Loser

Nice ride today...

Solo at my "home turf" ride...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

GCM
    mtbr member
    Not much snow/ice remaining after the recent rain and warmer temps here in CT. This bums me out big time because, thanks to your posts as well as other's, I was motivated to make my first set of Studs and get out on the ice (see post and pics from a day ago) - Ride was great.

Now I need two things:

1) a second set of wheels so I can interchange tires more easily.
    2) a new chainstay - yes it cracked again - second time in three years for me. I know other's who completely gave up on the Jamis XLT due to the chainstay problems - I still love the way the bike rides. Maybe I need to convice wifey that it's time for a new mount - Ah but all the choices

keep posting the pics...
    88 Keys and only 10 fingers....

Loser

Glad to see you're back at it...

Quote Originally Posted by GCM
    Now I need two things:

1) a second set of wheels so I can interchange tires more easily.
    2) a new chainstay - yes it cracked again - second time in three years for me. I know other's who completely gave up on the Jamis XLT due to the chainstay problems - I still love the way the bike rides. Maybe I need to convice wifey that it's time for a new mount - Ah but all the choices

keep posting the pics...
    Wow, I can't believe you broke 2 in that short period of time. I'd say its time to look for something stronger.

I agree on the second set of wheels, last night I moved the studded tires from my HT to my FS, now I'll probably have to move them back, since this weekend's ride will likely be somewhere south (i.e. clear).

John
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

mtbr member
    I've been liking seeing the neighbors trails in your pics. We got by with mud/snow type knobbies riding in Dutchess County NY today (909). My friend broke an XLT's chainstay and more recently twice on the seat/top tube gussett. Its not a light bike either, but he likes his.