mtbr member

My Passion for Park City

A few weeks ago a buddy and I visited Park City for the first time. We're located in MD so this was an amazing opportunity to ride real mountains. My experience was fantastic and I plan to visit again. The trails were great and the views amazing. We rented a condo right on Main St which worked out really well as it was convenient to the bus, the bike path, and bars and restaurants. The best ride we did by far was the Wasatch Crest Trail and we rode a lot of the Mid Mountain Trail too along with a lot of the trails that go down from it. We had an interesting experience on the last day when a storm rolled in while we were descending from mid mountain. We ended up getting drenched but that was not a terrible outcome as we avoided getting struck by lightning! Props to Park City Mt Rentals for the great deal on our condo as well as great service, Jans for a super experience with bike rentals (I loved my Santa Cruz 5010C rental), and Canyons Transportation for a very convenient and reasonable priced shuttle from the airport. It never seems like you can capture the true beauty of the scenery with photos but we tried.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Passion for Park City-img_0587.jpg  

My Passion for Park City-parkcity2014_071.jpg  

My Passion for Park City-parkcity2014_093-sm.jpg  

My Passion for Park City-parkcity2014_087-sm.jpg  

My Passion for Park City-parkcity2014_096-sm.jpg  

My Passion for Park City-parkcity2014_126-sm.jpg  

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I rode PC for the first time in August and fell in love. An absolutely beautiful place and the trails are endless. The only downside is it rained a lot, the locals said it was a unseasonably wet season

mtbr member
    Great pics I have skied there a couple of times but I think MTBing there would be better.
    You will be scarred for life if you click my avatar

mtbr member
    Nice post. Who did you rent the bikes from and what was the cost? I've skied Utah for years but never took the opportunity to ride there in the summer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev Bubba View Post
    Nice post.
    I agree.

mtbr member
    I love PC. When I got there, I was worried because it was such a zoo getting off of the interstate. However, after unloading and getting situated, went for a ride. What an awesome place to ride. Trails, trails trails everywhere right off from the driveway. Ride all day and be on trails. Mid Mountain, Spin Cycle, on and on and on..............Excellent Passion post!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Park City really is a special place. I am fortunate enough to have it as my back yard. I am up there almost daily and still find new trails. I highly recommend coming here to ride!

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Looks like a blast - thanks for sharing. I hope to get there sometime for skiing and mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev Bubba View Post
    Nice post. Who did you rent the bikes from and what was the cost? I've skied Utah for years but never took the opportunity to ride there in the summer.
    Thanks, we rented the bikes from Jans. The Santa Cruz was about $50/day if I recall
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Great to read all of the positive replies, I appreciate the compliments on the pics. One of the best things about this forum is sharing the passion that we all share for this great sport!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bye View Post
    Great to read all of the positive replies, I appreciate the compliments on the pics. One of the best things about this forum is sharing the passion that we all share for this great sport!
    Here's what I love about your post- positive enthusiasm. Everything I read clearly conveyed the great times and memories you had in Park City, and the one thing you mentioned that many might look at as negative, being caught in a thunderstorm, was punctuated with a photo of a smiling face and the mention of "-we avoided getting struck by lightening!"

I'm sure there may have been another problem or two, a mechanical or something, but all I heard was mountain biking passion!

mtbr member
    Thanks again. Less expensive then renting performance skis.

The White Jeff W
    Added to my bucket list
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by atekt View Post
    Park City really is a special place. I am fortunate enough to have it as my back yard. I am up there almost daily and still find new trails.
    Very envious of you!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dickeydoo View Post
    Great pics I have skied there a couple of times but I think MTBing there would be better.
    Thanks - it sounds like a lot of us also enjoy playing on the mts in the snow. I plan to return this winter for snowboarding too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    Here's what I love about your post- positive enthusiasm. Everything I read clearly conveyed the great times and memories you had in Park City, and the one thing you mentioned that many might look at as negative, being caught in a thunderstorm, was punctuated with a photo of a smiling face and the mention of "-we avoided getting struck by lightening!"

I'm sure there may have been another problem or two, a mechanical or something, but all I heard was mountain biking passion!
    Yeah man! After 24 years of being involved with the sport my love remains as strong as ever. I guess that's why it's such a great thing to be involved with. And trips like this one just stoke that passion even more! Luckily we somehow had no mechanical issues in the 80 or so miles we rode. I was actually surprised and fully expected at least one puncture or something. Some credit should probably go to Jans for having solid well prepped rental bikes.

mtbr member
    Cool story, I grew up in MD, and besides for returning for college in my 20's I haven't been back since. I love it out west, and I'm really glad you got a chance to ride out here, hope you're planning your return trip!
    And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. A. Senna

mtbr member
    It's a great place. I've been here for 24 years and I still occasionally stumble on a trail I've never ridden (on the other hand, they've been building new ones, so that's part of it).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RWhiz View Post
    Cool story, I grew up in MD, and besides for returning for college in my 20's I haven't been back since. I love it out west, and I'm really glad you got a chance to ride out here, hope you're planning your return trip!
    Absolutely, can't get back soon enough!

mtbr member
    Park City is kind of a special place. We moved there in 1992 and with the exception of moving out of town to a few miles down the road a few years ago we meaning wife and I are here for the long haul. I have been trying for 23 years to get her to mountain bike and no such luck but come winter we will be on the slopes every weekend and then some.
    Such a long long time to be gone, such a short time to be.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Crest is a sweet ride. I actually love the section from Midmountain to Canyons a tad bit more. I live on the other side of the mountains, but looking to move there some day.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2:01 View Post
    Crest is a sweet ride. I actually love the section from Midmountain to Canyons a tad bit more. I live on the other side of the mountains, but looking to move there some day.
    Nice - I'll have to ck that section out next summer when I ride there again. I've enjoyed reading all of the replies and for those of you who live there (and other awesome places out west with big mt riding) I'm oh so envious and hope you realize how good you have it! Ride on and ride strong

mtbr member
    I'm hijacking my own thread - I'll be snowboarding in P.C. Feb 11 & 12. If any of you guys are around and interested in meeting up let me know