Des(s)ert Rat

Mmmmm... New shiny parts...

Put new shiny bike parts on my bike and took it for a New Year's ride. Rode solo since I didn't have much time to be away from home.

The trail was in superb condition and so was the bike.

Up close and personal with the new front end:

New stuff consists of a Chris King headset, Tompson stem, Easton bar, Pace carbon fork (lovely, smooths out the bumps well, almost like a suspension fork), Avid discs, and DT wheel (240S hub with DT rima nd spokes).

She rides beautifully!

mtbr member

Cool

Santa was very good to you. I took my coal out for a ride but it all leak out the hole in my pocket. So Now I have no xmas gift left. But had a nice ride and was way lighter come home to I found some low life biker that broke his chain and left it in the trail. Ok for who ever it was I pack it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " They May forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them Feel"
    Carl. W. Buechner

i worship Mr T
    what?! do you own a bike shop or something?!

those are some sweet new parts, sar.

rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I hate you.....

You people who live out west and your nice DRY trails. I didn't even take my bike over Christmas break this yr since it's been raining almost the whole time. Where I was it would've been more trouble than it was worth and done alot of trail damage.

Serously though, those some nice parts ya got dare. I just went disk myself this yr (or last yr I should say) and love the mech. May you and your ride share many happy hours together.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Ok I'm probably seeing things but in the second picture above the detail shown in the third shot looks like a hole in the carbon? or is it just a clamp or something?

Yummy
    Quote Originally Posted by archer
    Ok I'm probably seeing things but in the second picture above the detail shown in the third shot looks like a hole in the carbon? or is it just a clamp or something?
    I'd say it's a zip tie to hold the brake cable down. The 'hole' is the head of the zip tie.

Kn.
    I used to be with it. Then, they changed what "it" is, and now what I'm with is no longer "it". And whatever "it" is, is strange and confusing.

Rolling
    Hey Fruita peeps!

News to me, the Brewery went belly up!?

Des(s)ert Rat
    Yep, brewery is closed already. Somebody buy it, PLEASE!

Troy tried to go belly up, but is still around to tell the tales. Unfortunately the car isn't.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by K'Endo
    I'd say it's a zip tie to hold the brake cable down. The 'hole' is the head of the zip tie.

Kn.
    BONG BING!
    Now why didn't I see that?
    The 'hole' looks to be the shadow under the head of the tie to me now that I know what I'm looking at.
    DOH!