Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Whore View Post
    No it doesn't and Since he has been doping for his whole career you do not really know if with out it he is "just another rider" anyhow which i highly doubt.
    wow, just wow.....

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    wow, just wow.....
    I am appalled that you are let down that sadly doping is prevalent in all professional sports even with heavy testing. So to that end i really do not care what lance Armstrong did. Would he have won at the Olympics without doping? Quite possibly....Would he have won all 7 tours probably not...1or 2 i give the nod to doable.

sock puppet
    Glad we could clear that up.
    you can start dating now.

LeMond wannabe.. i like that...
    Signature

meh... whatever
    But seriously dude did not become one of the best cycling athletes we have ever seen just from/because of doping it still take massive Training,Dedication and Time. Doping did not make him but did helped.
    before doping: a mediocre performing pack filler who never finished a tour.
    after doping: 7 successive wins.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

sock puppet
    I am appalled that you are let down that sadly doping is prevalent in all professional sports even with heavy testing. So to that end i really do not care what lance Armstrong did. Would he have won at the Olympics without doping? Quite possibly....Would he have won all 7 tours probably not...1or 2 i give the nod to doable.
    i think that without doping, he would still be better than me.

he would not win the TdF without doping, based on his previous results.

he would not win the Olympics, based on his previous results.

but he would beat me. so i almost agree with you. or not.
    Signature

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    and when you call someone else a retard - you tell so much about yourself. don't you?
    No, just everyone that disagrees with my opinion.

I mean after all that is what all the anti Lance people obviously think so I may as well join that train of though.

MTK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Word.

I have been reading all your thought's about Lance. I saw the interview
    with Oprah. I have been a Huge Fan of Lance. Though my favorite is Hincappie{sp?]
    I remember working for Specialized in 20005/06 just getting Laughed at by the Boy's.
    I was defending him,I was hoping it was not true? Greg did it? No? Yes, it was only
    3,but tome that is off the chart in term's of pure Hate. So mabye Lance could do it?
    I will leave with this for tonight. Can you all give me your thought's on Greg Lemond?
    I read about some nasty stuff between the two. Will Trek take down that Huge picture of Lance and put one of Greg up? So Greg is USA's greatest roadie right? Word,I'm
    out.

MTK

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    No, just everyone that disagrees with my opinion.

I mean after all that is what all the anti Lance people obviously think so I may as well join that train of though.

that would indeed bring a kumbaya closure to this thread.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    If I was Lance's legal counsel, I would be suggesting that he immediately moves to Spain.

Then offer-up to the Spanish Authorities, 68 US riders, several lazy UCI officials and a hand-full of dodgy medical staff involved with doping, then quote a little known precedent concerning Dr Eufemiano Fuentes and Operación Puerto and some creepy guy called El Pistolero.
    Lance then could have his death sentence back-dated to his last positive drug test ... or even to his first positive drug bust. He then, could be back racing, within a week or two.

An important historic precedent that should also be cited is ... The acceptance of drug-taking in the Tour de France was so complete by 1930 that the rule book, distributed by Henri Desgrange, reminded riders that drugs would not be provided by the organisers.

If Lance wanted to get back in the fan's good books, he should haul Honey Boo Boo around the Pyrenees on training rides. Lance and Honey Boo Boo in the Pyrenees, could be a big winner on Oprah's Histrionics Channel. I find that cosy fire side chats, just don't do it for me.

Warren.

PS, If anyone close to Lance needs further advice? ... email Alberto Contradoper El Pistolero.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 01-20-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Rogue Exterminator
    Allegations of doping has been in the TDF apparently since its beginning,

What is even funnier is at one point alcohol was considered doping.
    Yet, beer seems to be a very acceptable part of biking today

Doping at the Tour de France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Towards the bottom there is a list of riders caught doping.
    The list thins out towards more recent years, but were they clean or not just caught?
    For that matter were the rest of the riders in more previous year clean or just not caught?

Look at the top 10 riders in the years that LA won. Every year, 7-9 of the top 10 riders had at least the suspicion of of doping. Remember, until now, LA also just had the suspicion of doping. So all those not on the doper list could be added at any time but most likely won't since they are not on top.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wild wassa View Post
    if i was lance's legal counsel, i would be suggesting that he immediately moves to spain.

Then offer-up to the spanish authorities, 68 us riders, several lazy uci officials and a hand-full of dodgy medical staff involved with doping, then quote a little known precedent concerning dr eufemiano fuentes and operación puerto and some creepy guy called el pistolero.
    Lance then could have his death sentence back-dated to his last positive drug test ... Or even to his first positive drug bust. He then, could be back racing, within a week or two.

An important historic precedent that should also be cited is ... the acceptance of drug-taking in the tour de france was so complete by 1930 that the rule book, distributed by henri desgrange, reminded riders that drugs would not be provided by the organisers.

if lance wanted to get back in the fan's good books, he should haul honey boo boo around the pyrenees on training rides. Lance and honey boo boo in the pyrenees, could be a big winner on oprah's histrionics channel. I find that cosy fire side chats, just don't do it for me.

Warren.

Ps, if anyone close to lance needs further advice? ... Email alberto contradoper el pistolero.
    Name:  photo(2).JPG
Views: 273
Size:  37.1 KB
    Will trade for some chicken.

meh... whatever
    Allegations of doping has been in the TDF apparently since its beginning
    it was not prohibited until 1963. therein lies the difference.

before 1963 it was not illegal or prohibited to dope.

after 1963 it was against the rules (i.e. prohibited) to dope.

see the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by kjlued
    ~pro-doping tripe snipped~
    yeah, we get it. you're ok with what lance did. what's with your obsession to rub everyone's nose in it?

Remember, until now, LA also just had the suspicion of doping.
    wrong. he failed 8 drug tests. that's called "substantiation" not "suspicion".

the irony is apparent to most, if not all, of us that you rag on the english skills and reading comprehension of others yet consistently struggle with the basics yourself...

banned
    Dec 2012
    Blah, blah, blah.

Most of you aren't worthy of even sniffing Lances' compression shorts.

All this holier than thou stuff - SHUT UP!!

workin' it Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by legking View Post
    Blah, blah, blah.

Most of you aren't worthy of even sniffing Lances' compression shorts.

All this holier than thou stuff - SHUT UP!!
    You are back and this is the best you can do? I'm going to give you a good piece of advice: Take a step back from the keyboard, it's only the internet. Post some content about mountain biking. Do so in a tone that isn't confrontational. Stay unbanned.
    Try this: HTFU

Give it a crank
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    all lance posts in passion merged.
    Passion is still non-fiction, they really need to go under cycling fiction.

Library prank sends Armstrong books to fiction section - Yahoo! News

IllumaDucati
    Maplewood Bicycle posted this on their Facebook page:

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadsters View Post
    Maplewood Bicycle posted this on their Facebook page:

That's Awesome !!!

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    ~anti-doping tripe snipped~
    yeah, we get it. you're not ok with what lance did. what's with your obsession to rub everyone's nose in it?

You see what I did there?

You keep posting your anti LA stuff and it is ok.
    But if somebody posts anything that remotely goes against that then they have an obsession to rub eveyone's nose it. That is just ridiculous.

Maybe we should just have two LA threads.
    One for everyone that thinks he worse than Hitler, child molesters, rapists and murders.
    Another for those that simply just understand why he did it and played the same game all the other top cyclists were playing. That way, there wouldn't be any "nose rubbing".

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    That's Awesome !!!

I agree, that picture is Awesome!!!

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued;10092411

None would be better, then there would be zero sh!ts given.

Stiff yet compliant
    Hah!
    Go to livestrong.com and try Lance Armstrong in the search box.

meh... whatever
    yeah, we get it. you're not ok with what lance did. what's with your obsession to rub everyone's nose in it?

You see what I did there?

You keep posting your anti LA stuff and it is ok.
    But if somebody posts anything that remotely goes against that then they have an obsession to rub eveyone's nose it. That is just ridiculous.

