Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

My Ride today. Passion removed by jackwagon rider

49K views 410 replies 199 participants last post by  Motorider228 
#1 ·
Dropping in on some smooth out and back single track this morning, I was tooling along when my wife texts me about results of my daughter's dr appt. (Flu has made its presence known this week in my household)

I pull off to the side to respond when a rider comes up behind me. He pulls off as well and we exchange pleasantries.

He then rides about 15 feet from me, gets off his ride, then proceeds to water the grass if you will. :eek: :madman: :madmax:

I couldnt believe the chutzpah on this jackwagon!

I let him pedal off then I went the other way. Beautiful day marred by a thoughtless dude who couldnt ride another 1/4 mile back to the trail head and a restroom.

Reactions: Guerdonian
#202 ·
Riding a trail locally last summer, I came upon the awful realization that a deuce was knocking (pounding violently, really) at the door.

Having no other options, Abandoned the bike and ran into the woods.

The task completed, I fished for my bag of TP & realized with horror that I'd lent it to a buddy who had failed to return the unused portion.

I completed the remaining 5 miles of trail with only one sock. Got my ankle pretty good a few times too.

#204 ·
ok, on a serious note, would this guy be considered a jackwagon rider....?

COLUMBUS, Ohio, March 20 (UPI) — An Ohio man’s drinking problem has landed him in jail, but not for alcohol abuse, officials said. Alan David Passion, 59, allegedly has a fetish for drinking urine and he has been ordered to spend 30 days in jail and five years under house arrest for a recent bathroom-related crime, The Columbus Dispatch reported. “I’m not certain jail time is going to do the trick for him,” said Columbus Assistant City Prosecutor Joseph E. Schmotsky. “It seems like what Mr. Passion really wants to do is just do the jail time and then get out and do it again.” The judge also banned Patton from using public restrooms.

#354 ·
ok, on a serious note, would this guy be considered a jackwagon rider....?

COLUMBUS, Ohio, March 20 (UPI) - An Ohio man's drinking problem has landed him in jail, but not for alcohol abuse, officials said. Alan David Passion, 59, allegedly has a fetish for drinking urine and he has been ordered to spend 30 days in jail and five years under house arrest for a recent bathroom-related crime, The Columbus Dispatch reported. "I'm not certain jail time is going to do the trick for him," said Columbus Assistant City Prosecutor Joseph E. Schmotsky. "It seems like what Mr. Passion really wants to do is just do the jail time and then get out and do it again." The judge also banned Patton from using public restrooms.
I shat bricks when I saw that! One man's piss is another man's...drink :confused:

#207 ·
What have we learned from this thread?

99% of mountain bikers would be cool with you rolling up, introducing yourself, turning a shoulder, and taking a piss. I think we all understand there's an awkward line you cross somewhere in that scenario but picturing this going down makes me laugh. Makes me want to try a social experiment. Walk up to random people and see how close to them you can piss without being called a jackwagon.

#208 ·
Hahaha. Good Social experiment Idea. I think it would be somewhat rare for you to actually be called "Jackwagon". Hopefully not though, this thread has given us all a great new insult to use, and hopefully, it's use will spread.

Next time someone cuts me off in traffic when I'm on my bike, I WILL yell "Watch where you're going you JACKWAGON"

#209 · (Edited)
Sorry, I disagree with many of you. Even though I've been peeing in the woods all my life ( almost 50 now),. It would be rude to pee in front of a stranger if they are not part of your group. If possible it's best to be more discreet and find your own space, there is alot of space and usually many trees around to help.

#210 ·
From The Online Slang Dictionary

Definition of jackwagon
jackwagon
noun

an insult. Likely coined specifically for the Geico commercial quoted in the following citation.

Therapist: Maybe we should chug on over to mamby-pamby land where maybe we can find some confidence for you, you jackwagon.

-- Geico commercial, 2010

See more words meaning: uncool person, jerk, ******* (general insults - list of)

by WalterGR, Sacramento, CA, USA, Jul 03 2010 (Edit definition)
A useless piece of equipment, usually military, used to refer to a mule-drawn freight wagon which had been pieced together from dicarded or substandard parts, and subject to frequent breakdowns. Jackwagons typically were good for only one or two uses, then abandoned or discarded along roadsides and in ditches, and were often re-cannibalized to create new jackwagons.

by The Sterd, Oct 21 2010 (Edit definition)

#213 ·
B-Mac said:
Riding a trail locally last summer, I came upon the awful realization that a deuce was knocking (pounding violently, really) at the door.

Having no other options, Abandoned the bike and ran into the woods.

The task completed, I fished for my bag of TP & realized with horror that I'd lent it to a buddy who had failed to return the unused portion.

I completed the remaining 5 miles of trail with only one sock. Got my ankle pretty good a few times too.
I carry a bandana when XC skiing & biking. The main reason for this is to wipe sweat off my brow in warm weather & wipe my nose in cold.

I have, on accasion, pressed the bandana into "other service" in emergencies. Usually, 1/2of the bandana will suffice for such emergencies leaving the other half for the original intent or another "emergncy".

#215 ·
XCSKIBUM said:
I carry a bandana when XC skiing & biking. The main reason for this is to wipe sweat off my brow in warm weather & wipe my nose in cold.

I have, on accasion, pressed the bandana into "other service" in emergencies. Usually, 1/2of the bandana will suffice for such emergencies leaving the other half for the original intent or another "emergncy".
OMG! Are you a survivalist or what?

#220 ·
Marko G said:
i didnt think my sarcasm was THAT difficult to detect... however, ill try to make it a little more obvious next time:thumbsup:
Perhaps your response came too soon after the OP's hand wringinmg plea in the 1st post..:D

Now that I re-read your post, the sarchasm is more obvious but you pulled it off so well, it threw me.

Actually, that should be taken as a compliment as the best sarchasm should look to be a serious coment on the original subject.

Indeed, well done! :thumbsup: .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.