Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24
    mtbr member
    Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!
    German Engineering in Da Haus, Ja!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by On the Rocks View Post
    I am astonished at how much sports disintegrates.
    There... feexed it..

Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stugotz View Post
    [URL="http://youtu.be/1SUKZD6eqgo"] Lance's original interview that DIDN"T air because the producers thought Lance was S-T-R-E-A-C-H-I-N-G the truth
    .. I did not see that ending coming
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by On the Rocks View Post
    We love sports because we see somebody doing something we enjoy doing, but doing it at a level that is fantasy for us.
    That's the problem IMO. We idolize and sports have become more about "entertainment" than going out and having fun, experiencing endorphins, being competitive, etc. It's more about some 5'9" 230lb guy having a bbq and watching TV while consuming mass amounts of chicken wings, beer, and potato chips. It's the opposite of sports.

I rock climb. I don't sit there and watch people on TV all day, or rent DVDs of rock climbing, or anything to that extent. If I see something on TV about climbing, I might watch, but I don't care "who is who" in rock climbing, just like I don't care who is winning a tour de france, a mountain bike race, or whatever. It doesn't affect me. I don't care what sports team wins whatever game in whatever city. I like actually DOING these things. That's where my enjoyment comes from. Once this becomes more about entertainment and socializing (socializing is great as long as it's still getting out there and experiencing the "sport"), it goes downhill quickly from there.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Viva la Vida!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    That's the problem IMO. We idolize and sports have become more about "entertainment" than going out and having fun, experiencing endorphins, being competitive, etc. It's more about some 5'9" 230lb guy having a bbq and watching TV while consuming mass amounts of chicken wings, beer, and potato chips. It's the opposite of sports.

I rock climb. I don't sit there and watch people on TV all day, or rent DVDs of rock climbing, or anything to that extent. If I see something on TV about climbing, I might watch, but I don't care "who is who" in rock climbing, just like I don't care who is winning a tour de france, a mountain bike race, or whatever. It doesn't affect me. I don't care what sports team wins whatever game in whatever city. I like actually DOING these things. That's where my enjoyment comes from. Once this becomes more about entertainment and socializing (socializing is great as long as it's still getting out there and experiencing the "sport"), it goes downhill quickly from there.
    +1
    I like going downhill quickly!
    Sports are meant to be play not watch.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

the half breed devil
    i LIKE watching the very best basketball, football and baseball players do what they do. (i.e., NBA, NFL, MLB) the last minute and a half of a close game can be quite entertaining. i don't have a problem with what they're getting paid, either--given the fact that the team owners are already rich beyond the comprehension of most people posting in this thread.

however, i'm not a fanatic. i'd rather be out riding my bike on a lovely saturday or sunday...or a weekday evening after work.

that doesn't mean i'm going to look down on the five foot nine two hundred and thirty pound chicken wing eating guy who loves to have his friends over for even more chicken wings on game day. that's his choice.

cameleon, i'll bet there's no shortage of downhill aficionados who spend hours watching pro downhillers on you tube.

to each their own, i say...unless you're cheating, lying about it and ruining other people's lives and careers in the process.

b a n n e d
    USPS Announces Plan Towards Financial Recovery: Lance Armstrong sued by U.S. for post office sponsorship funds - CNN.com
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    USPS Announces Plan Towards Financial Recovery: Lance Armstrong sued by U.S. for post office sponsorship funds - CNN.com
    Fiddy million?
    Signature

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24