One for everyone that thinks he worse than Hitler, child molesters, rapists and murders.
    Another for those that simply just understand why he did it and played the same game all the other top cyclists were playing. That way, there wouldn't be any "nose rubbing".
    yeah, i see what you did there. you tried to make it look like having a problem with sociopathic antisocial personality disorder behavior is uncool, questionable, and socially unacceptable.

lance is a blatant sociopath with antisocial personality disorder. APD affects only 3% of males and 1% of females. thus, 3% of the male population would see nothing wrong with what he did and would sympathize, rationalize, justify, and minimalize his behavior while the other 97% of males (and 99% of females) in this world find his behavior (along with any defense of that behavior) repugnant, immoral, and offensive.

so clearly the mindset of decrying sociopathic, felonious, abhorrent character/behavior places those who engage in it in the 97% of above mentioned males while your obsession of minimalizing, rationalizing, and justifying it places you in the other 3%.

get it now?
    Last edited by monogod; 01-21-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Rogue Exterminator
    and 87% of statistics are made up on the spot. lol

Seriously, you get nothing of what I have said the whole time.
    I have only said I UNDERSTAND why he did what he did.
    I never said I feel sorry for the guy and I have even said just because I UNDERSTAND what he did that I didn't think it was OK yet some people would think that I am rationalizing his actions.

That being said, I don't think he he is a complete scum because of his actions. I just think he is a guy who made a wrong decision, got caught in a lie and tried to lie his way out as so many TDF riders have in the past. People will tell you he has no remorse. Maybe so, but I choose not to judge people. That being said, I doubt any of the other TDF riders who got caught had any real remorse either. They just fessed up when they felt they could no longer lie their way out (Lance just carried the lie on longer). Then in return for a lesser sentence they turned in other people for doping. Don't you think that if they really had remorse, they would have done that and not taken a lesser sentence?

If somebody truly had remorse for their actions, would they have not turned themselves in prior to being accused? I am not going to go back and loo up the names, but it only appears that two riders ever did that.

Now, if LA is truly has APD then should we really hate him or actually have a little sympathy and hope he gets treatment for his problem?

You can attack my character all you want, it really does not bother me as I know who I am and what I stand for. I realize that nobody is perfect, everyone makes mistakes and most people usually deserve a second chance unless maybe their crimes were extremely grievous. If you consider cheating in the TDF to be an extremely grievous crime, then their is something seriously wrong with you.

meh... whatever
    and 87% of statistics are made up on the spot. lol
    the DSM-IV is not book of made-up statistics.

APD affects 3% of males. linky

That being said, I don't think he he is a complete scum because of his actions.
    unlike most people who DO think that felonious, lying, cheating, bullying sociopaths ARE complete scum.

starting to make sense now?

You can attack my character all you want, it really does not bother me as I know who I am and what I stand for.
    it's not a personal attack on a duck to call it a duck when it looks, walks, and quacks like a duck.

I realize that nobody is perfect, everyone makes mistakes and most people usually deserve a second chance unless maybe their crimes were extremely grievous.
    no one has stated, implied, nor could any reasonably sane person infer that calling "wrong" by its rightful name is synonymous with a claim of personal infallibility. whether by myself or others.

do you think what LA did was extremely grievous? yes or no?

If you consider cheating in the TDF to be an extremely grievous crime, then their is something seriously wrong with you.
    if you do not consider over a decade of lying, cheating, blackmailing, retaliation, lawsuits, ruining the lives/credibility/careers of people, destroying people financially out of spite, purjery, being part of organized crime activity, contractual fraud, and intimidation to be extremely grievous crimes then there is something seriously wrong with you.

checkmate.
    Last edited by monogod; 01-21-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Rogue Exterminator
    checkmate.
    There is no "checkmate" because that would be assuming you can win and you can't
    Not saying I can either.
    We are just two people with different opinions on the how bad what he did is and we will never agree.

So instead of checkmate, it is stalemate.

if you do not consider over a decade of lying, cheating, blackmailing, retaliation, lawsuits, ruining the lives/credibility/careers of people, destroying people financially out of spite, purjery, being part of organized crime activity, contractual fraud, and intimidation to be extremely grievous crimes then there is something seriously wrong with you.
    Welcome to our federal government. Sad thing is, some people seem to be more disgusted about what some guy did in a race that has zero effect on our lives then they are at our own federal government.

Maybe the guy that LA for President several posts back had a good ideal after all.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast