mtbr member

New bike passion

Let's talk about how awesome it is to have a new bike.

Every trail anew...I will now need to ride every trail AGAIN, so that I can see how it rides on the new bike. Oh, darn.

Squirrel, Black Mtn, Old Creedmoor, Warrior Creek...meet the new ride...

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Congrats, I love the new bike feel. I love it more once I get it tuned into my style of riding.
    Lefty For LIFE!!!!!

Big John
    Oh, how awesome indeed. I went from 26" and 30+ pounds to 29" and 26 pounds. I'm clearing things that always gave me trouble before. I'm fresher at the end of rides that destroyed me on the old bike. I'm pumping out many more miles in the same amount of time that it took me to do fewer on the old MTB. I climb better, descend faster. I feel like I've just begun mountain biking all over again. I find myself smiling, whooping and hollering like a kid.

After having said all of that, I don't know if awesome is an adequate word.
    Road, mountain, commute, CX... who cares? Shut up and ride!

thecentralscrutinizer
    Yes, having a new bike is awesome. I really like to do my own, piece by piece, to get it just how i want it. Trouble now is that I have everything I want. lol
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE Racing lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    my rockhopper is not a new bike , but it is new to me....its lightweight compared to what I was riding before......
    97 specialized rockhopper.....$5 garage sale find....rebuild and low buck single speed conversion

mtbr member

New bike passion

I find myself much more willing to go out to the garage to get things for wifey...sneak a glance, check the sag...

Cheesiest
    Quote Originally Posted by swoodbrn View Post
    I find myself much more willing to go out to the garage to get things for wifey...sneak a glance, check the sag...
    I do the same thing, but then she asks what took so long.
    "Paved roads...just another example of needless government spending"—paraphrased from rhino_adv

I love Pisgah
    Yeah congrats! I'm also on a new bike. In fact, its THE first new mtb I've ever bought. Every other bike before that was either used of a frame build. Usually the later. But I had (finally) made the jump over to a 29er on this one, so it made more sense this time.

Same "renewed" trails for me too. Altho so far having only ridden Cove Creek, Grassy road, and Sycamore Cove trails on it. Ridden Tsali(I live next door) just about every day on it over the last 4 weeks.

And haha on the "going to the garage" thing. I do the same chit.
    "I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)

mtbr member

New bike passion

Quote Originally Posted by Asbuofjith View Post
    Yes, having a new bike is indeed awesome! It's like having a new baby. Congrats
    Ok, let's not get carried away...comparing a new bike to a new baby, that's ridiculous. My new bike hasn't pooped or puked on me once, and hasn't kept me up a single night (except maybe the night before our first legit ride).

mtbr member

New bike passion

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
    Yeah congrats! I'm also on a new bike. In fact, its THE first new mtb I've ever bought. Every other bike before that was either used of a frame build. Usually the later. But I had (finally) made the jump over to a 29er on this one, so it made more sense this time.

Same "renewed" trails for me too. Altho so far having only ridden Cove Creek, Grassy road, and Sycamore Cove trails on it. Ridden Tsali(I live next door) just about every day on it over the last 4 weeks.

And haha on the "going to the garage" thing. I do the same chit.
    Same here with the 29er. Last bike was a lower end full bike onto which I swapped all my old components, then sold the new stuff and old frame. Didn't pinch nearly as many pennies with this one and couldn't use the old parts if I wanted to. Just now debating whether to sell the old mare or keep as backup...she's been so good to me...who could love her as I have?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by swoodbrn View Post
    I don't understand this concept of the garage having anything to do with bikes.
    Consciousness, that annoying time between bike rides.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    My new bike passion was stolen from me. I've only had 1 mountain bike. Bought it about 5 years ago and went on 3 rides the first 3 days I had it. I babied the thing to death. Full clean after each ride so it looked like it just came from the bike shop. A week later we went out of state on a bike trip and on the way up another bike fell over onto mine on the trailer. For 3 hours it proceeded to rub the paint off about a 18" section of my bike! Once the first scratch is made its hard to keep that new bike passion.

mtbr member

New bike passion

Quote Originally Posted by AMac4108 View Post
    My new bike passion was stolen from me. I've only had 1 mountain bike. Bought it about 5 years ago and went on 3 rides the first 3 days I had it. I babied the thing to death. Full clean after each ride so it looked like it just came from the bike shop. A week later we went out of state on a bike trip and on the way up another bike fell over onto mine on the trailer. For 3 hours it proceeded to rub the paint off about a 18" section of my bike! Once the first scratch is made its hard to keep that new bike passion.
    Scratches definitely won't mar my new bike passion...cracks would.

mtbr member

New bike passion

And I definitely read another manufacturer forum now (Santa Cruz).