Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    XXIX

My new love, climbing.

I dont know what has changed but over the last 6 months or so I really started to enjoy the climbs. The steeper and more technical the better. Is it just weird or what?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    You are doubling your fun then.

I still have a lot of trouble with short steeps. But when I conquer one it is a great feeling!

Blueliner

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    glad to hear about your new "love". Nah, that's not weird at all, climbing is the best. It gives you the opportunity to test yourself and see how you compare to others (from a physical fitness/cardio perspective). The longer and steeper the better!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I love the climbs as well. The longer the climb the longer the downhill.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I love climbs as well....you really get a feel for how in shape you are relative to others. Plus is so damn much fun!

XXIX
    Well glad im not the only one with a smile on my face going up hill.

mtbr member
    You know you've got the right bike for it too.
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

PRETENDURO
    Be careful, it’s ADDICTIVE! In March, I logged 918 miles totaling 113,000+ feet of ascent! An “uphill bike” is whatever bike you decide you like to ride up hills on; my uphill bike of choice weighs over 45 pounds and runs a 32x22 single speed setup.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

usually cranky
    going up is ehhh, the feeling at the top is awesome though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I thought I was a sicko for loving the climb, glad to see I have a lot of company. Now that I have gps i love keeping track of it. Not anywhere near Leopold P but logged over 50K feet since April 1st. Darn job gets in the way.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by 13pumps View Post
    I thought I was a sicko for loving the climb, glad to see I have a lot of company. Now that I have gps i love keeping track of it. Not anywhere near Leopold S but logged over 50K feet since April 1st. Darn job gets in the way.
    LOL, I forgot to mention I am unemployed… so plenty of time for vertical footies:

http://www.strava.com/komchallenge/l.../results/march

I need a job. Seriously.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Now that is funny. Hope you get one soon but enjoy it while/ if you can and keep climbing bro!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    There is one "rule" that my riding buds and I have always had...when in doubt at an intersection, you always go up.

VENI VEDI BIKI
    I love climbing as well, right up till that point near the crest where my lungs explode.

Paul
    Jun 2010
    It seems the better shape you get in, the more fun the climbs become.

mtbr member
    One of my favorite routes has a hill aptly nicknamed “Killer Hill”. When I first got back into riding it took me months before I could make it to the top without running out of steam. Now when I climb it, I tell myself, you haven’t quit in six months, you can’t quit now, and somehow I make it to the top every time.
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Thats actually my favorite part ... and I live at the base of a mountain, so really, the only place to go it UP

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Low_ View Post
    I love the climbs as well. The longer the climb the longer the downhill.
    Back in my day we had to ride our bikes uphill both ways

That's damn yankee to you
    Aug 2008
    I'm a fellow technical climb lovin' freak! I love riding the same trails over and over and finally being able to make a climb I never have before!
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    You know....... whatever bike they are riding, assure them its the biggest bike of any guy you have ever ridden with.

Shaman
    Apr 2004
    Steep technical climbs are the best, a real challenge to your skills. It is like a puzzle that you are solving while in deep oxygen debt. Technical climbs are my favorite part of riding! (and this is coming from a pro downhill racer)
    Skills coaching loved by passionate riders of all levels and trusted by the pros.
    www.betterride.net

VENI VEDI BIKI
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterRide View Post
    It is like a puzzle that you are solving while in deep oxygen debt.
    Mentally, it reminds me of playing video games as a kid...you really have to be "in the zone" when you pick and ride your line to make it all the way through. ...one little error, and you are done.

As much as I love nailing them the first time up, it feels like such an accomplishment after you have hit "reset" 8 times and finally make it.

XXIX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarguy View Post
    You know you've got the right bike for it too.
    Yea, the thing is like a mountain goat, defiantly a big factor.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Not usually a big fan of climbing but today I got to the top of a short steep slippery rocky climb that has always beaten me and meant walking part of it.

Have to say I did the Full on Rocky stance at the top with Dah dah daah da daah dada dada dadaaaaahhhhhh soundtrack provided by me

mtbr member
    May 2006
    So of all you guys that love climbing....how many of you have shuttled a climb or two...

Bike up and have some one drive you back down....

I shuttled one climb once...just cause I was done by the time I got to the top....well almost the top Mauna Kea.

Combat Wombat
    No doubt that bombing down a long hill is a blast, but while some do it better than others, anyone can go downhill. Climbing is where its at. When I built up my first SS seven years ago, I figured it would be used only for a couple of the relatively flat local trails. Instead, my favorite SS trail has the most climbing of all the trails in my area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast