Ugly As F*ck

Morning Ride Passion

For those of you who ride mornings before work, what time do you ride?

I'm your typical weekend warrior and pretty much have been since I started riding, but I'm trying to throw an extra ride in during the week to try and get in better "bike shape". Waking up early is no bother to me, I am normally at the gym in the morning well before the sun ever comes up. I've tried these morning rides during the week a few times with night lights, riding from 5am to 6am. Felt really weird and kinda creepy. It was awesome being the only one on the trail (not counting all the rabbits, possums, stray cats and spiders). I actually rode harder because I wasn't worried about head on collisions with other riders.

I'd prefer to wait until day light, but have to be at work at 8am. Anyone else do the crazy early morning ride in the dark with lights?

mtbr member
    Yep, most of my ride time is before work.

5 AM to 8 AM, I make it an extended commute and go straight to work. I can usually get in about a 40 mile combined road and trail ride.

A lot of the year, the first half of the ride in in the dark. I just use a commuter light as the start of nearly every ride is a long climb...sunrise from a ridge top or peak is a great way to start the day.
    Last edited by brentos; 08-19-2013 at 12:18 PM.
    Race Reports, PreRide Reports, and General Rambling:

www.roostersbikersedge.com
    http://www.ENVEcomposites.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Everyday @ 6am. Best part of the day!

Merendon Junkie
    I start my weekday rides at 5am. Have to keep em short as I have to be at office at 7. Get home at about 6.20.

Light freak
    Yep, we have a group that rides off road M-W-F at 5:00am all year long. Light are required pretty much all the time except for maybe t months during the summer.

Here is a pic from the road, getting some pics of a new tail light, before the rest of the group showed for the dirt

Morning Ride Passion-good-morning-golden.jpg

mtbr member
    I really want to start doing this...and have wanted to for a while. My rides are always on the weekend and sometimes I don't even get one in if we have family commitments etc. To get an hour ride in and leave for work on time at 7:45 I'd have to be out the door by 5:30. I know its doable, but I have a hard time getting up at 5 as opposed to my normal 6:30 wake up. My problem is that I'm a bit of a night owl. Gotta change that, this thread has inspired me!
    2011 Trance x1

All good things in all good time

Light freak
    I tell everyone that says they want to join us - The hard part is not waking up in the morning, it is going to bed the night before! I go to bed before my kids do, usually at 8:00 p.m.

Ugly As F*ck
    Hmm, I haven't done my weekday morning ride in a while. Perhaps I will tomorrow.