E !

The "no hand king"

Check out the story on page 79 of this months BIKE magazine. A good story. Something different than all the Huckster photo stuff thats filling the zines. A ghetto guy and his dreams of getting a world record for riding a no handed wheelie. Sorry i can't post the whole article.Maybe i can copy it here later. I think it qualifies as PASSION.
    Oh yah, his bike is a wal-mart little girls bike. It's has 4 vice grips reinforcements supporting the seat bracket and the dropouts. Crazy!
    the - E - dog

Currently in Exile

I saw the article

But I didn't get to it just yet. I was pleasently surprised to see the article about singletrack in NW Canada. Bike seems to have drifted away from that recently to be all huck all the time. I can only take so much of that.

I hope this marks a shift for them.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

mtbr member
    Dude. That guy is ripped. Pretty cool story. I kinda doubt he's ever going to "make it big" riding no hand wheelies but I hope he's able to get something out of it.

I don't have the wheelie gene and can't ride a wheelie with my hands on the bars let alone without for more than 20-30 feet. How is what he's doing different from riding a unicycle? I suppose the balance point is different with the weight of the front wheel out in front, but still it seems like it would be similar.

I was also pleased to see a few none hucking stories in this issue.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob

How is what he's doing different from riding a unicycle? I suppose the balance point is different with the weight of the front wheel out in front, but still it seems like it would be similar.
    On a unicycle, you can pedal backwards to correct if you get too far back, this wouldn't be a the case with a bike, unless he's riding a fixie.