mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Moab and Fruita Photo review

A group of bikers from SW Washington headed to the "clear skies" of Moab a few weeks ago hoping to get away from our spring rains. We didn't find the skies very clear but at least it didn't rain on us while we were on trail.

Of course we had a great time. Moab is just plain a fun place to go for a mountain biking vacation. Traction there is so great that it is taking several rides back here on our local trails to get used to that sliding feeling. :O

Also went to Fruita and that was a HOOT! FAST trails, something we don't get very often around here. Moore Fun was a bit over some peoples comfort level and the 40mph cross wind on the cliff edges didn't help any, hehe.

Anyways, there are links to the picture review here:
    http://red-haze.com/Pics.html
    I tried to select only 40 or so pics from each day. With 4-5 digital camera's firing away we ended up with over 2000 pics and >2GB of data.

Hope ya'll enjoy it.

bike ON

bob
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing and nice pic's.

It's the axle

Haze

This whole Fruita thing has me in a hazy state of biking dreams. I want to live to ride. It's like I've been transported back to a previous time in my life, when I rode every day with friends. The last ten years I've moved to nice places to live. But just looking at any single picture of Fruita makes me realize that I've moved to all the wrong places. I want to be 20 again, and start all over. But time keeps moving.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Where did you decide to move in the end?

Thanks for posting a link. You have some great photo in the 2 days of Fruita I've looked at so far.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    Thanks for posting a link. You have some great photo in the 2 days of Fruita I've looked at so far.
    very nice to look at the other pictures too... on that site
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

It's the axle
    Where did you decide to move in the end?
    Hey, Craig, you remembered me. I bought a magnificent ranch in Coquille Oregon. I've been here all of five months, and I'm already on my way out. I'm making a u-turn back to California where I belong. I just hope I can find a place with as convenient a bike situation. I've got a logging road right next to me that goes on forever. And my favorite ride is 1600 feet climb or descent, in 2.2 miles. Oregon just doesn't feel right. Now where's that millionaire who's going to buy my ranch??? Come and get it!

Back to California, eh? Where?

I had to look up Coquille on a map as I hadn't heard of it.

It's the axle
    Back to California, eh? Where?

I had to look up Coquille on a map as I hadn't heard of it.

Petrolia. Very out of the way place. There are some great road rides there. Trails are all illegal. I have a piece of property lined up. Now all I need is a miracle. I'm asking 3.5 million for my property. Know anyone who might be interested? Haha. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg K
    Petrolia. Very out of the way place..
    You aren't kidding!

Looks like there is only one road in there.

There are some great road rides there. Trails are all illegal. I have a piece of property lined up. Now all I need is a miracle. I'm asking 3.5 million for my property. Know anyone who might be interested? Haha. We'll see.
    Wrong country, sorry!

next door to sideshowbob
    Nice! Brings back memories of Moab from 3 years back. Didn't do a lot of biking, more hiking, as my wife was a newbie. Heading back this fall, maybe also to Fruita, as those smooooth singletracks look like her kind of trail. This is my favorite photo:

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

OH yeah, we screamed on that stuff

The advice form the bike shop in town was to skip that whole section 'cause it was boring. Well, for us, it was a hoot to fly along as fast as we could pedal, railing the corners and able see a long ways ahead. That just don't happen around here (sightlines are 10 feet or less) so we just plain had a great time. Mary's loop and Horsethief Bench were very similar, could really open it up, more than Moab trails and much more than our local trails. Moore Fun was very different from the other Fruita trails tho.

glad ya liked the pics and I would recommend Fruita/Loma/Grand Junction.

bike ON

bob

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve
    Nice! Brings back memories of Moab from 3 years back. Didn't do a lot of biking, more hiking, as my wife was a newbie. Heading back this fall, maybe also to Fruita, as those smooooth singletracks look like her kind of trail. This is my favorite photo:
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.

If you liked Moore Fun, check out Holy Cross in Grand Junction. I hear the same builders did both.

Thanks to all of the trail builders and maintainers that build & take care of ALL of the traill in the area.