mtbr member
    Feb 2013

A morning on a new trail system

Well, new to me.

Then again, I'm new to the sport, so most of my riding is in areas new to me...

Back to the point. Here are some pics of my first morning at Wilson Creek trails.

My super high tech bike. Don't want to brag, but those tires are pneumatic...

A semi framed shot of that Indian Paintbrush

Down in the bottom there is Reynold's Creek. Kinda wanted to ride down to it, but it was getting fairly loose and rocky. And I was on my own. And if I broke something it would take a while for anyone to find me. If I brought my fly rod I might have walked in. Maybe another day.

Enjoying a moment of shade, listening to the creek behind me:

Out in the distance you can see the Boise Front, where I'm sure a lot of people were enjoying a different trail system.

I took this one just because I liked the color of the trail.

This was taken just before the point where I started understanding why folks have those suspension thingies on their bikes

Good morning, all said. Didn't see any people 'til I got back to the trail head. Saw a couple a couple jack rabbits, some quail, what I think were some chucker and a couple snakes. I also happen to have a totally irrational fear of snakes. Didn't see any rattles, but did manage to work on a new move of sitting down on the saddle and extending my feat up towards the handlebars as I rode by. Probably entertaining to watch. The fact that I kept going after seeing the snakes tells you how much fun I was having.

mtbr member
    Nice pics! I wish I had more huge lines of sight like that on my trails. But the woods has its merits too. Keep ridin'!
    2011 Trance x1

All good things in all good time

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Nice trail, seems like perfect weather.

mtbr member
    Have the some fear of snakes as you, I'll have to give your technique a try. You're lucky to have such a vast and isolated area to ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Yeah, I like the wide open desert sometimes, especially when there is a lot of snow left in the mountains. I should have started exploring this area earlier in the year, in a month or so it's going to start getting too hot.

Wishful Tomcat: I actually ended up riding over the first snake I saw (about 100 yards from the trailhead) I think it was just a little garden snake, but I still don't care for them. I need to start riding with someone with a video recorder, it'd probably be great for a laugh. I like to think of it as an impromptu ab exercise.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Many, many lifetimes of mtn biking have been started on that exact same Specialized Rockhopper steel frame, me included.

I like the combination of trail in an open area leading into a rugged canyon and sometimes the best adventures are solo.

Thanks for posting and looking forward to more.

mtbr member
    Awesome post. Classic bike. It's not the miles nor the bike, it's the smiles. We all started somewhere. I've been riding since the mid 80's. I still get excited when I see new "blood". Keep up the Passion.

mtbr member
    Loved the post and your newfound enthusiasm for the sport. I was thinking to myself that was me exactly about 16years ago except mine was a GT karakoram. Terrain even looks like my stomping grounds in eastern NV.

Help me with location. Looks like a great trail. I assume southern Oregon/Idaho near the NV border? Is this near the Owahee River?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Kind of near the owyhee. South west idaho just south of the snake river actually

Gnarly
    Nice ride report.That landscape is beautiful, and the trail looks fun!
    Good post
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Local bike shop is building me a hard tail with a frame I had laying around. Should be ready soon. Can't wait

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Beautiful, thanks for sharing them. Now let's talk about the fly rod and working the creeks.
    I'll be on the beach Friday & Saturday chasing stripers.

b a n n e d
    I'm blown away by the pneumatic tires . . . those are amazing!
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

ENDO!!!
    Nice! I always wish after the ride that I took more pictures!
    Just circles turning circles....

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Chief, I'd love to talk about streams, but I am clueless when it comes to oceans. But, since a trophy in that stream would probably be 12", I can definitely see the draw of the Stripers. (Please note, that's one "p" not two)

007,nothing to fancy for MY bike

mtbr member
    great post and awesome pics. Love the Rockhopper. My first real mt bike in the 80s was a Schwinn sierra. Wanted the rockhopper but the sales guy talked me into the Schwinn instead. Afterall, Schwinn was well known and that new specialized company may not be around if something breaks...HA!