Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 78

Thread: my boss sucks

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    25

    No good my boss sucks

    my boss has been getting on my case at work lately.she even wrote me a letter saying if i dont shape up. i will be fired. ive worked for her 8.5 years. my union rep says not to worry.thank god for my bikes! riding is keeping me sane. i figure if i do lose my job, i will enjoy unemplyment for a bit and riding all i want b4 i get a new job.jusr saying thanks for my bikes for helping me cope with this bs.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    538
    What did you do or not do to get such a letter?

  3. #3
    Tossin the salad.
    Reputation: TX_Shifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    733
    Receiving a letter IMHO as a heads up is better than not expecting and getting the middle finger from your boss.

    Best advice, work harder @ your job or go ride your bike
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Giant Trance

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nakedbabytoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    946
    Are you working to get fired or working to keep your job? Would you hire you or fire you?
    Only reason I ask is that my hubby is going through a craptastic time right now with depression and life in general. His therapist asked him that question and he honestly did not have answer for it. Some bosses suck and some bosses just read between the effort lines.
    Don't let somebody decide for you. Either try harder or leave, don't be a victim.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeesrider View Post
    . my union rep says not to worry.thank god for my bikes! riding is keeping me sane. i figure if i do lose my job, i will enjoy unemplyment for a bit and riding all i want b4 i get a new job..
    uhh... I may have found part of the problem.


    Why not get a new job if you hate yours so much?

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeesrider View Post
    my boss has been getting on my case at work lately.she even wrote me a letter saying if i dont shape up. i will be fired. ive worked for her 8.5 years. my union rep says not to worry.thank god for my bikes! riding is keeping me sane. i figure if i do lose my job, i will enjoy unemplyment for a bit and riding all i want b4 i get a new job.jusr saying thanks for my bikes for helping me cope with this bs.
    Other side of the coin here. I had to fire one of my employees last week. Every disciplinary meeting with him this year involved the man trying to convince me he had done nothing wrong. Dude had been given two final write ups in the last 6 months yet acted like we were the ones screwing him over. Zero accountability for his own failures, to the point of the termination taking him completely by surprise.

    You say you have a union rep. I have worked in a union shop or two. As long as you clock in on time, dont call in sick, and dont sleep on the job you almost have to try to get fired. I suspect there is more to this story than "your boss sucks".

    P.S. If you are fired for just cause, they can deny unemployment.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skiahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,562
    Don't rely on the union. They'll only help if it serves them... but not necessarily you.

    Fired gay Ohio teacher: Union won't back complaint

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bailey44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    747
    My boss is a mountain biker so he completely understands. Every Tuesdays, I set up a lunch meeting with one of my accounts and we hit the trail as soon as we are done.

    When he calls me to see how things are going, we talk business for 5 minutes and mountain bikes for another 15 minutes.

    It's not unusual for me to shoot him a picture of me on the trail during work hours. He always just says "I hate you". We are in Medical Sales so as long as my numbers are there, he could care less what I am doing. Since he is the boss, he is stuck in a building most of the time.

  9. #9
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,228
    Quote Originally Posted by TX_Shifter View Post
    Receiving a letter IMHO as a heads up is better than not expecting and getting the middle finger from your boss.

    Best advice, work harder @ your job
    Agreed! These young kids these days think their sh*t don’t stink and somehow that means they can just slack off. Us old guys would love to have your job, and be more productive at it. And I’d probably have a better chance of bangin’ your female boss!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  10. #10
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,228
    Duplicate post. Some sort of strange space-time continuum upset, I think.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: telemike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    417
    There is one absolute truth about work unless you're one of that small minority of folks that steer their own course down the river of life. If you're one of the rest of us that floats with the current frantically avoiding the rocks, WORK SUCKS.

    A retired guy. The best job EVER.

  12. #12
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,881
    Companies don't fire people. People fire people.

    Something I was taught a long time ago. I've had to let one employee go in my 25 years of management. The Company loved him, but he was very disrespectful to a few people including myself. That undermined the team.

    I don't know your situation, but your boss is the one who has issues with you. Why not try clearing the air instead of being disgruntled?

    No Job + No Money = No Bikes

    It's also much harder to find a new job if you've been fired, then if you quit. When I hire someone I do a reference check, which includes calling your former employer. They may not go into detail but they will confirm if you have been fired, layed-off. or quit. Fired sends off a major red flag.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: likeaboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    782
    I am also on the other side and I can tell you this is a warning.

