mtbr member

MTBR Old Pharts: Slartibartfast and The Sock (POV!)

We ditched our respective munchkins for a bit and had a grand ol' time camping and riding in Tahoe for a few days last summer. It was just like old times...

Tahoe Mountain Biking, Summer 2013 from parkmeister on Vimeo.

51% smartass, 49% dumbass

Rolling
    Nice vid. Talk about old handles.

...not old folks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman View Post
    Nice vid. Talk about old handles.

...not old folks!
    thanks, man.

but yeah, i am one of those old folks!

EDIT:

Sunday, 9/22/13 - bumped into JFR on the trail in Auburn today. Yet another 'old handle' !!!
    Last edited by parkmeister; 09-22-2013 at 07:02 PM.

I throw poop
    Cross post cause I didn't see this post before posting. So here goes.

Sadly my riding days are over. My wrist is toast and the pain will not allow me to ride for more than a few miles at best. I am going to sell the old Turner Burner and move on.

I have an original MTBR "Ol Pharts top cap on it. The original that DaleRider had fabbed before passing.

So if you are an original Ol'Phart and want the cap let me know. Otherwise I'll see if Francis wants it.

zilla
    AKA Jim Sheely
    cjsheely@sweetwaterhsa.com.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zilla View Post

Sadly my riding days are over. My wrist is toast and the pain will not allow me to ride for more than a few miles at best. I am going to sell the old Turner Burner and move on.

I have an original MTBR "Ol Pharts top cap on it. The original that DaleRider had fabbed before passing.

So if you are an original Ol'Phart and want the cap let me know. Otherwise I'll see if Francis wants it.

zilla
    AKA Jim Sheely
    I remember you from the Park City Gathering in 2001. Sorry to hear about your wrist.

Rolling

zilla
    AKA Jim Sheely
    That is really too bad Jim. I still have a collage above my computer with photos from 24 hrs of Moab we did together in 2001. It was an awesome time. You should keep the cap as a great memory!?

beer thief
    That's a great video edit. Nice job on those log rides. Tahoe is sooo beautiful and you captured it well.

Nice to see Slarti and the Sock still getting after it. Does Chris still own the bike shop?

Zilla, sorry to hear of your injuries. I can only imagine how hard it must be to not be able to do something you love. Best wishes.

I throw poop
    Top cap is spoken for.. Thanks for all the kind words. I have a lot of fond memories here. I still drop in and lurk now and again. Keep on keepin on..

mtbr member

zilla
    AKA Jim Sheely
    bummer.

best of luck managing the pain and i hope you will find something enjoyable to replace mtbing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by radair View Post
    That's a great video edit. Nice job on those log rides. Tahoe is sooo beautiful and you captured it well.

Nice to see Slarti and the Sock still getting after it. Does Chris still own the bike shop?

Zilla, sorry to hear of your injuries. I can only imagine how hard it must be to not be able to do something you love. Best wishes.
    thanks!

yes!

+1!