MTBr ReMember

NorCal H.S. MTB Championship race pics...

...at Folsom lake today.

Here are a few pics...I'll let the coach's and racers ID them as I only know a few of the riders from prerides at Boggs:

1)The Starting line...

2 and 3) The Sand Pit...

4and 5) Near the finish...
    Attached Images Attached Images

MTBr ReMember

Here are a few more...

...including the finish!

1and 2) two more of the approach to the finish...
    3) Senior men's winner!
    4) Matt from Nevada Union finishing second in Senior Men's...

I had a great time and will be working with a bunch of people in Lake county so we can field some teams next season...

Congrats to all who raced today...it was an awesome race day!!!

I plan on seeing you at Boggs during the off season...

Tim

It's about showing up.

Huge Fun and Great Racing

It was great to see you there and feel your support for the League and your excitement about workingwith us. We look forward to Lake County participation.

eBiker
    Thanks for posting the pix. I wish I could have raced with you guys this year but I am too busy with a 1 year old.

Fun swoopy course.

Great picture of the sand pit! I remember how devistating that was on my legs :-)

It's great to see kids out there of all skill levels and abilites going for it.

Mr. P

It's about showing up.

Flat out racing

This is an image of 2 Jr Varsity riders dicing for 8th place. This is the final turn about 40 yards from the Finish line. Number 5336 won the final dash. There was a lot of great racing that day.

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike
    This is an image of 2 Jr Varsity riders dicing for 8th place. This is the final turn about 40 yards from the Finish line. Number 5336 won the final dash. There was a lot of great racing that day.
    That is a cool photo!

Were they bumping on the way in, or was it just a tight pass?

Mr. P

Keep The Rubber Side Down

Question

I'm assuming H.S. = High School. If so, does the local school district purchase the bikes for the student athletes? or are they their own personal bikes?
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

It's about showing up.

No, Yes.

Few if any of the school clubs recieve any district support the way conventional sports do. The idea of such support makes a Football coach pale and grab his heart and wallet. These are clubs which have their focus at a school, most frequently with a teacher but often just volunteers to coach and organize and raise funds from the community and from parents. Some clubs have fees for participation and hire coaches. Some request donations. I know of one school where the coach personally pays for everything (though this is not common knowledge), including lending his own personal bikes. Most bikes are the personal property of the kids but some are donated by people who just love the sport and want to help. Our school recieved a fair amount of support from this site in the form of parts, frames, shocks and such and we built bikes. Of our 14 riders we provided 5 bikes. Out of that bunch we have 10 racers, two of which race of bikes we built.
    For more information about how things work try the league site at:
    http://www.norcalmtb.org/
    Last edited by Berkeley Mike; 05-03-2005 at 08:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the pics. There's plenty more at abbiorca.com
    When I first started riding, I was bummed that the school didn't support us or give us credit (Golf and badminton do get credit...?) but if we were an established school team, we couldn't have any corporate sponsors, and could only recieve funds from our underfunded school district. We too (at Berkeley High) have loaner team bikes and lots of random donated parts and clothes. It always works out: if someone wants to ride with the team, they can.
    You're the one throwing scissors!

MTBr ReMember

Glad you liked the pics...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonHan
    Thanks for the pics. There's plenty more at abbiorca.com
    When I first started riding, I was bummed that the school didn't support us or give us credit (Golf and badminton do get credit...?) but if we were an established school team, we couldn't have any corporate sponsors, and could only recieve funds from our underfunded school district. We too (at Berkeley High) have loaner team bikes and lots of random donated parts and clothes. It always works out: if someone wants to ride with the team, they can.
    ...I was really impressed with the attitudes of all of you who were competeing.
    I look forward to supporting your league and hope to see you back up here racing at Boggs.

Tim

It's about showing up.

Dragon

Your avitar image looks like it was from Iron Angle/Gun Club. I hope you had a great season. I enjoyed the Berkeley Club and hope you like the Club Picture I did; you'll see it at your Barbecue this weekend. .
    This image is of Elena as she crossed the Finish line in her victory in Varsity Girls which secured her State Championship this year. Pretty cool.
    See you on B-17!

mtbr member
    Yeah, I wanted to thank you for that picture, that was really cool of you do volunteer. I'm bummed I missed Elenas finish. I was at the tent cooling off and suddenly I heard all this explosive cheering. The PA was a bit garbled and the only words I heard were "Elena Spittler...second..." I thought she had got second, but then everyone came over to the tent cheering and excited and I guess she won by a second. She was stoked. Apparently this was her first win, which was a surprise to me because I thought she had won a few times before, but I guess not.
    You're the one throwing scissors!

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Great shot!

You da man.

fp
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

It's about showing up.

Take it easy...

one of my riders has had to pull back her efforts to accomodate her body and wasn't sure she would be able to race. In the last few races I had her go out easy and ride her ride and try not to focus on her place. With only about an hour before start we were still deciding whether to have her race or not but she put her wheel on the starting line. She said she wanted to suport the Club at the Championships. Here is the image of the Girls Parade Start after the coaches peeled off. She is the one in the green schooling the League Champion in a Starting sprint. Finishing Place was not the point.