    If you are getting a warning letter and no performance improvement plan then they are simply following theirs rules before dumping you. This way they can say they warned you.

    And your union rep is only interested in preserving your dues paid into the union.

    How about the rest of the story?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,412
    I'll say it. Quit being lazy and get a job you like working with people you like and who appreciate what you bring to the game. Lateral moves, dawg–nawtamean? The problem is you, not your boss, and your union can't fix that. Cheers...

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: disgustipated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    262
    Nothing like fu C king off at work, getting fired and surfing a wave of taxpayer dollars.

    F you, work harder. Tool.
    Calmer'n you are.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    25
    im not a tool. i work damn hard.i dont want to be on welfare, i like work. my boss is just a pain in the ass. why are so judgemental about someone you dont even know goldencalf.for all i know you are a poseur and dont even ride a bike.self righteous pricks piss me off!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: disgustipated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    262
    ...k
    Calmer'n you are.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    93
    A few things, from my experience both as an employee for many years and now as a business owner:

    --Move far away from union jobs, and don't associate with unions when it comes to employment if at all possible. If you want a cursory glance at the deleterious effects of unions, look at what they did to Detroit (among other areas/industries). Union stronghold states like Penn, Ohio, Michigan, etc. have been slowly dying for years, while non-union states like Texas, Virginia, Colorado, etc. continue to boom while leading the nation in new industries and job creation

    --Unless you're self employed, you're going to have to work with and under people you don't like. That's just the facts of life and there is no avoiding it. Being bitter and angry at your boss isn't their fault; its yours

    --Speaking of self employment, find your passion and go into business for yourself, instead of relying on others. If you think you're talented, a hard worker, smart, etc., then you have no business working for others. Start your own gig, then you'll have peace of mind that nobody will fire you if, say, you take off a bit early to go ride or what not. With that said, being self employed takes a lot of hard work and dedication. 50 hour workweeks will become the exception, not the norm (try 60-70+), and you'll quickly scoff at those who only work 40 hours a week.

    --Finally, be thankful you have a job. I know a lot of hardworking, talented people out there who would love to be employed right now, and couldn't care less if the boss is a jerk or not. Just keep that in mind the next time you think you have it so rough.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jetboy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by _Alberto_ View Post
    What did you do or not do to get such a letter?
    You still haven't answered this question. Generally, employees don't get these letters for the heck of it. Not even if the Boss just simply hates you. The last thing a Boss wants is to lose their job for unjustifiable harassment or firing of an employee. There is a reason you were warned.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeesrider View Post
    im not a tool. i work damn hard.i dont want to be on welfare, i like work. my boss is just a pain in the ass.
    Wait. You're version of "work damn hard" might be different than mine, or goldencalf's, or your boss'. If i was counceled on my performance as unsatisfactory, last thing i would think about is collecting unemployment and going bike riding on the taxpayers dime. goldencalf wasn't being judgmental, these were your words-

    Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeesrider View Post
    i figure if i do lose my job, i will enjoy unemplyment for a bit and riding all i want b4 i get a new job.
    If i was fired, the last thing i would think of is going bike riding. I would be spending ALL of my effort in getting a new job.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tystevens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,826
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboy23 View Post
    You still haven't answered this question. Generally, employees don't get these letters for the heck of it. Not even if the Boss just simply hates you. The last thing a Boss wants is to lose their job for unjustifiable harassment or firing of an employee. There is a reason you were warned.
    And bosses don't typically just fire good employees who "work damn hard," either. To the contrary, bosses tend to want to keep those types around ...

    I bet you didn't get to play because the coach didn't like you, and you got bad grades because the teachers hated you, and you got that speeding ticket for no reason other than the cop didn't like the way you looked ...
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

  21. #21
    Diggity Dog
    Reputation: ShinDiggity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    467
    Some bosses do suck ... unless you're the boss of course.

    Seems to be a lot of bosses around here.

    Sorry about the ad or blank screen previous to the video. It was the only "censored" version I could find. Have to follow the rules dontchaknow. An uncensored version is available on youtube if interested.

    <iframe src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=n12470" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joshua_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Tystevens View Post
    And bosses don't typically just fire good employees who "work damn hard," either. To the contrary, bosses tend to want to keep those types around ...

    I bet you didn't get to play because the coach didn't like you, and you got bad grades because the teachers hated you, and you got that speeding ticket for no reason other than the cop didn't like the way you looked ...
    This is exactly what I was thinking....

  23. #23
    undercover brother
    Reputation: tangaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    Getting fired from a Union shop is pretty hard. I work on the management/technical side and we fire very few people from the plant floor. Its either they failed a drug test, which they were tested because they were involved in an accident of some sort, or they have multiple poor performance warnings with no improvement. Its pretty damn hard to get fired in a Union...

    I just entered the workforce out of school about 2 years ago, so take what I have to say with that in mind, but the biggest problem with people is that they do not appreciate the fact that they have a job, and can choose to stay at that job. Either show up and do your job right, or find another job. Nothing pisses me off more than when someone is ****ty at their job because they don't care. Whether thats flipping burgers or making financial decisions as a CEO, have some pride in what you do, it brings you and/or people who depend on you security and happiness. Some people would kill just to have a job. Every year more and more of my college friends graduate with >50k in student loans and cannot find work. They would probably kill for your job if they could get it.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    25
    im not blaming anyone but myself. im no slacker.l ive had jobs since i was a boy of 12. i phrased my answer wrong. or maybeyou misunderstood me. a'bit" is a 3 or 4 days,to mentally focus on finding a new job.then i would do whatever it takes to get a new one.by"damn Hard" i mean i work just as haredc or harder than other people at work. i will do extra work when i needed,and even when not.its just what everyone is not understanding is that my boss is riding me hard lately.(no pun intended) she is picking on me and 5 other people at my job who i know are hard workers too. she's 81 yrs old,and has problems with her family, and she might be taking it out on people.i dont know. she can be nice on e minute,then act like a pitbull the next.maybe bipolar? again, im not blaming anyone but myself. i will be working for at least another 3o to 40 yrs. being a slacker is not me.my e3x is on welfare and i dont want to end up like her.not working would drive me nuts.i wish everyone here would stop jumping on people when they think faster then they type and what they want to0 say comes outwrong.but since you all think you are better than me,c'es la vie

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jetboy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeesrider View Post
    i phrased my answer wrong.
    This is about the only portion of that response that i could understand. Why, exactly, did you recieve a letter? Did it simply state, "Work harder or you'll be fired."? How about looking for another job now BEFORE you are needing to collect unemployment?

    You're boss has to have a justifiable reason to document threats about you losing your job. If she doesn't, the Union would not simply say, "don't worry about it." The Union would file a grievance and she would have to prove her case. Union actions never look good on a boss's performance records. If you know 5 other ppl in the same boat as you, thats 6 grievances that the Union could use as pressure on her supervisors to take notice of these actions.

    Then again, if the warnings are justified, then you are here complaining about a situation you completely deserve. You don't want to admit what your actions were that initiated the warning and that seems like a touch of guilt to me. But, whatever. Work hard, be lazy, fight for your rights, or be bullied is all up to you. Just don't expect to collect tax payer dollars when your work has just cause to fire you.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,758

    my boss sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Roanoke4 View Post
    A few things, from my experience both as an employee for many years and now as a business owner:

    --Move far away from union jobs, and don't associate with unions when it comes to employment if at all possible. If you want a cursory glance at the deleterious effects of unions, look at what they did to Detroit (among other areas/industries). Union stronghold states like Penn, Ohio, Michigan, etc. have been slowly dying for years, while non-union states like Texas, Virginia, Colorado, etc. continue to boom while leading the nation in new industries and job creation

    --Unless you're self employed, you're going to have to work with and under people you don't like. That's just the facts of life and there is no avoiding it. Being bitter and angry at your boss isn't their fault; its yours

    --Speaking of self employment, find your passion and go into business for yourself, instead of relying on others. If you think you're talented, a hard worker, smart, etc., then you have no business working for others. Start your own gig, then you'll have peace of mind that nobody will fire you if, say, you take off a bit early to go ride or what not. With that said, being self employed takes a lot of hard work and dedication. 50 hour workweeks will become the exception, not the norm (try 60-70+), and you'll quickly scoff at those who only work 40 hours a week.

    --Finally, be thankful you have a job. I know a lot of hardworking, talented people out there who would love to be employed right now, and couldn't care less if the boss is a jerk or not. Just keep that in mind the next time you think you have it so rough.
    While harsh, everything you say is so true. I am a self employed professional and it is the hardest job I have ever had. That said I will never work as an employee again if I can help it.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    25
    i dont want any taxpayer dollars.im trying to keep my job.i screwed up by making spelling mistakes like im doing now. i have beeen looking on monster and in the paper for another job just in case. i know im not perfect,but im trying my hardest to stay employed.the warnings are justified. i admitted my guilt.cant we all get along?

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    25
    p.s. to all the previous posters IM HAPPY TO BE WORKING! so grateful to have a job at all.not complaning

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    538
    OP wtf? You portrayed your situation wrong to pretty much everyone here that replied, we asked questions and provide opinions it doesn't mean we think less of you. Relax. Stop caring so much what complete strangers think of you. If you're this uptight at work I'd ride your a$$ too...

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    25
    im not uptight at all,but cant stand holier than thou types

  31. #31
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,651

    my boss sucks

    Dear op,
    You might deserve a good firing. Your eminent firing sounds like a slow train coming.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KevinGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeesrider View Post
    my union rep says...
    Problem identified.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rojo Grande's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    123
    What kind of work are you doing as a union employee that you have to write and are not offered, or unable to or use, spell check? The same tool that is offered on this free website? When you typed "beeen" in post #28, didn't you see the red underline telling you the word was spelled wrong? It's the universal sign that something is wrong!
    "El Cajon?, that's the anus of San Diego"

  34. #34
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,881
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeesrider View Post
    im not blaming anyone but myself. im no slacker.l ive had jobs since i was a boy of 12. i phrased my answer wrong. or maybeyou misunderstood me. a'bit" is a 3 or 4 days,to mentally focus on finding a new job.then i would do whatever it takes to get a new one.by"damn Hard" i mean i work just as haredc or harder than other people at work. i will do extra work when i needed,and even when not.its just what everyone is not understanding is that my boss is riding me hard lately.(no pun intended) she is picking on me and 5 other people at my job who i know are hard workers too. she's 81 yrs old,and has problems with her family, and she might be taking it out on people.i dont know. she can be nice on e minute,then act like a pitbull the next.maybe bipolar? again, im not blaming anyone but myself. i will be working for at least another 3o to 40 yrs. being a slacker is not me.my e3x is on welfare and i dont want to end up like her.not working would drive me nuts.i wish everyone here would stop jumping on people when they think faster then they type and what they want to0 say comes outwrong.but since you all think you are better than me,c'es la vie
    This is a good example of why you never use Siri to dictate a message.

  35. #35
    Rock n' Roller
    Reputation: snowgypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    268
    Sometimes, a job or rather a boss and an employee just don't "fit."

    I was fired from my position as assistant director two years back. Complicated, but in essence, it came down to the fact that my employer and I didn't see eye to eye on how the program should be run. She had run it for 10 years and wanted things to stay the same; a committee hired me because of my passion for the program and creative ideas for its development and growth.

    Case and point - we didn't work. She and I butted heads every step of the way. We both got things done...if we weren't in the same room together.

    When she fired me, I had no letters or accusations of me not getting work done. I was fired due to "differences in opinions" and things just " not working out." I reported her to HR but in an at-will state there's not much one can do.

    I was mad for about five minutes before a wave of relief washed over me. Working for someone you can't work effectively with is its own brand of 9-5 hell.

    What did I do? Started working in a career that I love from home, skied a lot, biked a lot more. In fact, a few years later, I think that getting fired was the best thing that ever happened to me.

    To conclude, work hard, do what you know to be right, and turn conflict and challenge into opportunity. Don't take it personally, even if it is, and don't worry about things you can't control.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: moofish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    127
    The responses here disgust me. Nobody knows the situation this blokes in and the majority are assuming that the boss is right and all workers are lazy. My experience with companies always shows that the laziest people in the companies are the bosses. The majority of middle management are lazy psychopaths who make a living out of lying and delegating. They always blame the workers for the downfall of the company.They tell the bosses what they want to hear irrelevant of the facts. They seem to think that they can waste thousands of dollars but the factory staff cause all the problems if they waste a few cents. If you assumed the worker is at fault without any facts and the boss is right without any facts you are probably in middle management and you are probably a psychopath too. Take the Hares psychopathy test. The op may well be lazy I dont know but I dont assume he is. Unions exist because of people like you. If you dont like them then maybe you should encourage a business culture that isnt psychopathic and there would be no need for them. Its unfortunate that this is an expensive hobby as this means there is a high percentage of priveliged wankers taking part. OP dont worry you will outlive that ***** and when she dies she will realize what a hollow life she has had.
    Your never too old to have a happy childhood!

