Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

"Murdering out" your bike Passion

24K views 99 replies 57 participants last post by  Huskywolf 
#1 ·
What does the phrase "murder out" mean to you? I have some friends who use that term a lot when discussing mtn-bike parts. I just got some Stans ZTR Flow rims and my buddy said I should take all the stickers off to "murder it out".

What part of your bike have YOU murdered?

#17 ·
Is it just me, or

doesn't it kill the murder-effect when you have shiny silver discs, tan/gold stanchions, silver bolts throughout build, silver chain, cassette, etc etc..

I wish there were more options to eliminate this and make the bike 100% black. Trust me, that would look REALLY nice:thumbsup:

Nice bikes anyhow!

#18 ·
Takes no creativity to have a fully murdered out all black bike. Pretty much the same with folks making all white bikes as well.

A few colored bits makes the bike look unique, too many colored bits makes it look like you need to ride more and focus less on appearances.

#19 ·
Takes no creativity to have a fully murdered out all black bike. Pretty much the same with folks making all white bikes as well.

A few colored bits makes the bike look unique, too many colored bits makes it look like you need to ride more and focus less on appearances.
False.

Creativity is individual to every person. Murdering out a bike can have subjective gloss and matte parts to create uniqueness and creativity. It is not just as simple as spraying the entire bike with a black rattle can.

Not to mention, that is just what some people like. Not every one wants purple caliper bolts.

#38 ·
i think an all matte black bike (or car or anything else) can look really good if it's done tastefully.

for that matter, an all olive drab MTB/flat black accents bike would be a pretty cool look as well.

this coming from a man who rides a bright blue bike sporting neon yellow brake levers that could be spotted on a moonless night a mile and a half away...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.