mtbr member
    Oct 2013

mtb riders wanted

man up here in iowa its hard to find riders that like extreme riding. I'm 47 been litterly jumping for 42 of these years. From banna seaters to bmx then MTBs. Cant find riders to make road trips to real trails, downhill, jumps any thing other then sit down xc riding witch I don't mind now and then. But come ,moab, colo, Idaho. Even b.c. would be nice. Got big suburban ready to roll. Let me know if game..

mtbr member
    You might want to add Copper Harbor Michigan and Duluth, MN and "The Rock" sports complex in Milwaukee, WI to your list of destination downhills...They're a lot closer than most of those you named. The gravity scene seems to be just getting started in the midwest. I too am a 40+ y.o. former BMX'er...I feel your pain here in Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by ground pounder 42 View Post
    man up here in iowa its hard to find riders that like extreme riding. I'm 47 been litterly jumping for 42 of these years. From banna seaters to bmx then MTBs. Cant find riders to make road trips to real trails, downhill, jumps any thing other then sit down xc riding witch I don't mind now and then. But come ,moab, colo, Idaho. Even b.c. would be nice. Got big suburban ready to roll. Let me know if game..

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHag View Post
    You might want to add Copper Harbor Michigan and Duluth, MN and "The Rock" sports complex in Milwaukee, WI to your list of destination downhills...They're a lot closer than most of those you named. The gravity scene seems to be just getting started in the midwest. I too am a 40+ y.o. former BMX'er...I feel your pain here in Minnesota.
    I had no idea there are places up here. I ask the locals the never mention out of state places. I'm gonna go surf lake Michigan so I'll take my bike too. Thanks again

mtbr member
    Madison Wisconsin has a pretty nice set of trails I've heard. Check their web page: Home Page - madcitydirt.com

This website : Minnesota Off-Road Cyclists will give you good coverage of the entire state of Minnesota's mtn bike scene; including Duluth which is trying to become the "Whistler B.C. of the Midwest" according to their mayor.

There's more good riding within a days ride than I've been able to tackle with my budget and vacation allowance in the past few years....I haven't even gotten close; but I'm lucky to have the 100+ miles of singletrack in the twin cities metro area only an hour from home. With MORC's guidance we've founded our own club in the Mankato, MN area and are breaking ground on our 3rd and 4th trails now.

I have a lot of relatives in north central Iowa. If you've got any tips on great rides in northern Iowa, I'd love to hear of them. I am aware that there is a scene with some nice bluff trails in the Decora area that I've been meaning to make my way to.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaHag View Post
    Madison Wisconsin has a pretty nice set of trails I've heard. Check their web page: Home Page - madcitydirt.com

This website : Minnesota Off-Road Cyclists will give you good coverage of the entire state of Minnesota's mtn bike scene; including Duluth which is trying to become the "Whistler B.C. of the Midwest" according to their mayor.

There's more good riding within a days ride than I've been able to tackle with my budget and vacation allowance in the past few years....I haven't even gotten close; but I'm lucky to have the 100+ miles of singletrack in the twin cities metro area only an hour from home. With MORC's guidance we've founded our own club in the Mankato, MN area and are breaking ground on our 3rd and 4th trails now.

I have a lot of relatives in north central Iowa. If you've got any tips on great rides in northern Iowa, I'd love to hear of them. I am aware that there is a scene with some nice bluff trails in the Decora area that I've been meaning to make my way to.
    Yeah I've been trying to get to decora trails too. I'm in ICORR the have sugar bottom at corraville lake cedasr rapids. I was seven oaks this weekend with my youngest see on. 25 I guess that's young. I built some trials with some logs, bridges and jumps here in Marshalltown. Flood plain so you have to rebuild every year. But that means new trails every year.

mtbr member
    Check out this website of Copper Harbor. The best mountain biking trail website on the web. Sounds like you'd enjoy Flying Squirrel, Danimal and Downtown the most. I was up for the first time this Summer for 3 days. What a blast! Well worth the 11 hr drive for me. It'll be a trip I make every year now

Copper Harbor Trails | Trail Genius