  37. #37
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,651

    my boss sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by moofish View Post
    The responses here disgust me. Nobody knows the situation this blokes in and the majority are assuming that the boss is right and all workers are lazy. My experience with companies always shows that the laziest people in the companies are the bosses. The majority of middle management are lazy psychopaths who make a living out of lying and delegating. They always blame the workers for the downfall of the company.They tell the bosses what they want to hear irrelevant of the facts. They seem to think that they can waste thousands of dollars but the factory staff cause all the problems if they waste a few cents. If you assumed the worker is at fault without any facts and the boss is right without any facts you are probably in middle management and you are probably a psychopath too. Take the Hares psychopathy test. The op may well be lazy I dont know but I dont assume he is. Unions exist because of people like you. If you dont like them then maybe you should encourage a business culture that isnt psychopathic and there would be no need for them. Its unfortunate that this is an expensive hobby as this means there is a high percentage of priveliged wankers taking part. OP dont worry you will outlive that ***** and when she dies she will realize what a hollow life she has had.
    Yep. And the op has the responsibility of giving us the scoop. He hasn't done that. In fact he has avoided it.

  38. #38
    Sleek Jamis Exile Rider
    Reputation: MadMacMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    419

    my boss sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    Yep. And the op has the responsibility of giving us the scoop. He hasn't done that. In fact he has avoided it.
    This. The op hasn't said anything except to point out that its the boss who has the problem, not him.

    I've been let go from a stressful job like a recent poster. It was the best thing ever. Now working at a job I like. It's still a stressful job, but the dynamics are completely different. I still have a difficult boss, but the work is great and meaningful. More than makes up for any personality conflicts

    Op: I haven't read any posts that are holier than thou. You could learn from a few of us who have been there and done that about the workplace environment. If you hate the job, go find another. I would steer away from monster though.

  39. #39
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    24,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanoke4 View Post
    A few things, from my experience both as an employee for many years and now as a business owner:

    --Move far away from union jobs, and don't associate with unions when it comes to employment if at all possible. If you want a cursory glance at the deleterious effects of unions, look at what they did to Detroit (among other areas/industries). Union stronghold states like Penn, Ohio, Michigan, etc. have been slowly dying for years, while non-union states like Texas, Virginia, Colorado, etc. continue to boom while leading the nation in new industries and job creation
    rough.
    Does that mean they are good jobs in those states? Does "business doing well in these states"=good jobs? Do you offer full benefits to your employees? Matching 401Ks?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SteveF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,810
    A lot of this is situational--you can't always blame the worker, or the union, or the manager. Working for a living sucks-there aren't many people that are fully satisfied with their circumstances. But a fair, even-handed supervisor, a wisely managed company, a willing, open-minded employee, and an honorable union can all go a long way towards making things tolerable for everyone involved. When one or more of those components falls short it can cause a lot of misery for individuals or whole cultures/communities. Bullying bosses, careless employees, greedy corporations, corrupt unions...it's human nature-we are all flawed beings and our working lives too often reflect those flaws.

    I hope the OP finds a way to improve his situation, or finds another position that is a better fit.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Awshucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by moofish View Post
    The responses here disgust me. Nobody knows the situation this blokes in and the majority are assuming that the boss is right and all workers are lazy. My experience with companies always shows that the laziest people in the companies are the bosses. The majority of middle management are lazy psychopaths who make a living out of lying and delegating. They always blame the workers for the downfall of the company.They tell the bosses what they want to hear irrelevant of the facts. They seem to think that they can waste thousands of dollars but the factory staff cause all the problems if they waste a few cents. If you assumed the worker is at fault without any facts and the boss is right without any facts you are probably in middle management and you are probably a psychopath too. Take the Hares psychopathy test. The op may well be lazy I dont know but I dont assume he is. Unions exist because of people like you. If you dont like them then maybe you should encourage a business culture that isnt psychopathic and there would be no need for them. Its unfortunate that this is an expensive hobby as this means there is a high percentage of priveliged wankers taking part. OP dont worry you will outlive that ***** and when she dies she will realize what a hollow life she has had.
    Bravo.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    25
    i saw it,but this is not my work.at my job,i listen to it.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    25
    thanks for your support moofish and awshucks. im not a lazy guy at all.im quite opposite.

