Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

My Ride today. Passion removed by jackwagon rider

49K views 410 replies 199 participants last post by  Motorider228 
#1 ·
Dropping in on some smooth out and back single track this morning, I was tooling along when my wife texts me about results of my daughter's dr appt. (Flu has made its presence known this week in my household)

I pull off to the side to respond when a rider comes up behind me. He pulls off as well and we exchange pleasantries.

He then rides about 15 feet from me, gets off his ride, then proceeds to water the grass if you will. :eek: :madman: :madmax:

I couldnt believe the chutzpah on this jackwagon!

I let him pedal off then I went the other way. Beautiful day marred by a thoughtless dude who couldnt ride another 1/4 mile back to the trail head and a restroom.

Reactions: Guerdonian
#352 ·
Got out of the truck to get ready to ride and an SUV pulls up beside me and a dude opens the door, steps out, and starts pissing using the door to hide his junk. Funny part was he went to put his shoes on to ride and he had grabbed one roadie shoe and one mtb shoe. I got up in his face and said "SERVES YOU RIGHT FOR REMOVING MY PASSION YOU JACKWAGON".

I then drove off and cried a little.

#358 ·
According to Urban Dictionary the OP is the jackwagon:

1. jackwagon - a crybaby loser p*ssy-type who needs to grow some cajones and start acting like a man.
Billy: "Dude, I can't get Ronnie to play tackle football with us 'cause he's too afraid of getting hit."
Jimmy: "It doesn't surprise me, he's always been a freakin' jackwagon anyway."

R. Lee Ermey gives us an example of proper usage:

#365 ·
actually

"waste treatment plant effluent "
Modern day Wastewater Treatment is highly regulated and the effluent returned is higher quality (meaning, closer to drinking water) than the "freshwater" bodies they are returning it to. The industry is actually very interesting and the use of different microbes in different stages is basically the same as composting but on a much bigger scale. Also, a properly set up wastewater treatment facility uses very little electricity. The use of screw pumps to elevate the waste water and agitators in the pools along with the electronic monitoring and sampling system are the only electric users, unless they are using a UV system to kill bacterea, and then everything flows downhill through the plant (once separated from the solids). The solids are often sold as fertilizer.

Yes, I pee in the woods. I pee in the shower too, but only when I am drunk (for some reason). I clean the shower (and all bathrooms) in my house, so I get to do what I want. If my wife wants me to stop peeing in the shower (first she would have to catch me doing it) I would tell her that when she cleans the bathroom, I'll stop ;)

#370 ·
"waste treatment plant effluent "

Yes, I pee in the woods. I pee in the shower too, but only when I am drunk (for some reason). I clean the shower (and all bathrooms) in my house, so I get to do what I want. If my wife wants me to stop peeing in the shower (first she would have to catch me doing it) I would tell her that when she cleans the bathroom, I'll stop ;)
longfinkillie: If you think this is a benchmark for men, then you are a girl.

#357 ·
it disgusts me to think about humans urinating in clean drinking water. putting the nitrogen back into the land makes a lot more sense.

Now too many people urinating/defecating into a landscape can have negative ecosystem effects, so one must be wise about where one returns nutrients to the soil.

check out the humanure handbook if you're interested in this line of reasoning! www.humanurehandbook.com

#200 ·
Hmmm... Funny things is...

JDaniels said:
Sometimes, I wonder why I ever started posting here.

******s on the trail and apparently here too.

Dont worry, I wont let the door hit me on the way out.
I just saw that JDaniels has logged on as recently as two days ago; which means that he's still around and lurking!:eek:

JD, in all seriousness, don't take the things that are said on this post so seriously and so much to heart. Once you actually meet some of these people in person, you would see that most of them are all really nice folks. I've had the pleasure of meeting allot of MTBR folks over the years and not one has been a dissapointment in person.

As for flames go, this thread (as funny as it is) isn't anywhere near as harsh as some that I've seen in the past. Passion has had threads that were so filled with hate, anger and general nastiness that some folks have had their I.P. addresses blocked from ever logging on to MTBR. In fact, I'm 99% sure that one person even got fired from their job for flaming folks while using their work PC.

So, as much as you didn't appreciate someone taking a piss not too far away from where you were standing, take a breath and recognize that everyone has an opinion and ways of doing things, even if you don't agree with them. Take a deep breath, and just let it go; then get out on your bike and just ride! :)

Reactions: Impy
#369 ·
I haven't read all the responses. but I have a few questions for the OP

Was the "jackwagon" facing you and grinning?
Was he as stiff as your hardtail bike?
Was he shaking it off extremely quickly, so much so it made a "fapfapfap" type sound?

If none of the above apply, and your passion was lost, see your doctor for some testosterone therapy.
Good luck!

#12 ·
Sometimes, I wonder why I ever started posting here.

******s on the trail and apparently here too.

Dont worry, I wont let the door hit me on the way out.

#14 ·
JDaniels said:
Dropping in on some smooth out and back single track this morning, I was tooling along when my wife texts me about results of my daughter's dr appt. (Flu has made its presence known this week in my household)

I pull off to the side to respond when a rider comes up behind me. He pulls off as well and we exchange pleasantries.

He then rides about 15 feet from me, gets off his ride, then proceeds to water the grass if you will. :eek: :madman: :madmax:

I couldnt believe the chutzpah on this jackwagon!

I let him pedal off then I went the other way. Beautiful day marred by a thoughtless dude who couldnt ride another 1/4 mile back to the trail head and a restroom.
If a tree is peed upon in the forest, does anyone whine about it?

#15 ·
sounds to me like you need to get back on your road bike and well....keep riding!! I am sure you have never thought where people pee when backpacking....how about big wall climbing...or I bet all those guys in the peloton pull over and use the restroom. He PEE'D BFD it's a natural thing...in nature!! At least he didn't do it while you were talking :lol: I bet you never pass gas in public either!?

#18 ·
clarkrw3 said:
sounds to me like you need to get back on your road bike and well....keep riding!! I am sure you have never thought where people pee when backpacking....how about big wall climbing...or I bet all those guys in the peloton pull over and use the restroom. He PEE'D BFD it's a natural thing...in nature!! At least he didn't do it while you were talking :lol: I bet you never pass gas in public either!?
A few years back someone posted how they did the peloton pisser. A rather acrobatic feat if you think about the balance required.

To the OP: was he facing you with a grin or facing away just going about his business? There may have been ulterior motives... :lol: :shocked:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.