Old School
    Mar 2005

My Poor Poor Bike....

So, My seriously overweight bud [300+lbs] decided that it is time to start riding to get into shape. Being the nice guy that I am, I will do whatever I can to support the cause and help him get some exercise. We've already been on a couple of 10-15 mile rides down the local easy gravel trails. I'm duly impressed to this point.

Problem is, that he doesn't have a bike, or have the funds to run out and buy one right away. So I offer up my old reliable backup bike. My poor poor bike...This bike is an older GT2000 I-Drive with SID rear and Judy fork. The mavic wheels are pretty wimpy as well. I figured that since I check in at 180, and can huck a 3-4 footer with this bike[2g's of downforce?], that it should be able to hold up. The poor bike cowers in fear when ever he get near it, but still rides proud when requested.

I guess the point of this rambling is that I would like to build him his very own bike...without spending tons of money that I don't really have. So that brings us to the point of begging old parts and such. If you have recently upgraded to some uber-lightweight part, wheels, frame, whole bike, or whatever, I would be really really interested in your old parts. Even a complete or semi complete bike would be better.

Let me know what you have, and how much you want for it. Let's see if we can round up enough stuff to build my bud his very own Franken Bike...We can save him from the heart attack, but for the road rash he is on his own!

Thanks!
    Don-Colorado Springs

Penis Goat!
    Um, just curious....why is he not buying his own bike?

I HATE GOLF
    Quote Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy
    he doesn have enough money.
    FVCK YOU

I HATE GOLF
    Quote Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy
    he doesnt have enough money.
    FVCK YOU

mtbr member

If you want 'em.

I have a brand new pair of DeeMax wheels (disk specific) that are about 2 years? old. (Bought them on-line, my enduro won't accomodate them, disk adapters included) They're still in the box they came in. I will give them up, you pay shipping, if your friend is serious. (I've struggled to stay a clydesdale and not become a superheavyweight all my life so I understand his issue.) Let me know.

Later,
    "Walter, the chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill!"

Old School
    Mar 2005

Thanks Becky!

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Thatcher
    I have a brand new pair of DeeMax wheels (disk specific) that are about 2 years? old. Let me know.

Later,
    Awesome, I think those should work out for a great start. If nothing else those should work out on the GT. Maybe If I can get those wheels and sub out the SID for some HD spring shock the bike wont die first time we hit a bump in the trail. I'll PM you with info on how we can cover the shipping.

It's all about good karma... I donate tons of time to the cancer society, and I haven't had cancer. You toss in your wheels, you'll never get another flat :-)

Thanks Becky Thatcher!
    Don