  44. #44
    squish, squish in da fish
    Reputation: fishwrinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    lil off topic, but unions are what keep the payscale above minimum wage. right to work states suck. damn republicans. go ahead flame away, lol.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    25
    i did not say the boss was the only one with the problem.i took responibilty for myself as well.at 40 yrs old,i take full credit for what i do right,and what i do wrong.i screwed up too,ok?

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gmmeyerIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    55
    My Boss sucks only because he's a roadie!
    He has three bikes that cost more than my car!
    That sucks!

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    341
    I used to work in a retail chain as a computer tech for customers when I got caught up in a "sexual harrassment" fiasco.

    One of the customer reps didn't like where she was, and being who I am (I'm the type: Do your !@#% job, stop b!tching about it.. and I'm pretty outspoken about it).. she wanted to move to a different department but was not allowed due available job slots, with her department needing more people; so they didn't want to let her go.

    She didn't like me at all, because I would go to her to tell her to do some work, rather than tell her supervisors. I'm not the person to "go tell the boss" either.. If I see something wrong, I'd rather just try to correct it on the spot. She ended up going to the store manager, and filing a sexual harrassment report on me. It was investigated, she was transferred to the department she wanted to go to (and got a payraise, wtf?), nothing happened to me (it was a false report anyways, I never harrassed anyone sexually, unless telling a guy or girl to do some bloody work classifies). Since then, the store manager "had it out" for me.

    Came to a point where I was helping 6 customers, another department had 1.. the other department wanted me to come over and help, I said no, and that they needed to learn how to "stack customers". The GM and I got into a VERY heated argument about it, and he told me that my department's customers were secondary to the other ones..

    The next day I quit. Better to go this route than be fired since he was looking for something to fire me over.

    PS: I now have a job that pays double, and is Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; no more of this working the weekends nonsense

  48. #48
    Born With A Tail
    Reputation: M-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    205
    Your boss sucks...so do the Yankees. Don't expect to get a job as a copy editor.
    Tequila tonight, tomorrow we ride!

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jetboy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by moofish View Post
    The responses here disgust me. Nobody knows the situation this blokes in and the majority are assuming that the boss is right and all workers are lazy. My experience with companies always shows that the laziest people in the companies are the bosses. The majority of middle management are lazy psychopaths who make a living out of lying and delegating. They always blame the workers for the downfall of the company.They tell the bosses what they want to hear irrelevant of the facts. They seem to think that they can waste thousands of dollars but the factory staff cause all the problems if they waste a few cents. If you assumed the worker is at fault without any facts and the boss is right without any facts you are probably in middle management and you are probably a psychopath too. Take the Hares psychopathy test. The op may well be lazy I dont know but I dont assume he is. Unions exist because of people like you. If you dont like them then maybe you should encourage a business culture that isnt psychopathic and there would be no need for them. Its unfortunate that this is an expensive hobby as this means there is a high percentage of priveliged wankers taking part. OP dont worry you will outlive that ***** and when she dies she will realize what a hollow life she has had.
    Actually, in post #28, the OPer stated-

    Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeesrider View Post
    i dont want any taxpayer dollars.im trying to keep my job.i screwed up by making spelling mistakes like im doing now. i have beeen looking on monster and in the paper for another job just in case. i know im not perfect,but im trying my hardest to stay employed.the warnings are justified. i admitted my guilt.cant we all get along?
    And after your rant, you go and assume the boss is a ***** and has a hollow life. Who's really the judgmental one?

  50. #50
    I'm just messing with you
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,424
    I get positive remarks on my annual reviews because I'm the only guy who can (will) put up with my boss. The review comes from the section manager, who is my boss' boss. Think about that for a minute.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Boss Mounts
    By Iridethedirt in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2013, 02:08 PM
  2. Boss just bought
    By SlowerThenSnot in forum Cyclocross
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 02:23 PM
  3. Trail Boss
    By Enduramil in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 07:42 AM
  4. A ride with the Boss
    By SlowerThenSnot in forum Passion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 07:18 AM
  5. Hot One with the Boss
    By SlowerThenSnot in forum Utah
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 03:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •