Kn3wB1e

Cool-blue Rhythm My First Time Mountian Biking!!!

Okay, a while ago i decide i wanted a bike, (To go to the mall from college, the movies what ever) and i didn't have any money. So i got an old red univega from my uncle:

any how my habbit of ridding it down stais rended the rear wheel. So I got a shiny new Trek 7300FX:

Its nice and easy to ride and shiny! any way the 7300fx is really nice but I hungered to rip more stairs and jump curbs so about a month later i bought this:

and my friend and I went mountian biking at the Blue Mountian Reservation in Peekskill, Ny. Just this last weekend, but it was raining, I think that made it more fun! we had the park to ourselves and rain is my favorate weather any way. my freind fell 4 times because he lacked bike handling skills but I managed not to fall once, mabey it's becuse I'm a ***** and am heavy on the brakes, or mabey cause I got more skills. [SIZE=4]Mountian biking kicks ASS!![/SIZE]

What do you all think of my story!?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Its great you are getting into mountain biking. This is a very fun, and addicting sport. Just remember not to ride bike trails when they are wet, and muddy, since this causes damage to the trail. This doesn't mean you can't ride in the rain, just stay on dirt roads that are used by Jeeps, and get torn up anyways. Have fun, and welcome to this great sport.

Foreign Entity
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusNukeage

What do you all think of my story!?
    Great, now go ride some more and post more photos

mtbr member
    Welcome to the club! It's gonna hurt!

Alright, let's ride!
    Congrats and welcome. I still remembered when I first starting seeing all of the obstacles that looked impossible. No one can climb up trails with roots and rocks, no one can ride down stuff that steep. It's amazing seeing people that can really ride when you first start, then a few months later you are riding the things that you once thought were impossible.

pedalphile
    The amazing thing is:
    The more you ride... the better you become... you still have the same amount of fun, you're just going faster!

BTW I ride at Blue Mountain all the time. There are some great trails there! Next time you go try to find the trail called My Favorite Trail. There's a map on wmba.com in case you didn't already know: http://www.wmba.org/Blue_Mtn_big.jpg

Happy riding!
    now the world is gone i'm just o n e