Trail rider and racer

Wink Nice hot day for riding - Took the worst pics though...

I was inspired to take the camera out on the trails today and take pictures, but since it was a planned training ride, I was too exhausted most of the time to take care when taking pictures.

The trail is my favorite for getting a good ride in within a short or restricted time. I can ride to the trailhead from home and once on the trail I have options on where I end up. It leads to I guess the main MTBing hub with a large network of trailings heading all over the place, with some of the nicest and grueling climbs and the coolest and fastest DHs... Its a great trail to start with since it is basically a gradual climb with some short DHs and nice flats to hammer along.

It was around 65* degrees or so today, we use celsius here in Australia so my conversion is probably way off! It was around 25 degrees C, nice and dry with a pleasant breeze.

I promise on my next ride to actually think before taking pictures rather than just shooting whatever...

A nice climb to warm the legs up pre hitting the trail

internet axe murderer

About 78F (25C)

Training ride? What's that? Just kidding - since I am too lazy to do any disciplined training.

65F would be a great temp for riding. 77F is hotter, but it isn't too bad.

Spike

Trail rider and racer

Having issues!!!

That picture I included isn't the only one sorry! But for some reason I cant get them uploaded. I will dump my pics on my server in the next few hours and repost what I can.

A picture of a road isn't even boring its just sh** !

Ciao
    Trevor!

Trail rider and racer

New question here. Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    Training ride? What's that? Just kidding - since I am too lazy to do any disciplined training.

65F would be a great temp for riding. 77F is hotter, but it isn't too bad.

Spike
    IT was 80F today. I was well off with the conversion, I had to use google to get it right - You get the picture anyhow. Winter for use is usually around 50-60F I think and summer then around 80-100 around this time. 100F if we are lucky though it seem!

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Anything over 90F sucks the big one, plus down here in FL (or up on the other side of the world for you) it's pretty much a constant 100% humidity which makes the heat 10x worse.

Cycle Solutions
    I live in Ontario Canada...........it's -25 degreed celcius here (about -8 degrees farenheit) Havent been riding since December.

Trail rider and racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Benno
    I live in Ontario Canada...........it's -25 degreed celcius here (about -8 degrees farenheit) Havent been riding since December.
    Thats mighty cold indeed. It was 19 degrees celsius here yesterday, and I had the heaters on, as i thought it was so cold. I probably wouldn't handle the -25 weather then..

Some more pictures, since I thought I had deleted this thread due to not being able to post pics:

Enjoy
    Trevor!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (83.5 KB, 423 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (142.1 KB, 414 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (150.6 KB, 415 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (144.9 KB, 415 views)

Born to Ride
    i live in Ontario too but i managed to sneak a ride in yesterday and was planning to go for a ride today but then were stuck with -25 degrees and 10 cm of snow , i just want winter to be over
    MAXXIS

Cycle Solutions
    Haha yeah I hate winter too..........14 hours on the trainer per week.......grrr. I am going to Florida on the 26th though, and will be back for the bike show (that sunday) in march. Leaving 2 days after my Carbon NRS Air is due to arrive. Lots on my plate for the next few days.

Born to Ride
    are you going to the ice breaker in march (trek enduro )
    MAXXIS

mtbr member

Brisbane......my ride

I finally got out on the trail after 6 this evening once a slight breeze came up. It was a sweltering 33 degrees Celcius ( about 91.5F) here is Brisbane(Australia) today.
    I was totally drenched at the end of the ride. Here's a couple of sunset pics on Gap Creek reserve.....

Cycle Solutions
    I may go watch the Icebreaker, but I'm not racing in it. In fact my whole team has decided not to race it as it almost took me out of commision last year. My first race will be the Giant Five race in Bethany (it's either april 4th or 11th).

Born to Ride
    I dunno , if you know him , but my friend Jamie Hamilton did out himself out of commission when he shattered his knee cups , i think i will race depending on how much snow we have and how cold it is
    MAXXIS

banned

Just after sunrise...

in early July in the Southern Sierra Nevada Foothills. 93F! And that's the cool part of the day!

TeXaS BoY
    Jan 2004
    I hate winter, too. Here in my part of Texas, during the summer it's not uncommon to ride in 99F+, with 90+% humidity at 6:00pm. It can suck the life out of ya after doing the eighteen mile trail. But that's the way I like it
    Don't live in fear. Be ready.

I love my bike like a fat kid loves cake.

Kearsarge crawler

Bare ground

To all of you with bare ground and perfect temperatures I reveal my jealousy. It is February of course so my windows tell me of cold weather and snow. Don't get me wrong that doesn't stop me from riding until it's well below 20 degrees. Listening to your stories and seeing your pictures give me hope that spring is just around the corner...ah yes, the trails and old roads are a little muddy, the black flies are so thick that if you stop for any reason you will be leagally insane within 30 seconds. Then the black flies die off and the mosqitoes take over, we are now becoming imune. Then we get to the deer flies and our level of insanity increases again, we then drift in to fall the best riding of the year. Would I give it up...no way...ride on friends.

TeXaS BoY
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by minkhiller
    To all of you with bare ground and perfect temperatures I reveal my jealousy. It is February of course so my windows tell me of cold weather and snow. Don't get me wrong that doesn't stop me from riding until it's well below 20 degrees. Listening to your stories and seeing your pictures give me hope that spring is just around the corner...ah yes, the trails and old roads are a little muddy, the black flies are so thick that if you stop for any reason you will be leagally insane within 30 seconds. Then the black flies die off and the mosqitoes take over, we are now becoming imune. Then we get to the deer flies and our level of insanity increases again, we then drift in to fall the best riding of the year. Would I give it up...no way...ride on friends.

Don't live in fear. Be ready.

I love my bike like a fat kid loves cake.