mtbr dismember

Need Arizona riders

I'll be off for the winter and will be riding in Arizona a couple times a month this winter on Saturdays and Tuesdays. I do long XC rides in the beautiful deserts of Arizona and I need riding partners. I'm not particularly fast but I regularly ride 40 - 50 miles. But desert riding seems more difficult so I do 35 - 40 mile rides. I'm 100% reliable, 100% prepared, 100% self-sufficient and I have 100% fun.

I have to say that so far Pickepost to Kelvin is my favorite ride but I'll do any other long ride. Many photos and much information on my website. Many rides are really way out there so you need to be both physically and mechanically prepared.

mtbr member
    Wish it could be me...looks awesome!

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    I am going to be in Scottsdale the month of January and part of February.. Where are you in the valley? Would love to ride. I do my whole vacation without a car so in the valley locations work best....

Mikey

mtbr dismember

Central Valley

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyonthemadone View Post
    ... Where are you in the valley? Would love to ride. I do my whole vacation without a car so in the valley locations work best
    Central Valley...of California. I'll drive down about twice a month. I don't know what "valley locations" riding means. But when I drive all the way down there it is to get out into wilderness.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    If only.....might be too far to commute from the UK! . Enjoy and I hope you get hooked up with some like minded riders. Cheers.

No Clue Crew
    Did you post this in the AZ forum? Probably get better results. I'm sure you'll find someone to tag along or lead. Even if I COULD ride 40-50 miles I wouldn't. That doesn't sound like fun. At least not 40-50 miles of trail that are worth riding

Enjoy our AWESOME winter! This is the season it's great to be in AZ. We can laugh at all the other people who have to quit riding

mtbr dismember

Of course

Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    Did you post this in the AZ forum? Probably get better results. I'm sure you'll find someone to tag along or lead. Even if I COULD ride 40-50 miles I wouldn't. That doesn't sound like fun. At least not 40-50 miles of trail that are worth riding
    Of course I did and nobody will commit. I was hoping to find someone who might be vacationing there.

No Clue Crew
    That sucks. I always see guys talking about their ultra long rides...

mtbr dismember
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    That doesn't sound like fun. At least not 40-50 miles of trail that are worth riding
    Looks like I hooked a Canadian for the 28th. You don't think there are any worthwhile long rides in Arizona?

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf View Post
    Looks like I hooked a Canadian for the 28th. You don't think there are any worthwhile long rides in Arizona?
    There are LOTS of long and good rides in Arizona. I just don't enjoy LONG rides. Too much like a workout and I HATE working out. A "good" ride is gauged by how much fun it was and lots of miles does not equal fun to me. Yes, I know I'm in the minority on here...

My rides are usually under 6 or 8 miles. But always involve technically demanding climbs which are just as fun to descend. Like National on South Mountain. I can't, and probably won't ever be able to, ride it's distance in one shot and clean everything. Hell, I won't ever be able to clean everything, let alone clean it all in one shot. I only know of a handful of people that MIGHT be able to. But, it's that challenge that brings me back every time.

It's gotta be exciting for me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Looking forward to the write up with you and the Cannuck in the Arizona outback. Would love to be there! Got a 52 miler done last week in 8degree weather, too much muck on the early stages of the ride however trails generally holding up well! Cheers.

High Desert MTBer
    I am in Tucson and will be home here until mid Feb. I like to ride, but my rides tend to be in the 20 - 30 mile range when I do a longer one. If that interests you, let me know.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    WW, as I stated in your other thread, starting Tuesday the 24th and going for the next 8 or so days, there will be organized rides in the Tuc area. None of these will be 50-milers, though. Just fun rides.

On Sat, the 28th there's a Gold Canyon Trails, north of Florence. (SAMBA) GOLD CANYON TRAILS - Southern Arizona Mountain Bike Association (Tucson, AZ) - Meetup

Join me on Sunday, the 29th for a ~25 mile romp through TMP and Robles, starting at 10 in the Richard Genser parking area by Starr Pass. 8ish DOCR -- Sunday, the 29th -- TMP / Robles loop - Tucson MTB
    -- Evil Patrick

My Music

My Videos

Ride everything! Remember, Elvis died pushing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick View Post
    WW, as I stated in your other thread, starting Tuesday the 24th and going for the next 8 or so days, there will be organized rides in the Tuc area. None of these will be 50-milers, though. Just fun rides.

On Sat, the 28th there's a Gold Canyon Trails, north of Florence. (SAMBA) GOLD CANYON TRAILS - Southern Arizona Mountain Bike Association (Tucson, AZ) - Meetup

Join me on Sunday, the 29th for a ~25 mile romp through TMP and Robles, starting at 10 in the Richard Genser parking area by Starr Pass. 8ish DOCR -- Sunday, the 29th -- TMP / Robles loop - Tucson MTB
    Was this for December or next year?

If i missed out anyone want to hit up the Santans?
    I ride and do custom website design in South Gilbert and Phoenix AZ.