Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Rogue Exterminator
    I will use your words here because they never held more true than now.

Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    wow... i ask a simple yes or no question and get the above blathering, obfuscation, and avoidance in response.

let's try once more...

yes or no?
    So yes, let's try this once more.

Have you ever lied?
    Have you ever cheated?
    Did you always show true remorse for those actions?
    Are there any lies or cheats that you have never fessed up to?

yes or no?

High Desert MTBer
    Please give it a rest KJ!
    It's all Here. Now.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    thanks for the intelligent comments and discussion, rocker. this is a topic very near and dear to me as one of my life goals is to start a health and wellness retreat to give people alternatives to western medicine.

i couldn't agree more with the last sentence in your post, but don't get me wrong bro -- i do think conventional western medicine has its place. on that i agree with you totally as well. same with pharmacology. however, imho pharmacology and surgery are used too often when holistic methods would better serve the patient.

when someone's triglycerides are high it's not because they have a shortage of Lipitor in their system, it's because of their diet/lifestyle. so why is Lipitor the general long term "solution"? why not treat the CAUSE of the problem instead of merely addressing the symptoms of it? this is my main point.

i've worked on post CABG (coronary artery bypass graft) units and they simply do not teach patients how to alter their lifestyles post CABG. the patient is set up for failure because rather than being educated on what clogged their arteries in the first place they are cut open, patched up, and sent home only to continue to diet/lifestyle that lead to the occlusions in the first place. why cut and implement long term pharmacological approaches when the patient could well have enjoyed complete reversal and unblockage solely by a commitment to lifestyle change?

are some meds a good idea during implementation of this new paradigm? especially thinners/anti-coagulants? certainly. but they should be used as stabilization methods only rather than the long term solution. they should be used only to assist in holistic measures rather than seen as the cure.

pharmacological measures in general should be used for imminent interventions only and weened off asap instead of being used as a long term crutch and/or bandaid. the amount of drugs we give in hospitals is absolutely astounding! it's not uncommon to have a patient on 10-15 routines and another 10-15 prn meds. pain meds are one thing, but non-pain related meds are quite another.

if you haven't seen the vids i mentioned previously check them out. the power of the human body to heal itself once the factors that are causing insult are removed is phenomenal! any time we can bring healing and/or a better quality of life (even during active dying) to a patient without the insults and side effects common to pharmacological/radiological it is my position that this avenue should be taken.

there's not as much money in it, but there's way more personal satisfaction and benefit to the patient.
    You are completely correct in all of that. I wish you the best of success with your project because it is sorely needed. If we could only break from the cycle of unnecessary and worthless 'care' the health system would be so much better off. THAT is where efforts need to be focused to bring overall costs down, and make 'care' something that actually makes well!

"From small acorns..."
    It's all Here. Now.

the half breed devil
    on a lighter note, this from australia.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The mother of all apology speeches  (lance mega thread)-304926_10151202727121006_1020808180_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    i would not even say it the way you said it - like you are proud of "your boys" for outcheating every one else. i guess you could say "your boys" are the best cheaters too.
    How else can I say it, nearly everyone cheats and most are celbrated for it or it is laughed off, and no, IM not a big fan of cheating but with the pressure from big money to do "anything it takes to win" I really am not surprised.
    I also do not feel it Legitimate considering the history of this sport, or any sport for that matter to go back a few years to strip anyone of a title. Who knows what drugs were being taken before there were even our current obvious moderatly effective at best testing procedures.
    Home town favorites are nothing new and of course Americans are not very well liked world wide anyhow.
    i also would not brag about american wins at the tour. the win percentage is ridiculously skewed against americans...
    Lance honestly put cycling on the map here in the states, and since he is only the second person to win seven consecutive titles well

other than that - how is life Blurr? still generally pissed at the government?
    just sitting around waiting for the next internment camp to pop up, hows life on your end?

Greystoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurr View Post
    Americans are not very well liked world wide anyhow.
    Surely you jest?

banned
    Aug 2012
    How else can I say it, nearly everyone cheats and most are celbrated for it or it is laughed off, and no, IM not a big fan of cheating but with the pressure from big money to do "anything it takes to win" I really am not surprised.
    I also do not feel it Legitimate considering the history of this sport, or any sport for that matter to go back a few years to strip anyone of a title. Who knows what drugs were being taken before there were even our current obvious moderatly effective at best testing procedures.
    Home town favorites are nothing new and of course Americans are not very well liked world wide anyhow.
    Lance honestly put cycling on the map here in the states, and since he is only the second person to win seven consecutive titles well

just sitting around waiting for the next internment camp to pop up, hows life on your end?
    Justification to ban all forms of organized/professional sports.

You'll need to do it for fun .... 'cause we ain't pay'in ya no more

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    Justification to ban all forms of organized/professional sports.

You'll need to do it for fun .... 'cause we ain't pay'in ya no more
    Fine by me, sports figures are grossly over paid to say the least, especially when you consider the multi million dollar contracts they get while Nike has sweat shops, that is the real crime here, yet nobody seems to give a **** unless their favorite athelete is winning, wuuuppeeee

banned
    Aug 2012
    Careful, Blurr ... You'll earn a negative REP from one of the butt hurt people ... "Just Cuz"

the half breed devil

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Don't care. And that's no lie.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    Don't care. And that's no lie.
    look man, if you don't care, you don't have to read it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post
    look man, if you don't care, you don't have to read it.
    Sounds good to me. You all continue with your Lance Hatefest, hope you all feel better spewing your hatred.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

sock puppet
    Sounds good to me. You all continue with your Lance Hatefest, hope you all feel better spewing your hatred.
    okay, thanks.

i think Lance is a bad person for lying about his doping and stomping on anyone who would question him about doping... he is almost as bad as Stalin.

Signature

the half breed devil
    posting a link with a news story is not "spewing hatred".

i don't "hate" lance.

i'm just very disappointed and sad that it's come to this.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by daves4mtb View Post
    Can you say "statute of limitations"? Good...

As an attorney, the dude reeked of lying. He was evasive, he squirmed, he refused to answer questions. You knew he was lying without having proof of it.

I still don't think this means he is worse than Hitler, Stalin, the Hillside Strangler, and the waterlogged corpse of Bin Laden, but he sure needs to trade in his hero card.
    He's only gonna get out of one case via statute of limitations.

Lance Armstrong Lied To Oprah, Is Being Sued By People Who Bought His Book, And Refuses To Talk To The USADA

People are even going after him over his book.

The article has one thing right ... It will be a few years before he has to sign bike locks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    okay, thanks.

i think Lance is a bad person for lying about his doping and stomping on anyone who would question him about doping... he is almost as bad as Stalin.

In his past life he was a Direct Adviser to Stalin during the 1932 Famine in Ukraine

sock puppet
    In his past life he was a Direct Adviser to Stalin during the 1932 Famine in Ukraine
    Yep. That is when my grandma and grandpa were chased out of Ukraine, settled in south Central Europe and started making babies.
    Signature

mtbr member
    this thread is hilarious. y'all trippin

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Outside Article on LiveStrong

Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike View Post
    Livestrong contributes almost nothing to actual cancer research. Interesting article in Outside a while back:

Lance Armstrong and Livestrong | Lance Armstrong | OutsideOnline.com
    This was an excellent article, very well researched, enlightening to me.
    MikeLee777
    Phoenix, AZ
    AOGWB
    Another Old Guy with a Bike.....

mtbr member
    Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!
    German Engineering in Da Haus, Ja!

Greystoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Stugotz View Post
    Excellent rework of the original dribble..
    I mean Lance not Radiohead's work.

