Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    God damn roadies are at it again. The way I see it is that everyone doped, that's just what the top level of cycling does. Are there riders that don't? Sure, but will they ever win? No. If you want a chance to win, you do bad things and he won the TDF 7 times. That in itself is just amazing. LA was the most tryhard of the tryhards.

The thing that bothers me most is that he chose Oprah as the venue for his confession. But I will laugh my ass off if all the audience members receive free bikes.
    I support the right of all Americans to keep and arm bears.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtyounce View Post
    Are there riders that don't?
    Sure, wiggins and evans to name a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtyounce View Post
    Sure, but will they ever win? No..
    Erm...actually both of them won, Wiggins won last year, Evans the year before. They proved you don't need to do bad things to win.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    Sure, wiggins and evans to name a couple.

Erm...actually both of them won, Wiggins won last year, Evans the year before. They proved you don't need to do bad things to win.
    They have not done bad things that we know of.

However, who knows what we will discover 7 years from now.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I guarantee you that Wiggins and Evans are doing something. If, in your job, someone, who is not as gifted as you was taking a substance that made them better and took away from your pocket book, what would you do? I am not a Lance lover at all. I always knew he was doping. Probably 75 to 85% of all professional athletes are taking something. These people have about a 10 to 15 year window to maximize their earning potential. As far as Tyler Hamilton and any other of his teammates who ratted on Lance, well. They say they were told they had to dope. Well, they could've said, then, we won't ride on your team. Of course as they went down the line of the top teams they would've been saying no a lot. If they had ridden for a clean team, no placing, no exposure, and not as much $$$$. What a bunch of ingrates. Sometimes there has to be honor among theives. I don't think most of the world gives a rat's ass who doped. If you think that people are winning and riding clean in the Tour, then you are living in a polyanna existence. We love to watch people ride and run faster and faster. Well, this is how the best do it to be able to hang with all the others who are doing it. I say let them do anything they want. It's their body and their choice.
    Last edited by robertdavid; 01-17-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Cow Clicker
    Uploaded with Imgupr
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

mtbr member
    No, A serial liar is not to be forgiven.

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by k2rider1964 View Post
    I already forgot....not because I do or don't believe that Lance is truly sorry but because I honestly believe the entire peloton of 'Tour de France' level professional road racers(minus maybe 5% tops) is guilty of doping or cheating in some way, manner or form. If they never caught Lance in 500+ tries, what does that say for the competency level of those conducting the testing? It means they suck and are essentially worthless.
    Yes I believe I'll look in the newspaper and find some havoc committed here, do it myself, then when the police arrive, I'll just tell them hey other people are doing it and all will be forgiven.
    I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

braking addict
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    The sharks smell blood and they will attack.
    The first sharks to the meal are the only ones that will be able to get a piece.
    Can't he have donated all his possessions, just waiting for every possible lawsuit, and when all the sentences are in, to declare personal bankruptcy and let debts become someone else's problem?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    I am sure many other lawsuits will follow.
    The sharks smell blood and they will attack.
    The first sharks to the meal are the only ones that will be able to get a piece.
    All the estimates of his wealth are at least 100 million. All estimates of his total liabilities from the confession are sub 20 million, and zero jail time. He is fine, and will likely just start writing checks to keep the 'cost' part of the total bill to a minimum. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he pays less than 10 million, inclusive of costs.

the train keeps rollin
    Why do I need to forgive Lance? What did he do to me? Let's see, got me interested in Road Cycling, popularized road racing, more TV time for me to view, which I enjoy.

Sure he's quite a cheat and prick, but I don't see him starting a war where thousands and thousands of lifes are lost, or causing some huge enviro disaster, or bailing out the rich with fed money.... It's amazing how there is so much hate towards Lance. Sure, if I was Lemond, Betsy Andreu, or Emma O'rielly I'd hate his guts out.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    OK, so now we know Lance is guilty, can we forgive and forget?

Ask all the people he and his lawyers intimidated, sued, disparaged and generally screwed over the years for saying anything that was contrary to the big lie.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    I see no reason to forgive ... But given enough time, I hope everyone forgets his name as anything more than a bad joke played upon the sporting World.[/COLOR][/B]
    Don't hold your breath. This fits one of the oldest, most popular myths in the world - the flawed, fallen hero. Lance as Achilles.

mtbr member
    I hear he's taking down the UCI and US Postal as co-conspirators.

No mention of other sponsors or sanctioning bodies going down with him yet.

Cow Clicker
    Good, I hope anyone and everyone involved in this fraud does time behind bars.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

the train keeps rollin
    I hope he throws everyone under a bus. starting with the UCI.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I already forgot....not because I do or don't believe that Lance is truly sorry but because I honestly believe the entire peloton of 'Tour de France' level professional road racers(minus maybe 5% tops) is guilty of doping or cheating in some way, manner or form. If they never caught Lance in 500+ tries, what does that say for the competency level of those conducting the testing? It means they suck and are essentially worthless.
    +1 on this. I would like to know how many other people are/were doping. I suspect a lot of politics on this issue.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Hard to forgive or forget when I never gave a sh!t either way to start with.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

Quote Originally Posted by hitek View Post
    I'm waiting to see how many of the people he trampled, sue his lying ass.
    I've been very surprised to hear of the things he did to some of those poor folks that were merely telling the truth.

mtbr member
    Lance will have a mixed legacy but yeah, pro-cycling was a joke for so long. Everyone knew everyone was doping and no one stopped it. Riders are slower now, so maybe things are being cleaned up.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Everyone doped. He was the best of all the other cyclist/dopers. He's a person. He entertains me as a cyclist and endurance athlete. I don't know him. Doubt he cares any more than I do if I "forgive" him or not.
    I don't know Berry Bonds. He doped. So did most others. He hit a lot of home runs. It was fun to watch. He got caught. He's an avid cyclist now I hear.
    My point is stop getting so caught up in other peoples lives. Yeah, it's interesting, watch Oprah tonight, talk about it at work tomorrow then go ride your bike. If Lance passes me on a trail here in Texas someday I'll try to catch up.
    Small ring in front makes it easier. Small ring in back makes it harder. That blows my mind.

mtbr member
    Didnt take much digging into these three pages to find the winner.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Road cycling is a dopers paradise. The nature of the sport is just too enticing to cheat at. It is bad for your health to be all angry though so quit punishing yourself with your anger

inner peace to make peace

Smile

never forget and L. A. does not deserve forgiveness. and the French press were right about him, all along...

geed and dishonesty personified.
    Last edited by TrailNut; 01-17-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards & its fighting by fools.

IllumaDucati
    Armstrong stripped of Olympic bronze medal

Thirteen years after he stood on the podium in Sydney, Lance Armstrong was stripped of his bronze medal from the 2000 Olympics because of doping.

The International Olympic Committee sent a letter to Armstrong on Wednesday night asking him to return the medal, just as it said it planned to do last month.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskare View Post
    All the estimates of his wealth are at least 100 million. All estimates of his total liabilities from the confession are sub 20 million, and zero jail time. He is fine, and will likely just start writing checks to keep the 'cost' part of the total bill to a minimum. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he pays less than 10 million, inclusive of costs.
    Even if he was taken down to $0 dollars, he would come out wealthy after book and movie deals.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast