Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    jalepenio jimenez
    just having bought a moto trail bike that is street legal, I have been toying with the question of how to carry my bicycle ...and now I know, or at least know that it can be done pretty neatly. luckily the moto I bought already has a rear freight rack.
    now, why I would ever want to carry my mtn. bike back there...?
    I dig, chop, strangle, yank, stomp, annihilate, mutilate, eradicate, and FU goatheads

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Motorcycle carrying mountain bike?-dsc00760.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

simple bike carrier

Quote Originally Posted by chipmonk View Post
    Ah, got your attention there! Hello, I am a scooter owner who has been carrying my surfboards to the beach on my bike for a couple years in Southern California. Here are a couple photos of the rig.

Now, I am considering selling this retro bike and buying a Honda Silverwing, a big freeway scooter that can do 100 mph and I think I can strap a mountain bike or a surfboard to the side. You would take the front wheel off, place the bike with rear wheel facing toward the front of the bike, and put the handlebars facing to the back (high up out of the way of the turn signals). Front wheel goes on the other side. The bike may well rest on the passenger foot peg or something that I build that would come off the passenger or perhaps the exhaust hanger.

I tested the mountain bike on the retro scooter in the pictures today. If I rest the crank where it meets the bottom bracket on the chrome "sissy bars" that wrap around the whole rear of the bike its pretty easy to strap it on securely. The front wheel goes on the other side.

Questions:

Is it bad to rest the bike on the crank here where it might be hitting bumps on the road? I put pipe insulation to cushion it here against the steel sissy bar.

Has anyone ever seen anyone else with a mountain bike on a motorcycle?

Am I totally crazy?
    Motorcycle carrying mountain bike?-last-summer-hike-2014-002.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

simple and easy rack on BMW F650,

simple rack ,easy to makeMotorcycle carrying mountain bike?-last-summer-hike-2014-002.jpgMotorcycle carrying mountain bike?-bike-rack-043.jpg Left bracket goes under bottom bracket, seat post rest on right bracket

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3