Speedhubbing at last

Moab Mayhem-Who's headed out?

From the recent bump in Moab-related posts it looks like peak season has nearly arrived.
    Who's headed out riding there in the next few weeks? 6 of us are headed out for a week next Friday. 7 days of riding in 7 days are planned, legs & bikes willing.
    The weather's looking good. Mmmmmmooooooooaaaaaab!

-Adam

Marla -- the big tourist. The faker. With her there, I was a faker too. Her lie reflected my lie. And all of a sudden, I felt nothing. With her there, I couldn't cry. All I could do was ride.

contains quinine
    sweet pic! I wish i had though to take one from that angle... ah... next time... don't know of you were talking about my post blah blah MOAB blah. - but if you have any q's about what we rode when we were out drop me a note and i'll do my best to help you out!

d
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member

T-Minus 5days

Three of us leave next Thursday, and I don't know if I can wait. My days at work have been spent questioning what trails we should ride. This is all of our first time there and none of us are really sure what to expect, up here in the PNW we are used to climbing. We are doing 2 days in Moab and 1 in Fruita.
    Here is what I was thinking if anyone is bored and feels like commenting on it that would be choice.

Day 1 Slick Rock trail (and somewhere else??)
    Day 2 Bull Canyon with a trip around Two Tortiose rock. (Good sight seeing?)
    Day 3 Fruita Kokopelli's Area (Haven't nailed down any trail names yet, suggestions?)

Cheers

contains quinine
    slickrock is a fun place to go in moab. we skipped it this time to hit tusher canyon which is sort of similiar. slickrocks a classic ride tho, and i'd think it's pretty easy to do that and one other ride... also, if you're going, porcupine rim is amazing, as is gold bar/portal.

for that area of fruita, you have to hit horsetheif bench. We ruslters, horsetheif, and moore fun, and ended up at the car with 2 1/2 hour ride time at a good ride pace. it was a pretty big ride for the last day of our trip.

best of luck, no matter what you decide you're bound to love it.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    i'll be seeing ya'll out there. you, tom, fng, gnf, scott, and i can't remember who else tom told me was going. ( i think i got the names right.....)

only going to be out until the 20th or 21st though.

a few folks from here will be there too.

mmmmmm, moore fun and horsethief.......yum!

dave
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    I'll be departing on the 19th from TX and meeting a buddy from WA out there for a few days of riding. Planning on the basics Slickrock, Porcupine etc. This is our first trip to Moab and we're looking forward to it! Road trip plus MTBing...... fun!

Speedhubbing at last
    Nice! We'll be sporting some '03 Rage Jerseys A bunch of us (5 of 6) who're going out did a nice long Harold Parker ride today..on big bikes. Call it training for what's waiting for us out there...
    See you in Mmmooooooaaaab!
    -Adam

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    i'll be seeing ya'll out there. you, tom, fng, gnf, scott, and i can't remember who else tom told me was going. ( i think i got the names right.....)

only going to be out until the 20th or 21st though.

a few folks from here will be there too.

mmmmmm, moore fun and horsethief.......yum!

dave
    Marla -- the big tourist. The faker. With her there, I was a faker too. Her lie reflected my lie. And all of a sudden, I felt nothing. With her there, I couldn't cry. All I could do was ride.

Loser
    [QUOTE=Adman]From the recent bump in Moab-related posts it looks like peak season has nearly arrived.
    Who's headed out riding there in the next few weeks? 6 of us are headed out for a week next Friday. 7 days of riding in 7 days are planned, legs & bikes willing.
    The weather's looking good. Mmmmmmooooooooaaaaaab!

-Adam

I'll be out there Apr 16-26. Can't wait. I'll be there with family in tow, so I'll probably only be riding a couple of days, but I'm wicked psyched.

F work.

John
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

Alright, let's ride!
    I'm heading out there on the 28th for about a week. I'll be meeting my brother there so this trip will be serving two purposes. Some much needed time with my brother and some incredible riding. This will be my first time out there so I'm pretty excited/nervous. It's my brothers second trip so at least he will be able to show me around.