No known cure

Now this is passion(my good friend is featured on pinkbike)

Mike is a great guy, and an inspiration.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/50-yea...ke-bishop.html
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

Bikesexual
    That's awesome. These threads do make me a bit sad that I started so late.. but hopefully I can keep on riding for a while.

He seems like a cool dude! Congrats!
    just get a bike and ride!

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post

Loved it! I think it was in the comments not the video, but I love the commentary that MTB is pretty much ageless. If you like to ride the way I like to ride you're my friend and I'm happy to get out with you... That goes for anybody and everybody.

I spend a lot of my time volunteering for causes that I think will help get more people out on the trails and people like Mike are my inspiration for doing so. There are a lot of them in cycling, but it's still cool to meet/hear about new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    That's awesome. These threads do make me a bit sad that I started so late.. but hopefully I can keep on riding for a while.

He seems like a cool dude! Congrats!
    That's part of what makes MTB great... You are one of us, doesn't matter how long you've been riding. If you like to ride, you're in the tribe; no other questions on the application.

mtbr member
    Saw that. That certainly is a remind when I read or see stuff like this, someone knows these people. Awesome!! I certainly am surrounded by a lot of amazing people on many levels of "stuff". Thanks for sharing.

No known cure
    When I first met Mike, he had recently bought the business from the former owner and it was at a different location.

A neighbor kid, whose mom had no way to get him a bike came to me with the carcass of a cheapo BMX bike he found in a ditch. I had 20+ years worth of parts, but not much in 20".

I went in and introduced myself to Mike and told him I was a longtime mountain biker, and what I was up to. I let him know I needed to get this kid on a bike. He dug through his parts bin, donating most of what I needed for the build, and gave me a steep discount on the things I needed to purchase, saying, "Everyone deserves a life behind bars." How right that is.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

9 lives
    Loved the video and thank you for sharing

Do something. Anything. Try different stuff. Listen to the old bod', don't hurt yourself, and have fun with it.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Very cool...I just boinked a couple weeks ago and separated shoulder which totally bummed me out. At 58 my wife is on my case claiming I should reconsider this 'hobby' at my age. I've been doing this sh*t for 30 years and I'm not stopping now...plus, I just got a new Kona...I gotta ride for at least a few more years!

On Tuesday morning at 6AM I get into my truck to go to work and there was an ambulance in my neighbors yard. Later found out the poor guy dropped dead at 64 that morning...sobering message. Suddenly my shoulder mishap became trivial...Live for today!
    07 Kona Dawg Supreme
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL (27.5)...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I aspire to be like Mike one day. Currently funemployed but trying to figure things out, re-prioritizing things in my life to live as opposed to just surviving the daily grind. Typically a corporate slave but trying to see if I can find work in a small biking community that will give me both the lifestyle and extra curricular activities I participate in. Time to do some heavy soul searching, and thanks for posting the video. It gives me perspective and has lit a fire under my ass to get me in gear.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post

Yup he bailed me out when I had a mechanical while riding in that area (not too far from my home) and was super cool. Dude can ride too. I'm 56 and yes, he inspires me too. Nice!

MarkyMark
    Very cool dude and great perspective on life!

I've got a lot of work to do to be half as rad as he is. I'll have to stop by Wake and Wheel when I'm in the area and hopefully it'll rub off.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    cool vid. Makes me want to go ride more.