Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

"Murdering out" your bike Passion

24K views 99 replies 57 participants last post by  Huskywolf 
#1 ·
What does the phrase "murder out" mean to you? I have some friends who use that term a lot when discussing mtn-bike parts. I just got some Stans ZTR Flow rims and my buddy said I should take all the stickers off to "murder it out".

What part of your bike have YOU murdered?

#76 ·
Am in the process of "murdering out" my STP, although am thinking about a matte black rear end with gloss black custom decals and gloss black with subtle gold flake on the front end. That way I figure if I get bored of the full black look I can start adding in more gold parts (i.e. chain, bolts, pedals etc) and it will all still tie in.

Either that or I will just get the thing put together with whatever parts I can find so I can finally go out and ride it instead of turning my passion into a fashion show ;)

#86 ·
+1, would rep if I could.

Ritchey and Thomson are the only folks making silver stems and posts these days. Not too many folks are making high quality polished bars. There's a timeless quality about silver components, all the white and fancy colored bits will look dated in a few years but silver components will still look fresh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.