Driven by watts inside

Off Road to Athens (movie)

I just got back from a screening of this new film.

I only need one word to describe it: UN****INGBELIEVABLE!

The passion hit you get from this movie is astounding. Granted, my whole life revolves around racing, but I think anyone can feel the emotion displayed on the screen.

If you haven't heard about it yet, it's a documentary that follows 8 of America's MTB racers that are all shooting to make the 2004 Olympic team. If you don't know what happened during last year's racing, let's just say the director of the film couldn't have been any luckier. The drama was fabulous.

The best part about the experience was that the director was there for the screening. You know those retards that clap at the end of a regular movie in a movie theater? Well this time a standing ovation actually meant something.

Anyway... They're doing a small tour now to polish up some film edits. Then they're going to release it into independent film theaters nationwide. They'll be releasing a DVD in late summer. I'm certainly going to be first on the list for that puppy

Learn more about it at www.OffRoadToAthens.com and GO SEE IT!

- Jeremy -

PONCHO
    Feb 2005
    Bummer. I didnt know about it when they did the screening in monterey. All the other locations are to far. I guess I need to wait for the dvd

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    sounds sweet. i have bookmarked the site so i can dig out the card when preordering commences.

Watts Up?

Cant wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by - Jeremy -
    I just got back from a screening of this new film.

I only need one word to describe it: UN****INGBELIEVABLE!

The passion hit you get from this movie is astounding. Granted, my whole life revolves around racing, but I think anyone can feel the emotion displayed on the screen.

If you haven't heard about it yet, it's a documentary that follows 8 of America's MTB racers that are all shooting to make the 2004 Olympic team. If you don't know what happened during last year's racing, let's just say the director of the film couldn't have been any luckier. The drama was fabulous.

The best part about the experience was that the director was there for the screening. You know those retards that clap at the end of a regular movie in a movie theater? Well this time a standing ovation actually meant something.

Anyway... They're doing a small tour now to polish up some film edits. Then they're going to release it into independent film theaters nationwide. They'll be releasing a DVD in late summer. I'm certainly going to be first on the list for that puppy

Learn more about it at www.OffRoadToAthens.com and GO SEE IT!

- Jeremy -

Hey Jeremy, Watts up?.

I missed the grand premier in Harrisonburg 'cause I was down in Florida, but was glad to see they added a show in Arlington. I heard they did up the thing well at Sea Otter with most of the riders (and their significant others) present for the viewing. Red Carpet, limos the whole hollywood thing.
    Its great to see that someone has captured the drama emotion and passion that we all feel.
    RideOn!

JB

[SIZE=2]l Love2Ride and Ushould2!![/SIZE]

mtbr member

Thanks, the trailer looked good.

What is the approximate running length of the film?

mtbr member

Good job! Fantastic!

Got my copy last Friday and watched it Friday night. Loved it - I was glued to the couch. The filmmakers did an excellent job of telling the story. Even though I knew what happens in the end, I was completely gripped. The women's side was particularly captivating. The race footage was fantastic, and the interviews really give a lot of insight into what it must have been like chasing one of those spots.

With winter on the way, the DVD is definitely worth $30.00....

Keep The Rubber Side Down
    Very cool promo!
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

In my ...

NF queue. Hope to get it soon. I've heard great things about it and can't wait. In the meantime the Collective will get some revolutions.