Flow like water
    Worth watching. Only 1:30 long. Funny, almost ironic.
    "Head injuries are pretty high-consequence" - AndrwSwitch

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I am astonished at how much more interested I'd be in the sport if I believed, without a doubt, all were clean. We love sports because we see somebody doing something we enjoy doing, but doing it at a level that is fantasy for us. But, ironically, when they take PEDs, the illusion they are real people doing extraordinary things (what our fantasy is based on) disintegrates.

banned
    Aug 2012
    I don't belong here

mtbr member
    Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!
    German Engineering in Da Haus, Ja!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by On the Rocks View Post
    I am astonished at how much sports disintegrates.
    There... feexed it..

Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

mtbr member
    [URL="http://youtu.be/1SUKZD6eqgo"] Lance's original interview that DIDN"T air because the producers thought Lance was S-T-R-E-A-C-H-I-N-G the truth
    .. I did not see that ending coming
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by On the Rocks View Post
    We love sports because we see somebody doing something we enjoy doing, but doing it at a level that is fantasy for us.
    That's the problem IMO. We idolize and sports have become more about "entertainment" than going out and having fun, experiencing endorphins, being competitive, etc. It's more about some 5'9" 230lb guy having a bbq and watching TV while consuming mass amounts of chicken wings, beer, and potato chips. It's the opposite of sports.

I rock climb. I don't sit there and watch people on TV all day, or rent DVDs of rock climbing, or anything to that extent. If I see something on TV about climbing, I might watch, but I don't care "who is who" in rock climbing, just like I don't care who is winning a tour de france, a mountain bike race, or whatever. It doesn't affect me. I don't care what sports team wins whatever game in whatever city. I like actually DOING these things. That's where my enjoyment comes from. Once this becomes more about entertainment and socializing (socializing is great as long as it's still getting out there and experiencing the "sport"), it goes downhill quickly from there.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Viva la Vida!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    That's the problem IMO. We idolize and sports have become more about "entertainment" than going out and having fun, experiencing endorphins, being competitive, etc. It's more about some 5'9" 230lb guy having a bbq and watching TV while consuming mass amounts of chicken wings, beer, and potato chips. It's the opposite of sports.

I rock climb. I don't sit there and watch people on TV all day, or rent DVDs of rock climbing, or anything to that extent. If I see something on TV about climbing, I might watch, but I don't care "who is who" in rock climbing, just like I don't care who is winning a tour de france, a mountain bike race, or whatever. It doesn't affect me. I don't care what sports team wins whatever game in whatever city. I like actually DOING these things. That's where my enjoyment comes from. Once this becomes more about entertainment and socializing (socializing is great as long as it's still getting out there and experiencing the "sport"), it goes downhill quickly from there.
    +1
    I like going downhill quickly!
    Sports are meant to be play not watch.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

the half breed devil
    i LIKE watching the very best basketball, football and baseball players do what they do. (i.e., NBA, NFL, MLB) the last minute and a half of a close game can be quite entertaining. i don't have a problem with what they're getting paid, either--given the fact that the team owners are already rich beyond the comprehension of most people posting in this thread.

however, i'm not a fanatic. i'd rather be out riding my bike on a lovely saturday or sunday...or a weekday evening after work.

that doesn't mean i'm going to look down on the five foot nine two hundred and thirty pound chicken wing eating guy who loves to have his friends over for even more chicken wings on game day. that's his choice.

cameleon, i'll bet there's no shortage of downhill aficionados who spend hours watching pro downhillers on you tube.

to each their own, i say...unless you're cheating, lying about it and ruining other people's lives and careers in the process.

b a n n e d
    USPS Announces Plan Towards Financial Recovery: Lance Armstrong sued by U.S. for post office sponsorship funds - CNN.com
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    USPS Announces Plan Towards Financial Recovery: Lance Armstrong sued by U.S. for post office sponsorship funds - CNN.com
    Fiddy million?
    Signature

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112