Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24
Results 576 to 588 of 588
  1. #576
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Stugotz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    457
    Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!
    German Engineering in Da Haus, Ja!

  2. #577
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fishbucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by On the Rocks View Post
    I am astonished at how much sports disintegrates.
    There... feexed it..


    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

  3. #578
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fishbucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Stugotz View Post
    [URL="http://youtu.be/1SUKZD6eqgo"] Lance's original interview that DIDN"T air because the producers thought Lance was S-T-R-E-A-C-H-I-N-G the truth
    .. I did not see that ending coming
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

  4. #579
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    20,146
    Quote Originally Posted by On the Rocks View Post
    We love sports because we see somebody doing something we enjoy doing, but doing it at a level that is fantasy for us.
    That's the problem IMO. We idolize and sports have become more about "entertainment" than going out and having fun, experiencing endorphins, being competitive, etc. It's more about some 5'9" 230lb guy having a bbq and watching TV while consuming mass amounts of chicken wings, beer, and potato chips. It's the opposite of sports.

    I rock climb. I don't sit there and watch people on TV all day, or rent DVDs of rock climbing, or anything to that extent. If I see something on TV about climbing, I might watch, but I don't care "who is who" in rock climbing, just like I don't care who is winning a tour de france, a mountain bike race, or whatever. It doesn't affect me. I don't care what sports team wins whatever game in whatever city. I like actually DOING these things. That's where my enjoyment comes from. Once this becomes more about entertainment and socializing (socializing is great as long as it's still getting out there and experiencing the "sport"), it goes downhill quickly from there.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  5. #580
    Viva la Vida!
    Reputation: Camaleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    That's the problem IMO. We idolize and sports have become more about "entertainment" than going out and having fun, experiencing endorphins, being competitive, etc. It's more about some 5'9" 230lb guy having a bbq and watching TV while consuming mass amounts of chicken wings, beer, and potato chips. It's the opposite of sports.

    I rock climb. I don't sit there and watch people on TV all day, or rent DVDs of rock climbing, or anything to that extent. If I see something on TV about climbing, I might watch, but I don't care "who is who" in rock climbing, just like I don't care who is winning a tour de france, a mountain bike race, or whatever. It doesn't affect me. I don't care what sports team wins whatever game in whatever city. I like actually DOING these things. That's where my enjoyment comes from. Once this becomes more about entertainment and socializing (socializing is great as long as it's still getting out there and experiencing the "sport"), it goes downhill quickly from there.
    +1
    I like going downhill quickly!
    Sports are meant to be play not watch.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

  6. #581
    the half breed devil
    Reputation: shekky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,288
    i LIKE watching the very best basketball, football and baseball players do what they do. (i.e., NBA, NFL, MLB) the last minute and a half of a close game can be quite entertaining. i don't have a problem with what they're getting paid, either--given the fact that the team owners are already rich beyond the comprehension of most people posting in this thread.

    however, i'm not a fanatic. i'd rather be out riding my bike on a lovely saturday or sunday...or a weekday evening after work.

    that doesn't mean i'm going to look down on the five foot nine two hundred and thirty pound chicken wing eating guy who loves to have his friends over for even more chicken wings on game day. that's his choice.

    cameleon, i'll bet there's no shortage of downhill aficionados who spend hours watching pro downhillers on you tube.

    to each their own, i say...unless you're cheating, lying about it and ruining other people's lives and careers in the process.

  7. #582
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,394
    USPS Announces Plan Towards Financial Recovery: Lance Armstrong sued by U.S. for post office sponsorship funds - CNN.com
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  8. #583
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,526
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    USPS Announces Plan Towards Financial Recovery: Lance Armstrong sued by U.S. for post office sponsorship funds - CNN.com
    Fiddy million?
    Signature

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •