zombie survivalist
    Mar 2008

New Jersey MTB video

From this year's Kittatinny Valley Bulldog Romp.

Kneel before Zod!!
    sweet

Dirt Huffer
    Wow. Impressively filmed but needs more shots of riding, less nature! Cool none the less.

the test dummy
    that was awesome i guess jersey doesn't totally suck
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

is buachail foighneach me
    Quote Originally Posted by insanitylevel9
    that was awesome i guess jersey doesn't totally suck

It's not like the world suddenly turns into flat concrete, raw sewage and fist pumping as soon as you hit the eastern edge of Pennsylvania or the southern edge of upstate New York.....

Great video. A little bit more riding would definitely be the only criticism, but it's really refreshing to see that kind of production quality in a cross country video again.

avg. joe

Thanks ...

Cool video. Thanks for posting.

STinGa
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas.

Ska
    Steel is real.
    My guess is that you were trying to capture not only the ride but the feel/vibe of the day and I say you nailed it. Great video and it’s clips like this that inspire me to do more with mine and try new things.

Thanks,
    Really nice.
    Here's my crummy, slow-going blog The Slow Spoke if you're interested.

mtbr member
    I guess I need to start heading north jersey more often to ride.

Space Ghost
    WOW! I am sure some of the professional video people can find fault, but damn, as a casual observer, that looks like pro quality to me. That wasn't done on iMovie! Nice job.
    "No good deed goes unpunished"

mtbr member
    Awesome clip with great nature shots. My only complaint would be the discarded Bontrager CO2 canister. I wish people would take their GU packets and other trash out with them

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by njbiker66
    I guess I need to start heading north jersey more often to ride.
    Kittatiny is fun but small park that is good for people new to riding through intermediate. There are numerous larger and more challenging parks in that area. North Jersey actually has some seriously awesome trails.

Rez
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets_Ride
    Awesome clip with great nature shots. My only complaint would be the discarded Bontrager CO2 canister. I wish people would take their GU packets and other trash out with them

Been here in Jersey for a couple of months now. And the left over debris from bikers is disgusting. I never since it this bad any where else. It is a same because the trail systems are a lot better then people thing
    What goes up must come down

Inrideo est vita

Good job!

Awesome editing, and cool song selection. Good job.
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Trail Trash

Quote Originally Posted by Rez
    Been here in Jersey for a couple of months now. And the left over debris from bikers is disgusting. I never since it this bad any where else. It is a same because the trail systems are a lot better then people thing

Was this after the race cleanup? I would be surprised as Team Bulldog is normally very good at taking care of race debris during thier post race cleanup. Just sayin...
    "The rides to short to not kick against the pricks" M.F.

mtbr member
    I was not in anyway critisizing the race organizers. They should not need to clean up after the racers, only maybe the course markers. I was merely noting that for a group of people fighting for access and claiming to be environmentally friendly, there are those among us that still leave trash like this behind. There is no blaming a co2 cartridge on other user groups

Mar 2006
    I figured the CO2 cartridge was placed there for some effect for the shot.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Amne to that. Agree completely!!!!
    "The rides to short to not kick against the pricks" M.F.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rez
    If you are referring to after races, that's another matter.

I rode NJ trials for about five years, and have ridden all over the northeast. NJ trails have no more garbage from riders than others. I noticed more hiking leftovers myself. Well, less hikers, and more day walker garbage (i.e. empty Gatorades).

The worst i have seen is in the Boston metro. But still not bad enough to really even make an opinion.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cchase86
    I figured the CO2 cartridge was placed there for some effect for the shot.
    I hope that is the case. It definately was a good shot, even if it was trash.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Yes, great video. I like the perspective of nature first, racer second. I think it is pretty amazing that many bikers can be riding through the woods in a race and much of nature is doing it's usual thing. Sometimes we have less of an impact than we think. I was racing in that race several years ago when I came across a large bear standing in the trail, and had to wait for a minute for it to move off. If you ask me, it is a pretty cool to be able to experience this kind of nature first hand. The video reminds me of that.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    I think it's racing at Kittatinny that I've come closest to a bear while racing a couple of years ago, it was about 8 ft away from the trail as I went past and we watched each other.

Members who have read this thread: 0