mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Wink The moment of just shut up and go for it.

You know I got back into riding about 8months ago. At first riding for me was just eh.... You know I could get back into the swing of things, climbs were killing me. Sore from the time in the saddle, it was more and more becoming unattractive to me. With each ride I found myself unsatisfied, then we went to deer lakes park here near pittsburgh pa. There's some nice down hill sections hidden in the park I found myself hesitant to hit them hard. I thought that's not how I used to be WTF!?!? Then I just said screw it and dropped in like a bat out of hell. Then all of a sudden it all came rushing back to me the reason I ride. My roots in riding like that since I was a young kid, my dad teaching me how to ride. Then I went to owning the neighborhood riding around as a kid, my first MTB ride etc.... All in one drop, after that I knew I had the bug again haven't stopped riding. Always at the trailhead just shutting up and going for it, there are so many thing we can choose to define our lives. I choose mountain biking, and I have a freaking blast doing it!

If you have ad this I hope you know what I'm talking about, I hope that you continue to ride and have a blast doing so. I hope one day to meet you out there on the trails, where we leave behind our stories. Good luck ride AWESOME!
    Peace, J.

mtbr member
    Always glad to read that someones got "the bug" back again. Just matter to find what trail style makes you clear your mind from everything else...

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Yeah man it's nice to be back, I don't understand how I gave it up in the first place. I don't get how my life made sense without it. Thanks for reading.
    Peace, J.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Been bypassing a particular jump in a nearby trail several times. As I leave the trail I always keep thinking "I should've jumped...on my next visit, I will." Five visits later, still haven't jumped. Thoughts of my friend's broken collarbone x-ray keep popping up everytime I went near the jump.

mtbr member
    Two ribs are on my list. Still re-evolving to the riding level I had before that... And still loads better than riding what I dislike. Go for that jump when you feel right, there's no rush

mtbr member

Re: The moment of just shut up and go for it.

I still find myself lacking the ability to hike up my skirt and go for it... that should change with the new trail being made in my area

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

mtbr member
    My problem is learning to ride to the potential of the new technology. I let too many years go by without upgrading my bikes, so it's taking some time for me to learn just what they can do. One of the greatest tools to obtain a glimpse of what these amazing machines can do is to watch the pov (point of view) videos made by top Pro DH riders. It gives me confidence in the equipment. Then I just need to develop the same confidence in myself. Good luck and enjoy the ride.
    Consciousness, that annoying time between bike rides.

High Desert MTBer
    I remember skiing in the Austrian Alps one day many years ago, and I reached a bottle neck on a very steep, narrow and difficult section of the piste. There were several people at intervals down the sides of the section, just waiting to commit. I waited a bit for someone to take the lead and go for it, but nobody did, and then the song "Bad Company" came up on my walkman, (it was a while ago), and I went for it. Unfortunately at that same moment, a few others had the exact same thought, and we all piled into one another half way down with me landing on top of a very beautiful blonde lady at the bottom. Luckily no one was hurt, just shaken up, and the girl and me ended up getting together for some fun times on holiday. Just going for it has its benefits, and I have kept that thought ever since!
    I found that mountain biking helped with committing to the fall line when skiing, altho I seldom ski now, so it had that benefit too, and I now find that releasing the front brake in tech sections and committing to the line will most often get you thru the most difficult sections of rockiness, you just have to commit.
    It's all Here. Now.