I <3 NM

Good job! MTB LOCOfest - Shreveport, La (24 April 04)

Mark your calendars now to attend LOCO's (Louisiana Off-road Cycling Organization) first MTB Festival to be held April 24, 2004 at Eddie D. Jones Recreation Area (Chimp Haven site) just outside of Shreveport, La.
    More Info on this event or more info on the MTB scene in the ArkLaTex clicky here:
    www.locomtb.com

Schedule of Events

9:00 a.m. Kids ride – 12 and under (specially designed trail)
    11:00 a.m. 7 mile time trial - (modified loop) novice
    1:00 p.m. 10 mile time trial - (1 full loop) experienced
    All time trials are co-ed with 1 minute intervals

Group rides, beginner/advanced clinics, “slow” competitions, and trick riding exhibitions are scheduled throughout the day, so please bring your family and friends. The trail will be open between time trials to all riders. Bikes shops will be on-site for demos of the latest equipment and limited maintenance will be available. Prizes will be raffled.

Trail description: If you like the trail at Ruston, La, then you will love Eddie D. Jones (a.k.a The Monkey Trail). Legend has it that James Ramsaur laid out the Monkey Trail after someone commented that his Ruston trail was not all that hard. Yeah, this trail is more challenging than Ruston is. The seven mile loop is open to all riders. The ten mile loop is for experienced riders. Racers are encouraged to enter both time trials. Also note that the Monkey is great course for those hardcore Single Speeders!!!

Race packet: All pre-registered participants (rec’d by 4/20/04) will receive an official LOCOfest T-shirt.

Awards:
    Cash awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd 10 Mile male and female racers!

1st place - $100
    2nd place - $50
    3rd place - $25

The top three 7 Mile finishers win a Custom ‘04 LOCOfest award.

Where to stay: Limited Primitive Camping is available on site. Other accomodations available in Shreveport/Bossier City: http://www.shreveport.net/

Sign up online here: www.signmeupsports.com/events/register.asp?eventid=26009

Please call 318-426-1218 for information.

More Info on the web at: www.locomtb.com
    Last edited by MTBNate; 04-06-2004 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Cash Awards Update!!!

mtbr member
    Oh man, why does it have to be the same weekend as Festival International!? *sigh*
    I've got family & friends coming as well as being a volunteer for the festival.

But, that's a new trail to try, I was unaware of it. thanks for the headsup!

hasta,
    Serge

Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate
    Mark your calendars now to attend LOCO's (Louisiana Off-road Cycling Organization) first MTB Festival to be held April 24, 2004 at Eddie D. Jones Recreation Area (Chimp Haven site) just outside of Shreveport, La.
    More Info on this event or more info on the MTB scene in the ArkLaTex clicky here:
    www.locomtb.com

Schedule of Events

9:00 a.m. Kids ride – 12 and under (specially designed trail)
    11:00 a.m. 7 mile time trial - (modified loop) novice
    1:00 p.m. 10 mile time trial - (1 full loop) experienced
    All time trials are co-ed with 1 minute intervals

Group rides, beginner/advanced clinics, “slow” competitions, and trick riding exhibitions are scheduled throughout the day, so please bring your family and friends. The trail will be open between time trials to all riders. Bikes shops will be on-site for demos of the latest equipment and limited maintenance will be available. Prizes will be raffled.

Trail description: If you like the trail at Ruston, La, then you will love Eddie D. Jones (a.k.a The Monkey Trail). Legend has it that James Ramsaur laid out the Monkey Trail after someone commented that his Ruston trail was not all that hard. Yeah, this trail is more challenging than Ruston is. The seven mile loop is open to all riders. The ten mile loop is for experienced riders. Racers are encouraged to enter both time trials. Also note that the Monkey is great course for those hardcore Single Speeders!!!

Race packet: All pre-registered participants (rec’d by 4/20/04) will receive an official LOCOfest T-shirt.

Awards: Cash awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd 10 mile male and female. Custom ‘04 LOCOfest award.

Where to stay: Limited Primitive Camping is available on site. Other accomodations available in Shreveport/Bossier City: http://www.shreveport.net/

Sign up online here: www.signmeupsports.com/events/register.asp?eventid=26009

Please call 318-426-1218 for information.

More Info on the web at: www.locomtb.com
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

I <3 NM
    Bummer man!

However, if you want to ride up here in the NW part of Louisiana we have a number of trails to choose from all within a 30 min or less drive from the Shreveport metroplex...

Bodcau Rec Area - a butt kicking 5 mile trail that's being added on to
    Lake Bistineau Rec Area - fast, curvey, flat and fun, 10 miles
    Monkey Trail (Eddie B. Jones Caddo Park) - More technical than Ruston and just as long, 10 miles
    Barksdale AFB (hook up with some with base access!) - 10 miles (a 7 and 3 mile loops)
    The Shreveport Urban Assault - 20-25 miles of asphault

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info!
    I'll have to get a crew up there from Lafayette before it get's too hot (we'll be needin the frozen camelback bladder on the back soon enough!). I'll peruse the LOCO site more later.
    I'm glad to see a LA mtb association start up, I'll put the word out to my (too few) mtbing friends down here.
    cya,
    Serge

Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate
    Bummer man!

However, if you want to ride up here in the NW part of Louisiana we have a number of trails to choose from all within a 30 min or less drive from the Shreveport metroplex...

Bodcau Rec Area - a butt kicking 5 mile trail that's being added on to
    Lake Bistineau Rec Area - fast, curvey, flat and fun, 10 miles
    Monkey Trail (Eddie B. Jones Caddo Park) - More technical than Ruston and just as long, 10 miles
    Barksdale AFB (hook up with some with base access!) - 10 miles (a 7 and 3 mile loops)
    The Shreveport Urban Assault - 20-25 miles of asphault
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by logbiter
    Thanks for the info!
    I'll have to get a crew up there from Lafayette before it get's too hot (we'll be needin the frozen camelback bladder on the back soon enough!). I'll peruse the LOCO site more later.
    I'm glad to see a LA mtb association start up, I'll put the word out to my (too few) mtbing friends down here.
    cya,
    Serge

Do you Lafayette MTB'ers have a club/website???

Also, if you want to keep abreast of the happenings in the north end of La then subscribe to our Clubmtb.com page. Simply set up an account on www.clubmtb.com and select USA, LA, Shreveport.

Check it!

I <3 NM
    **CASH AWARDS BUMP**

Cash awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd 10 Mile male and female racers!

1st place - $100
    2nd place - $50
    3rd place - $25

The top three 7 Mile finishers win a Custom ‘04 LOCOfest award.

I <3 NM
    ***ONE WEEK TO GO BUMP***