Alright, let's ride!

... and if we just ... New bike finally done, for now anyway.

I finally finished building up the new bike, again. I built it up a couple of weeks ago and was able to ride it three times, then the fork decided to die on me. I contacted White Brothers about my fork and they told me they would take care of it for me. That was a very pleasant surprise, especially since it is a year out of warranty. Anyway, problem solved but I didn't really want to have to go without a bike for two weeks so I decided to go ahead and order a new fork anyway. I ordered a Marzocchi Marathon SL. I figure this way I will have a nice spare fork. I'm going to try the marzocchi out for a few weeks then I will decide which fork will be the back up, if I like it better than the WB the white brothers will make a great spare, if I like the WB better the Marzocchi will make a great spare, either way I'm covered next time.

When I ordered the fork I decided to order a new crankset as well. I was running an FSA Carbon Pro crankset and I was very happy with it. I was not happy with having to constantly replace ISIS bottom brackets though. I have gone thru 4 isis bb's in the past year and a half. Anyway, I ordered the FSA k-force mega exo crankset. So far I have only ridden it one ride but the silence was so nice! It does weigh more than advertised but I can live with the extra weight for the reliability.

Anyway, here is the new bike. I only have four rides on it so far but I already sure that I made the right decision when I decided to give Ellsworth a chance. The bike rides like a dream.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Sweet

Nice ride. It doesn't look like you held back on any of your parts. When you put the rear brake on did you cut the line and bleed? Or maybe I should ask if the front and rear feel the same? Anyway sweet ride I bet it floats.

Alright, let's ride!
    Thank ya.

I cut the rear hose about two years ago and bled it when I put it on my Superlight. I have bled it a few times since and it feels exactly the same as the front. Unfortunately I am having a problem with both levers sticking a little though. They have been doing it for a while. I tried bleeding them again but it didn't help. Next time I will be going for the standard Marta brakes though, the SL's don't save nearly enough weight to justify the extra cost.

I love Pisgah
    What size frame is that?

Good looking bike.

Duck

Alright, let's ride!
    Thanks Duckman. It is a medium, 18" frame.