Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    the half breed devil
    sweet. ESPN is announcing The Confession on its ticker at the bottom of the screen...

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    That is not proven. You can allege and believe anything, but under the system in place he was not caught with an analytical. It did not happen. You know that, right?
    Axe - he was caught. His urine samples showed usage of EPO without the doubt. They wee tested according to standards. Why are you denying it. What do you mean with "analytical"? This all was shown on TV many times. It is in USADA evidence.

Yes, he did. But that does not make those rules a matter of criminal law, and enforcement of those rule are not in the realm of judicial system.
    Why is this relevant? Who is talking about criminal prosecution? How does that disprove his guilt?

It is a private contract. Exactly that. USADA is a private organization with a contract. Subject to arbitration. Which is indeed a kangaroo court of sorts.

Whatever. Unsubscribing. Arguing with you haters is pointless.
    But he accepted this court Axe. Voluntarily. He didn't have to. It was his choice.
    Signature

~Disc~Golf~
    Louie Armstrong is INNOCENT!

Honestly... ahh I give up

Thread Terrorist
    I think Phill Liggett is an accessory to doping. Not many people would know Lance if it weren't for paparazzi.. haaa haa
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

High Desert MTBer

OK, so now we know Lance is guilty, can we forgive and forget?

I am a great believer in compassion, and I am sure there are people here who profess outrage, me included, at the bad things Lance has done in his career, and have also done some 'bad things' in their time. Perhaps and most likely not on the same scale as Lance, but bad nonetheless.
    I think everyone deserves forgiveness if they are truly remorseful, and not just because they did not get away with it and are trying to salvage something of their ill-gotten gains or tattered reputation. True and meaningful remorse comes when someone feels it no matter what the outcome, and we cannot know whether this is what Lance is feeling now. I suspect not, but that is just my gut feeling. Does this make him any less worthy of compassion? I think not, but many will disagree. I still think he is a dick for doing what he did, and if he is motivated now from something other than true remorse, then he is an even bigger dick than I give him credit for.
    This one will run and run folks!
    It's all Here. Now.

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Lance owes nobody an apology.
    Even if he did do it, he still owes nobody an apology.

When it comes right down to it, if you feel hurt or betrayed to the point where you think you deserve an apology from this man because he doped up, then you are an ignorant ass fool.

Everyone with Livestrong still needs to be thanking him.
    If he wouldn't have won, they wouldn't be where they are today.
    If he would not have won. LS would not have been able to do the good it has done.
    If he would not have won, so many cancer patients would not have the hope they had.

Funny how we can ignore all the good that has happened and turn our back so quickly on somebody just because he was accused of foul play.

So what if he did it.
    Lets say he didn't do it, and lost.
    Would the winner behind him who also doped have started a foundation like Livestrong and given hope to so many other cancer patients?
    This is something you wrote. You must be proud!
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

Give it a crank
    It's going to be really hard after he put so much effort into covering it up for so long, almost impossible really. Plus, he only seems to regret not being able to compete in triathlons now. We'll have to see what he said to Oprah when it airs on Thurs.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    This is something you wrote. You must be proud!
    Wow you are brilliant, yes it is something I wrote.

Yes, I still stand behind it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Wow you are brilliant, yes it is something I wrote.

Yes, I still stand behind it.
    I agree. Armstrong doesn't need to apologize to anyone. He still won 7 straight TDFs against other doped up competitors. Sounds like a level playing field and he dominated.

It wasn't like he went from couch potato to superhuman with drugs (which is what the main stream media seems to be intimating with their bogus interviews with that azzhole Tygart). He still trained like nobody else, he still rode like nobody else. I've never understood the persecution of Armstrong and it's still playing out.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I already forgot....not because I do or don't believe that Lance is truly sorry but because I honestly believe the entire peloton of 'Tour de France' level professional road racers(minus maybe 5% tops) is guilty of doping or cheating in some way, manner or form. If they never caught Lance in 500+ tries, what does that say for the competency level of those conducting the testing? It means they suck and are essentially worthless.

mtbr member
    I look forward to seeing his head in a bowl next to Nixon's on Futurama.

mtbr member
    I have been reading all the other threads on the subject and the answer is 'NO'. LA is the devil incarnate, the mother of all evil, and the worst of the worst in the Doping Rat Squad.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by k2rider1964 View Post
    I already forgot....not because I do or don't believe that Lance is truly sorry but because I honestly believe the entire peloton of 'Tour de France' level professional road racers(minus maybe 5% tops) is guilty of doping or cheating in some way, manner or form. If they never caught Lance in 500+ tries, what does that say for the competency level of those conducting the testing? It means they suck and are essentially worthless.
    It means they're guilty of collusion* and, if Lance wants to do some good, maybe he could take the whole rotten lot down.

*At best.

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by k2rider1964 View Post
    If they never caught Lance in 500+ tries, what does that say for the competency level of those conducting the testing?
    "tested 500+ times with no dirty results" is true only in the same realm as cotton candy rainbows and unicorn farts.

in reality he was tested fewer than 130 times and failed 8 of them. one of which mysteriously "went away" after a large 6 figure "donation" to the UCI for equipment to test for PEDs, of all things.

what does that say about the competency and integrity of those who head the UCI and other governing bodies?

oh, he also tried to make a $250,000 "donation" to the USADA when they started investigating him as well. they turned it down citing "conflict of interest".
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

Rogue Exterminator
    Well I don't think LA has done anything that I personally need to forgive him for.

I hope that those who he negatively affected can forgive no matter if he is truly remorseful or not because holding on to that anger can be more damaging then the deeds that somebody has done against you.

That being said, forgiving and forgetting is two different things.
    For instance if somebody stole something from me, I would forgive them, but I would never forget and give them the opportunity to do it again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    one of which mysteriously "went away" after a large 6 figure "donation" to the UCI for equipment to test for PEDs, of all things.
    Convincingly showing just how independent the independent testing labs were.

edit: Let's be charitable and assume the sample was blinded.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nuffink View Post
    I look forward to seeing his head in a bowl next to Nixon's on Futurama.
    Id vote for him as the next prez of Earth, at least he admits he is a cheater. I wonder if he will inherit the headless body of Agnu?

mtbr member
    There will be no yellow wash at the Lance House.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nuffink View Post
    Convincingly showing just how independent the independent testing labs were.

The Dr. Ferrari trial is exposing the level of corruption and collusion in the "independent" testing and I am certain that it plays into Lances decision to confess, confess before the real facts are once again brought forth. This whole thing is going to blow up to levels that are almost incomprehensible, and more than a few people are going to be looking at prison terms.

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    I agree. Armstrong doesn't need to apologize to anyone. He still won 7 straight TDFs against other doped up competitors. Sounds like a level playing field and he dominated.
    wrong. he doped and won against other dopers AND CLEAN RIDERS.

Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    It wasn't like he went from couch potato to superhuman with drugs (which is what the main stream media seems to be intimating with their bogus interviews with that azzhole Tygart). He still trained like nobody else, he still rode like nobody else.
    wrong again. he went from a mediocre (at best) pack filler who NEVER FINISHED A TOUR prior to doping to being able to actually finish and win after doping.

so yeah, before doping he rode like a nobody all right...

oh, and after doping he "trained" like nobody else too by having access to better PED's and an elaborate system of enablers and confederates than anyone else.

so no one could match his level of cheating, dishonesty, and corruptness.... wow... something to really be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    I've never understood the persecution of Armstrong and it's still playing out.
    you don't understand the persecution of LA for lying, cheating, intimidating, blackmailing, extortion, perjury, retaliation, etc.?

you do realize those things are wrong and morally reprehensible, don't you?
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    1. LA winning 7 TDF's is not true, prove it!
    2. It still was not a level playing field among doped riders, why is that so hard for you to comprehend? LA still had a huge advantage over the other doped riders, if this is news to you then I suggest doing some research next time before making ridiculous statements.

The only other riders that could be considered to have been on a similar level as LA would be his own team mates, and even then LA still had an advantage.
    Last edited by SV11; 01-15-2013 at 06:02 PM.

the half breed devil
    the whole affair is a bummer, plain and simple.

i admired lance for his "accomplishments" and was in the "believer" camp until fairly recently, when all of the facts began to be made clear. i'm embarrassed for having once been such an ardent supporter of lance--and floyd as well. (i remember floyd tearing it up on the MTB scene in the early nineties)

"This whole thing is going to blow up to levels that are almost incomprehensible, and more than a few people are going to be looking at prison terms."

indeed. here's what i posted on my facebook page. bad words have been deleted:

everybody involved in this sordid situation ought to be sent straight to secret underground kentucky salt mine federal prisons for the rest of their short assed natural born lives on GENERAL PRINCIPLES...and i mean EVERYBODY...lance, floyd, WADA, the USADA, the UCI, the USOC, the IOC, NORBA, USA cycling, the USPS, nike, the screaming fans on the side of the road in france...yes, even the management of trek bicycles...EVERY-XXXXXXX-BODY...

(let's shove oprah into her own filthy jail cell, for adding an additional layer of slime to the whole wretched affair)

competitive professional road cycling ought to be shut down for twenty-six years before grown men are allowed to sanction or participate in any way, shape or form of bicycle racing. god damn you, lance armstrong and every money grubbing rat xxxxxxx xxxxxxx that has let the sport sink to such a shameful level...

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn-Rider View Post
    It's going to be really hard after he put so much effort into covering it up for so long, almost impossible really. Plus, he only seems to regret not being able to compete in triathlons now. We'll have to see what he said to Oprah when it airs on Thurs.
    I think we know the Oprah thing will be more obfuscation. I kind of like Shekky's observation of her bringing a whole new level of slime. The slime strata go back millennia!
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I'm waiting to see how many of the people he trampled, sue his lying ass.
    pedalingforlife.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    How's about we just forget and lock this thread down.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast