Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by tooclosetosee View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It also made me hungry. I wish there were more pictures of the food!

It seems that you have a genetic advantage of being able to eat ridiculous amounts and hop right on a bike. I think I might be most impressed with that.
    It really is a gift... I ate pancakes while running the Austin marathon two years ago!

mtbr member
    I too really enjoyed reading about your experience. Congratulations. Any thoughts about competing personally vanished as I read the link concerning interpretations of the rules. What a convoluted mess. An interpretation built upon a rickety ladder, placed on a unstable stool sitting in quicksand. I predict someone dies of dehydration and the whole race comes tumbling down in sea of lawsuits. Trail magic,? serendipitous? The rules seem like they were written by lawyers borrowed from Alice in Wonderland.
    Consciousness, that annoying time between bike rides.

Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    I too really enjoyed reading about your experience. Congratulations. Any thoughts about competing personally vanished as I read the link concerning interpretations of the rules. What a convoluted mess. An interpretation built upon a rickety ladder, placed on a unstable stool sitting in quicksand. I predict someone dies of dehydration and the whole race comes tumbling down in sea of lawsuits. Trail magic,? serendipitous? The rules seem like they were written by lawyers borrowed from Alice in Wonderland.
    It's a race. And you should be glad that it is loosely defined. If it were to become "official" the amount of paperwork and red tape would bring it to a grinding halt.

Also, one person has died during the race. A few years back, a racer hit a log truck while barreling down a section of logging road.

Vincit qui patitur
    @Lopaka
    You may be alone but you are not. Everyone carries SPOT.
    This event is not for the faint of heart.
    It is an event that plays with the mind more than being physical.(from the racers I have spoken to)
    I will be competeing in this event in the future.
    It is definately a "Soul Searching" event.
    Vincit qui patitur
    2012 GT Karakoram 3.0
    2012 Salsa Spearfish 2
    2014 KONA Process 153
    2013 Giant Defy
    2012 Access TCL

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I made waffles the other morning and thanks to your pancake chapter, 1 of them became a post ride snack(was supposed to be mid ride but got rained out)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4