is wow! Does this count as mountain biking? (I mean, no, obviously... but!!!)

Is there a whole new world of one-wheeled riding emerging?

Big Mac

Off-Road Unicycling? Not sure where to put this but check the vid!

Welcome to 2001.

mtbr member
    Lol.....
    Yeah, a bit late to the party but yeah. I actually have a Surly Conundrum, last made in 2010. It is good fun(I learned how to uni last November) and pretty sweet to watch other people's reaction. It made my balance and self body awareness better.

Off-Road Unicycling? Not sure where to put this but check the vid!-image.jpg
    2010 Surly Conundrum
    2012 Pugsley
    2012 Felt Brougham
    2013 Salsa Colossal
    2013 All City Nature Boy
    2014 Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Sorry but that doesn't look fun at all- alot of times it seems they're just trying to brake their speed by pedalling back there's no coasting at all. I hope the guy doesn't plan on having kids the way he's beating up his balls like that with those jumps
    can't be to good for the girls internals either...
    I saw two unicyclists in sulli i think it was unigeezer with a kid- i give props for skills to do it but it would be so much funner on a proper bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    Welcome to 2001.
    Well shoot. New to the game and I guess it shows...

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    "MUni", short for mountain unicycle/unicycling, was pioneered by Kris Holm and George Peck about 20 years ago, and has progressed into the (still emerging) extreme sport that it is today. I started riding at age 50 back in 2006, and have been riding almost daily ever sense.

While thousands are learning to ride every year, it's a given that it will never become mainstream like mtb, but we love the "uni-queness" of the sport and many of us are avid mtbers as well, but just love the added variety and challenge of unicycling.
    While MUni is my main discipline, I also enjoy road climbing and long distance unicycling.

On 10/24/13, I did a 120 mile ride on my 36er uni for the City of Hope.

It was a great experience and I was thrilled to see that we surpassed our fundraisng goal for City of Hope, and I dedicated the ride to my brother who has kicked Leukemia's butt for the past three years since his bone marrow transplant!

I was able to get NBC 4 and ABC 7 eyewitness news to come out and cover the story which helped with donations as well! This is the video I made of my ride, shot mostly in the saddle! You can see one of the TV segments at the very end.

www.unigeezer.com
    "Over 50, and not '2' Tired!"

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I watched a guy do the hotter than hell full 105 mile course on a uni like the one in the above video.

mtbr member
    Unigeezer!! I love you, man! I watch a ton of your videos whenever I need to learn a new skill, the egg one really helped me learn to freemount quickly. I want a 36er eventually....once I talk the hubby into letting me purchase it. My position that 2 unis equal one bike doesn't hold water with him(he says seats count, not wheels!)
    2010 Surly Conundrum
    2012 Pugsley
    2012 Felt Brougham
    2013 Salsa Colossal
    2013 All City Nature Boy
    2014 Big Dummy

mtbr member
    I just bought my first MUni last week. I rode street as a kid, now at 49 hoping to get into a bit of off-roading. Mine is a green nimbus 24. I was advised to go for the 26er but I really liked the green color of the 24 so I went with it. No problems riding it so far, i guess its like riding a bike in that you dont forget how to do it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Off-Road Unicycling? Not sure where to put this but check the vid!-photo.jpg  

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Here is a best of compilation showing various types of riding I do. It fast paced so don't blink!

www.unigeezer.com

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedbabytoes View Post
    Unigeezer!! I love you, man! I watch a ton of your videos whenever I need to learn a new skill, the egg one really helped me learn to freemount quickly. I want a 36er eventually....once I talk the hubby into letting me purchase it. My position that 2 unis equal one bike doesn't hold water with him(he says seats count, not wheels!)
    Thank you for those kind words! Too bad the hubby doesn't ride a uni too, or it would be ideal! Show him a few of my videos and mention my age! That might change his perspective; Many have told me it has for them!
    www.unigeezer.com