Thread: Missing thread?

avg. joe

Upset Missing thread?

I just lost my new post...anyone know which part of the ozone they disappear to.

I was given this error " Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 129 bytes) in /data/data01/web/html/files/includes/functions_search.php on line 197", so I re-posted it.

A message came back telling me that I had already posted the thread within the past five minutes and now I don't see it anywhere.

Oh well.
    Last edited by STinGa; 05-12-2005 at 03:32 AM.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas.

i worship Mr T
    Quote Originally Posted by STinGa
    I just lost my new post...anyone know which part of the ozone they disappear to.

I was given this error " Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 129 bytes) in /data/data01/web/html/files/includes/functions_search.php on line 197", so I re-posted it.

A message came back telling me that I had already posted the thread within the past five minutes and now I don't see it anywhere.

Oh well.
    sorry, i think you're SOL on the post. i've had the same thing happen and never could find the post again. what i do now for longer posts is either type it in and then copy & paste it to a word document or type it as a word doc and then copy & paste it into a post. this way if the post disappears the work i did doesn't go with it.

rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Don't worry, be happy!
    me three, I've had errors like that a lot recently. I'll second *rt*'s idea to paste your post into something else before you hit submit.

So, mods, what is the problem... busy server or what?

formica

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    I've passed a link to your thread on to Gregg.

(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Yes, that answer is busy server.

That error happens just at the exact wrong time, when you are making your post, and is a result of a slow server.

We have new servers in the office that we will be getting online soon.

Thanks for your patience.

-g

wannabee
    I've got that error brfore when I tried to post. So I re-posted and the both threads showed up. A flame fest ensued. New servers will be nice.

avg. joe
    Quote Originally Posted by *rt*
    sorry, i think you're SOL on the post. i've had the same thing happen and never could find the post again. what i do now for longer posts is either type it in and then copy & paste it to a word document or type it as a word doc and then copy & paste it into a post. this way if the post disappears the work i did doesn't go with it.

rt
    Thanks *rt* and everyone else. Fortunately the post wasn't a long one, but I was squeezing it in while at work . It previewed fine but then disappeared upon the submission. I will give it another shot later during this shift.

Tom
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas.