Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 588
  1. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 53119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,879
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlfcrsis View Post
    Professional sports suck

    If you idolize a sports "hero", you suck
    < my avatar! whoa! hey! me and my kiddo love to watch Messi play but we don't idolize in my house but we're fans. we love to watch the sport played by someone who plays it well..nothing more.

    the words "hero" and "battle" aren't words i use in the context of a sport.
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook

  2. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Stugotz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by June Bug View Post
    Too soon? This is so ripe for parody I can hardly wrap my mind around it....I just hope we haven't all been punked by an Onion article.
    I found out he already taped Oprah last week so this will definitely be aired on TV. So much for the tough questions!


    Oprah/Lance Pharmstrong interview link.
    Last edited by Stugotz; 01-09-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!
    German Engineering in Da Haus, Ja!

  3. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phoenixnr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    protein supplements, carbs in a foil, sweat off a yak's nut, etc... where does it stop?
    Sweat of a yak's nut should be allowed

    "So I'm packing my bag for the misty mountain.."

  4. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Stugotz View Post
    I found out he already taped Oprah last week so this will definitely be aired on TV. So much for the tough questions!Oprah/Lance Pharmstrong interview link.
    There are some extremely compelling remarks in the comments sections; however, the funniest is this:

    Joe Johnson44
    Posted: Wed 1/9/2013 1:28 PM
    Oprah, I've been worried about you since you gave up your syndicated talk show. Please don't allow Lance Armstrong to talk you into taking performance-enhancement drugs.

  5. #80
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    There was no need to go after Lance, he is not racing anymore
    he violated countless contracts and agreements by doping, he committed perjury, extorted money, violated numerous state and federal laws, was involved in the international smuggling and distribution of banned substances, unrightfully received millions of dollars in settlements from people he sued after they made public allegations and/or eyewitness accounts of his doping, and so on and so forth. not to mention that he consented to the rules and bylaws of the governing bodies which say that CAN pursue someone well after the fact.

    everyone else pretty much admitted to it and came clean. LA did not despite overwhelming evidence and continued to lie, commit perjury, retaliate, blackmail, and intimidate those whom he viewed as enemies and/or threats. so yeah, considering everything there was ample reason to go after him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Axe
    they did not catch him with tests, like other guys, when he was.
    there's absolutely no truth in that statement. he was caught multiple times and it was covered up each time. once by a sizable bribe to the UCI.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  6. #81
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by andy f View Post
    I'm much more put off by the way he treated people than the dope itself. Pressuring others to dope, bending over backwards to destroy the careers and lives of those who opposed him or threatened to expose his doping are far more heinous offenses IMO.
    yup!
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  7. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11
    Shittt, If your not first your last, He won regardless

  8. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by June Bug View Post
    There are some extremely compelling remarks in the comments sections; however, the funniest is this:

    Joe Johnson44
    Posted: Wed 1/9/2013 1:28 PM
    Oprah, I've been worried about you since you gave up your syndicated talk show. Please don't allow Lance Armstrong to talk you into taking performance-enhancement drugs.

    Thats hilarious!

  9. #84
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Twostrokemoto View Post
    Shittt, If your not first your last, He won regardless
    weaksauce trolling, noob.

    welcome to MTBR just the same...
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  10. #85
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,682
    Quote Originally Posted by jimcarry56 View Post
    German Engineering in Da Haus, Ja!
    And... straight in with an error: 'Das' Haus Jim, but I like the oblique ref!
    It's all Here. Now.

  11. #86
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,632
    I have always been in the extreme minority in my views on professional athletes and doping.

    I say let them dope! Hell, give em robotic appendages if their old ones fall off. Not kidding (well, about the doping anyway.... robotics may be a bit over the top).

    I played HS football. I am big and strong. I do NOT want to watch professional football players and think to my self "damn, im just as big and fast as they are". Let the football players weigh 300lbs and run a 4.0 40. Let the baseball players hit 100 home runs a season. Let the pitchers throw 120 mph fast balls. Let the Armstrongs win 7 tours in a row.

    Professional athletes = super humans. Dope em up for our entertainment. More fun to watch that way!

  12. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Alvinnf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    39
    Just read Tyler Hamilton's book, good read. Armstrong is an a-hole who doesn't have the capacity to truly apologize. Who cares! That said, the whole sport was corrupt when he was at his peak. He has never lost any credibility for his accomplishments in my mind! Giant A-hole though.

  13. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation: markymark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    460
    Online gambling is the scourge of the earth, much like Lance, but this is pretty funny.

    Betting odds on whether he'll admit it or not and a bunch of other stuff:

    51 to 1 on - Lance to wear a yellow cycling jersey during the interview

    http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/...rong-interview

  14. #89
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,682
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    I have always been in the extreme minority in my views on professional athletes and doping.

    I say let them dope! Hell, give em robotic appendages if their old ones fall off. Not kidding (well, about the doping anyway.... robotics may be a bit over the top).

    I played HS football. I am big and strong. I do NOT want to watch professional football players and think to my self "damn, im just as big and fast as they are". Let the football players weigh 300lbs and run a 4.0 40. Let the baseball players hit 100 home runs a season. Let the pitchers throw 120 mph fast balls. Let the Armstrongs win 7 tours in a row.

    Professional athletes = super humans. Dope em up for our entertainment. More fun to watch that way!
    Interesting viewpoint. Basically you are saying to take pretty much any human factor away from competitive sports and turn it all into another movie or video game? That is pretty extreme! I think at best, if your idea was to materialise, it may spawn 'illicit' underground 'sports' where doping was disallowed and rigorously enforced, so maybe not so bad after all
    It's all Here. Now.

  15. #90
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,636
    Lance owes nobody an apology.
    Even if he did do it, he still owes nobody an apology.

    When it comes right down to it, if you feel hurt or betrayed to the point where you think you deserve an apology from this man because he doped up, then you are an ignorant ass fool.

    Everyone with Livestrong still needs to be thanking him.
    If he wouldn't have won, they wouldn't be where they are today.
    If he would not have won. LS would not have been able to do the good it has done.
    If he would not have won, so many cancer patients would not have the hope they had.

    Funny how we can ignore all the good that has happened and turn our back so quickly on somebody just because he was accused of foul play.

    So what if he did it.
    Lets say he didn't do it, and lost.
    Would the winner behind him who also doped have started a foundation like Livestrong and given hope to so many other cancer patients?

  16. #91
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Interesting viewpoint. Basically you are saying to take pretty much any human factor away from competitive sports and turn it all into another movie or video game? That is pretty extreme! I think at best, if your idea was to materialise, it may spawn 'illicit' underground 'sports' where doping was disallowed and rigorously enforced, so maybe not so bad after all
    Human factor = strategy, technique, and execution. Most of the base ball players were doping in his era yet Barry Bonds was one of the few able to put bat on ball often enough to crush that many home runs.

    Athletes who dope are able to perform faster, stronger, longer yes.... the brain driving those bodies will still make some vastly better than others.

  17. #92
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,682
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    Human factor = strategy, technique, and execution. Most of the base ball players were doping in his era yet Barry Bonds was one of the few able to put bat on ball often enough to crush that many home runs.

    Athletes who dope are able to perform faster, stronger, longer yes.... the brain driving those bodies will still make some vastly better than others.
    I would argue however that a machine is capable of all of the things you mention, so I am guessing it would not be long before sport would truly become just another video game. I am afraid I don't buy it myself, keep it real I say.
    It's all Here. Now.

  18. #93
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,632
    Fair enough.

    Like i said, i am aware my opinion is in the minority.

  19. #94
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,682
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    Fair enough.

    Like i said, i am aware my opinion is in the minority.
    No worries, it takes all sorts!
    It's all Here. Now.

  20. #95
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,524

    would you also hail drug cartels

    if they started building hospitals with their drug money?

    yeah, they are making the money kinda illegal but let's not fret about it because a fraction of that money is going towards a good cause?

    i do not agree with your statement. in my opinion, it is immoral and rotten.

    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Lance owes nobody an apology.
    Even if he did do it, he still owes nobody an apology.

    When it comes right down to it, if you feel hurt or betrayed to the point where you think you deserve an apology from this man because he doped up, then you are an ignorant ass fool.

    Everyone with Livestrong still needs to be thanking him.
    If he wouldn't have won, they wouldn't be where they are today.
    If he would not have won. LS would not have been able to do the good it has done.
    If he would not have won, so many cancer patients would not have the hope they had.

    Funny how we can ignore all the good that has happened and turn our back so quickly on somebody just because he was accused of foul play.

    So what if he did it.
    Lets say he didn't do it, and lost.
    Would the winner behind him who also doped have started a foundation like Livestrong and given hope to so many other cancer patients?
    Signature

  21. #96
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,524
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    Human factor = strategy, technique, and execution. Most of the base ball players were doping in his era yet Barry Bonds was one of the few able to put bat on ball often enough to crush that many home runs.

    Athletes who dope are able to perform faster, stronger, longer yes.... the brain driving those bodies will still make some vastly better than others.
    i do not disagree with your statement - but what if that, what if this - we are not talking what if, we are talking what it is right now.

    right now - dope is illegal. it will never be made legal and free for all. for many reasons. i suspect you will agree with that, will you not?

    so forget about it as an option - let's just call it a pipe dream.

    and yes - if every one was doped - there would still be those that dope the best, train the most and have more brain... no one is arguing your point there. i just hope that you are not justifying what Lance did with your point...

    no one here is saying - go get Lance. most of us are saying - go get them all, including Lance...
    Signature

  22. #97
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,041
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Lance owes nobody an apology.
    Even if he did do it, he still owes nobody an apology.

    When it comes right down to it, if you feel hurt or betrayed to the point where you think you deserve an apology from this man because he doped up, then you are an ignorant ass fool.

    Everyone with Livestrong still needs to be thanking him.
    If he wouldn't have won, they wouldn't be where they are today.
    If he would not have won. LS would not have been able to do the good it has done.
    If he would not have won, so many cancer patients would not have the hope they had.

    Funny how we can ignore all the good that has happened and turn our back so quickly on somebody just because he was accused of foul play.

    So what if he did it.
    Lets say he didn't do it, and lost.
    Would the winner behind him who also doped have started a foundation like Livestrong and given hope to so many other cancer patients?
    If he had never been diagnosed with cancer ... Do you think he'd have done any of the things some praise him for ?
    Just curious.................

  23. #98
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,636
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post

    i do not agree with your statement. in my opinion, it is immoral and rotten.
    That is fine, because I don't agree with you either. That is the beauty of free will.



    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    If he had never been diagnosed with cancer ... Do you think he'd have done any of the things some praise him for ?
    Just curious.................
    I don't know, maybe/maybe not.
    Maybe not but he would have found another cause.

    Doesn't matter though.
    He fought it and beat it without his organization.
    He could have said fvck everyone else afterwards.

    Why look a gift horse in the mouth and question it. That is just ridiculous a stupid.


    If you think Lance owes everyone an apology, then answer me one question.

    What has he done that directly affected your life?
    Were you the second place winner in the TDF that didn't dope up and he because of him you lost?

    I seriously doubt it.
    In fact, I seriously doubt the first half of the TDF didn't dope.

    So who does he owe an apology too?

  24. #99
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,689
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlfcrsis View Post
    Professional sports suck

    If you idolize a sports "hero", you suck
    Word.

    Spectator sports are no fun.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  25. #100
    Thread Terrorist
    Reputation: IndecentExposure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,836
    Lance, if you're out there, come to Colorado. Its legal here now, we don't care. You can sell off what you have left to pay for any of your legal crap. Hit me up, I'll buy you a beer. Dopers are all over the place around here... darn weed is everywhere!
    Golden Bike Park Group

    Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •