Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    Give it a crank
    I wonder if LA also paid Oprah...

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn-Rider View Post
    I wonder if LA also paid Oprah...
    they paid each other...it's complicated...

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    This is the first thread about Lance that I've seen in a while

no trees are safe
    No! He needs to be tortured, humiliated in front of a large crowd of journalists, exorcised in a sacred bike shop, de-headed, his corpse needs to be chopped and fed to the hounds so his spirit won't be able to find its way out of this world. He is the worst possible evil that has happened in this milenium and the day when will USADA revoked his TDF titles will be celebrated in every major religion as the "Day when all the corruption was purged." Afterwards all the evil will fade and a new age of prosperity will come to Road cycling all over the world. PROSPERITY FOR ALL!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post
    the whole affair is a bummer, plain and simple.

i admired lance for his "accomplishments" and was in the "believer" camp until fairly recently, when all of the facts began to be made clear. i'm embarrassed for having once been such an ardent supporter of lance--and floyd as well. (i remember floyd tearing it up on the MTB scene in the early nineties)
    I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. During Lance's reign I was in middle school and high school. As a young, impressionable cyclist I really looked up to him. I am very disappointed to say the least.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Millfox View Post
    No! He needs to be tortured, humiliated in front of a large crowd of journalists, exorcised in a sacred bike shop, de-headed, his corpse needs to be chopped and fed to the hounds so his spirit won't be able to find its way out of this world. He is the worst possible evil that has happened in this milenium and the day when will USADA revoked his TDF titles will be celebrated in every major religion as the "Day when all the corruption was purged." Afterwards all the evil will fade and a new age of prosperity will come to Road cycling all over the world. PROSPERITY FOR ALL!
    Don't hold back man, tell us how you really feel.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    I agree. Armstrong doesn't need to apologize to anyone. He still won 7 straight TDFs against other doped up competitors. Sounds like a level playing field and he dominated.

It wasn't like he went from couch potato to superhuman with drugs (which is what the main stream media seems to be intimating with their bogus interviews with that azzhole Tygart). He still trained like nobody else, he still rode like nobody else. I've never understood the persecution of Armstrong and it's still playing out.

agreed.
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    This is something you wrote. You must be proud!
    I thought it was pretty nice and accurate, myself.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    I thought it was pretty nice and accurate, myself.
    that's too bad dell...

i guess if drug cartels build a few hospitals from the fraction of their drug money - they would have your support too? It's ok to sell drugs, because they build hospitals, eh?

Livestrong is a brilliant refuge for Lance... whenever someone mentions doping - Lance would hide behind Livestrong...

Now it is ok that he doped because he earned money to start Livestrong...

Geez.... you guys could be Lance's spin doctors....
    Signature

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    that's too bad dell...

i guess if drug cartels build a few hospitals from the fraction of their drug money - they would have your support too? It's ok to sell drugs, because they build hospitals, eh?

Livestrong is a brilliant refuge for Lance... whenever someone mentions doping - Lance would hide behind Livestrong...

Now it is ok that he doped because he earned money to start Livestrong...

Geez.... you guys could be Lance's spin doctors....
    I have no opinion currently on LiveStrong (As I am not fully-read on that side of things); I was commenting on this bit:

Lance owes nobody an apology.
    Even if he did do it, he still owes nobody an apology.

When it comes right down to it, if you feel hurt or betrayed to the point where you think you deserve an apology from this man because he doped up, then you are an ignorant ass fool.
    Sorry, for the doping/racing bit, that is completely true IMO

mtbr member
    Lance Armstrong is a lying doper sociopath who will only continue to try and manipulate this confession into his advantage. I wager there will be no remorse. His apology will have rationales attached thereby negating the apology.
    He was the best he trained so hard rode his bike 6 hours every day. Thats because he was on the juice getting recovery through testosterone etc. Would not suprise me if he had a weekly volume of 42 hours with 1/4 of that at zone 6.
    I look forward to him kicking my ass in the 35open.
    BTW I really don't care that much about the actual doping aspect of his transgressions.

sock puppet
    I have no opinion currently on LiveStrong (As I am not fully-read on that side of things); I was commenting on this bit:

Sorry
    i don't care if he apologizes or not...
    Signature

Cow Clicker
    That was me bringing that post to kjuled's attention to help him recognize that what he wrote is justifying and rationalizing criminal behavior, which he stated, in another thread, that he never did.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

~Disc~Golf~
    That was me bringing that post to kjuled's attention to help him recognize that what he wrote is justifying and rationalizing criminal behavior, which he stated, in another thread, that he never did.
    Barring talk of LiveStrong (again, I have no horse in this.) and focusing on the racing, are you saying that is criminal?

[not trying to put words in your mouth, just clarifying]

sock puppet
    Barring talk of LiveStrong (again, I have no horse in this.) and focusing on the racing, are you saying that is criminal?

you have to clarify your question.

i don't care as much about the fact that he doped - it ain't criminal if you ask me.

what is criminal is his perjury in the court of justice, his persecution of those that stood up to him and his organized cheating network that was sucking in those that did not necessarily want to go his route...
    Signature

mtbr member
    I had read that there is a possible charge of drug trafficking that could be charged. Had read this on another site where the forum users have been pretty accurate about what has happened over the past few months. Otherwise just hearsay.

Cow Clicker
    No, tell all the guys who refused to dope and gave up their cycling careers to forgive and forget. Or tell the 25% of American PRISONERS who are doing time for non-violent drug offenses that taking illegal PEDs are okay and getting high for recreational purposes warrants time behind bars.

Put Lance Armstrong behind bars or in a mental institution.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    you have to clarify your question.

i don't care as much about the fact that he doped - it ain't criminal if you ask me.

what is criminal is his perjury in the court of justice, his persecution of those that stood up to him and his organized cheating network that was sucking in those that did not necessarily want to go his route...
    It should have never come to a trial to be perjured in - I think that's where you and disagree

sock puppet
    It should have never come to a trial to be perjured in - I think that's where you and disagree
    he committed perjury without a trial. he was not on trial.

many athletes and politicians were in the same position.

why do you think he should not have testified under oath? what is wrong with that?
    Signature

Cow Clicker

He signed contracts stating he would not use EPO. The races he participated in had rules against the use of EPO.

My personal stance on drugs is that drug laws are stupid. I personally believe the fact that 25% of incarcerated Americans are in for non-violent drug offense is appalling. They should be let go immediately and either put in mental health facilities or let go completely.

I personally think athletes should be able to take whatever types of drugs they want. But that's not the world we live in.

The world we live in is one of laws, contracts and rules. If you break the laws, contracts or rules, you have to pay the penalty. Yes, what Lance Armstrong did was criminal. What makes it worse is how he sued other people and won when they were telling the truth!

The whole thing is a scam. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we, as a society, place too much importance on professional sports. This leads to huge incentives for the competitors and huge incentive to cheat.

There always has been and always will be drug use in cycling and other sports. Make it legal so we can see it for what it is. But until then, anyone cheating or being dishonest should be held criminally and civilly responsible for the damages they caused.

~Disc~Golf~
    ^^^ RULES - about "Professional Sports", which we all get in a tussy over.
    All-while the Govt/elite is keeping you distracted by MSM, REAL crimes are going down - Crimes against humanity.

Sit Back, take a toke or breath, and think about "IT"

In everyday thinking, it seems most want to shoot the puppet, and could give a crap where the strings go - talk about suspension of reality

Cow Clicker
    All-while the Govt/elite is keeping you distracted by MSM, REAL crimes are going down - Crimes against humanity.

In everyday thinking, it seems most want to shoot the puppet, and could give a crap where the strings go - talk about suspension of reality
    I'm all too familiar. Did you check out the Dan Airely video I referenced in the other Lance thread? RSA Animate- The Truth About Dishonesty (A verdade sobre a desonestidade) - YouTube

The problem I have is that this is all connected. Not in an Illuminati sense, but the incentive structures we have in place invite the rationalization of dishonest behavior to the point that dishonest behavior is acceptable, justified and/or defended.

sock puppet

Ah yes. That is a completely another stinky can of worms. So stinky that LA story sounds like a lullaby. No argument there.

But Lance is at hand here. Stay focused.
    Signature

~Disc~Golf~
    I'm all too familiar. Did you check out the Dan Airely video I referenced in the other Lance thread? RSA Animate- The Truth About Dishonesty (A verdade sobre a desonestidade) - YouTube

The problem I have is that this is all connected. Not in an Illuminati sense, but the incentive structures we have in place invite the rationalization of dishonest behavior to the point that dishonest behavior is acceptable, justified and/or defended.
    That video is a great illustration
    I have a connected feeling too, but 'stars' are falsely held to a level of 'morality' than the machine driving it.

Yeah, you could say, HE could have chose to not 'Do It'; how many have chose not to?

My 'beef' is the witchhunt over something so petty - where was the witch-hunt when (HSA and NDAA went down? - Suspending Habeas corpus - That's real-humanity shlt - THAT should be on Oprah - instead, its reserved for the 'tin-foil' channels

Cow Clicker
    That video is a great illustration
    I have a connected feeling too, but 'stars' are falsely held to a level of 'morality' than the machine driving it.

Yeah, you could say, HE could have chose to not 'Do It'; how many have chose not to?

My 'beef' is the witchhunt over something so petty - where was the witch-hunt when (HSA and NDAA went down? - Suspending Habeas corpus - That's real-humanity shlt - THAT should be on Oprah - instead, its reserved for the 'tin-foil' channels
    I mentioned in another thread that this is a little personal to me because my world was shattered as a teenager when a personal friend and hero, who is a Tour veteran, gave up his professional cycling career because he refused to dope. He told me that it had been going on since the beginning and all the top guys were all doing it and it was impossible to be a contender without it. I was 15 at the time and shortly after that I stopped road riding and gave up any dreams I had of being a professional cyclist.

That's when I gave up on all professional sports because as I looked into it, it wasn't just cycling.

Then I looked into the world on a broader scale and became even more disillusioned. And don't get me started about what I learned while being stationed at Fort Bragg and during my deployments.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast