Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dwnhlldav View Post
    but if i only buy black bikes, my wife doesn't notice them come and go, or if i add to the stable. If i got asked "is that a new bike?" my answer was "this bike? I've had a black bike forever." it was carefully constructed to not be a lie, and not admit that it's new bike.
    genius!!

no trees are safe
    Everything black means either that you're an EMO, black metallist, or that you lack imagination...

mtbr member
    Did my trials rig this week!!!

Orig Frame paint- had to go before I even rode the damn thing.

Went from stock to blue, which I did in the middle of winter and with many beers, so naturally it came out like total shiite.

And got tired of the blue, so I needed a night time urban ninja security guard avoiding machine. Wanted to pin stripe with neon green, but its a trials bike. Ive already managed to scratch the new paint, and imagine I will break this frame in a couple more months. I am currently on my 3rd frame in 2 years.

Sweat stains on the bars that I should clean off at some point.
    Last edited by literocola; 12-08-2012 at 03:47 AM.

My Brain Hurts!
    I get the murdered out look...I'll probably never own one...slashes of color and Gaudy highlights all the way for me! The more bizarre the better!
    Remember when we were kids and our Mom's said we could not play in the mud? I'm making up for it now!!

MTB Mamba
    May 2007
    This will be my murdered out bike, once I get my wife over the expense of buying it in the first place

It's a nice offset to my more colorful do everything bike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by socal_jack View Post
    Well that term has been around for a long time, you guys just need to get over it.
    Just because something's been around a long time doesn't make it "cool", good or smart. In fact, I think it's one of the dumbest phrases I've ever heard! But we each have our own opinions, right?

As for the blacked out look, it looks good in some applications... not so much in others.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HEGGA View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love all black bikes, though I would go with touch of red if I ever go this way...
    Mine's mostly black with a touch of red. Not matte black though... that Lamborghini up a few posts is hot.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    double post
    Last edited by rydbyk; 12-17-2012 at 09:53 AM.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    there are "mostly black bikes" and there are "murdered out" ones. rarely do you see a murdered out bike fully done the right way = 100%. when you do, it is actually fairly unique and a complete pita to complete! it will stand out as unique even though you think you have seen a bunch of them already.

fyi...they make black ano chains, bolts etc...

My Brain Hurts!
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post

As for the blacked out look, it looks good in some applications... not so much in others.
    Yup, and when you cover one up with mud...there is no color other than mud! Then they all look the same!

Remember when we were kids and our Mom's said we could not play in the mud? I'm making up for it now!!

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    I added a little red, whats a murder without a little blood?

PIcs a little outdated actually

No Stranger to danger....
    Nothin slicker than a matte black bike, ive got three, and if i have any choice in the matter every new bike i buy will be matte black as well..
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Uh, heh heh, um, murder is like cool.

Yeah, yeah! Murder like rules! Heh, mmm,heh, cool.

I heard that Stewart's bike is painted Shades of Grey

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Just recently won this auction on this "new" leftover stock 2010 black on black for cheap. I already have one so I let my buddy keep it (he paid for it).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Murdering out" your bike Passion-works1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Here's my murdered out stock pugs"Murdering out" your bike Passion-uploadfromtaptalk1355449319943.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    nice pugs!

mtbr member
    Here's my murdered out stock pugs

mtbr member
    Disregard my posts I don't know how to post a pic

Ski N Bike Tech
    What I like to do is leave the frame as it came, but then I go for all black components. I like to let the frame stand out.

mtbr member
    I love the contrast with the folks saying that you can murder out a bike by selectively complementing shiny and matte black surfaces compared to lazy folks who bought a black bike that already had black components.

And to the folks who 'selectively' pick out matte vs shiny black components - do you pick brands based on the finish or do you shop based on quality and just end up with the mixed finish look and tell people that it was all on purpose?

bicioso
    I had an almost "murdered out" flat finish bike. Had to add every other spacer red for a hint of color.

For those that think its cool, have no idea of what pita that is. This type of paint have "open pores" you have to be prepared to go an extra mile when working on maintenance ie wrap all tubes because the simple finger natural oils will etch like fire, let alone grease or chain oil.
    These stains are quite stubborn and will remain after several washes. I've yet to see a car with an even flat paint coat, usually the only time it looks great is when coming out of the paint booth.
    Never again for me. My current city slicker has shiny black paint tho.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stencil View Post
    Hah but that's the point. That actually serves a purpose. In the case of the Lambo and Civic, it's just someone with questionable taste.

Don't be angry about it. As I said, I don't judge. I just find it hilarious and tacky. My opinion only.
    Quote Originally Posted by HEGGA View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love all black bikes, though I would go with touch of red if I ever go this way... (I understand it wouldn't be murdered, but I love my bike alive and kicking ) but this is a silly argument. This is not a fashion statement, stealth planes are matte black with reason
    It's my understanding that the F-117 used flat black because the US military thought that black was a more intimidating color. IIRC, the original color was a light blue and not mean enough.

How are Stealth Airplanes Made Stealthy?
    '12 S-Works Stumpjumper carbon HT
    '13 Specialized Carve Comp
    '94 S-Works M2

mtbr member

'11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mnoutain bkie rdier
    people...please stop posting your black framed bike purchased as is. black bikes have been available for decades.

a custom build where all components were individually selected because they were black is what this thread is about.

at this point, lets start a thread about BMWs and only post pics of Hondas..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Whats with the lack of black stanchion/black lower Marzocchi forks in this thread? Like to color coordinate everything (ie purchase widely available black drivetrain and cockpit components) but you're still allowing gold/silver to be on your fork stanchions?

Not murdered hard enough. Gotta kill it dead to be murdered out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast