Yappy little dog!

Meadow Mountain (Video)

One of my most favorite places of all time and one of the first places I experienced true "mountain" biking.

mtbr member
    Great video. I rode MM for the first time on Wednesday. Beautiful views climbing up and rocking single track down. It was pretty slick when I rode it, especially in the forest cover. Made for a real challenge with all the wet roots and rock.
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Looks like a great place to ride. Great singletrack

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie33 View Post
    Great video. I rode MM for the first time on Wednesday. Beautiful views climbing up and rocking single track down. It was pretty slick when I rode it, especially in the forest cover. Made for a real challenge with all the wet roots and rock.
    It was still moist on Friday, but the roots do make it interesting.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Jaw-dropping; absolutely spectacular. Gorgeous sky and trail. Also your use of effects is stellar. It is said not to have too many effects; you have a lot but they all serve up added value ! I enjoyed--easily might be my favorite now.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr View Post
    Jaw-dropping; absolutely spectacular. Gorgeous sky and trail. Also your use of effects is stellar. It is said not to have too many effects; you have a lot but they all serve up added value ! I enjoyed--easily might be my favorite now.
    Well, thank you very much. I am still learning how to use zoom and blur to give a feeling of movement and camera pan from a fixed camera. I'm glad it's working and I appreciate the feedback.

wannabee
    Nice computer skilz

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    slick

mtbr member
    I recently drove through Minturn after many years. I could barely recognize the Meadow Mountain trail head off route 24 by Eagle River where the new ranger station is. It sure didn't look like there were trails open to bikes from that parking lot. Did you start your ride by that ranger station or somewhere else?

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsnotfour View Post
    I recently drove through Minturn after many years. I could barely recognize the Meadow Mountain trail head off route 24 by Eagle River where the new ranger station is. It sure didn't look like there were trails open to bikes from that parking lot. Did you start your ride by that ranger station or somewhere else?
    Yes, at the Ranger station, which has been there as long as I can remember (10 years or so). What you really don't see in the video is the long ride up the double track. Most people would hate this, but I think it is half of the best part of the ride . The singletrack portion is actually called Whiskey Creek. It's closed for conservation most of the year and open from July 1 - December, I think. There were about as many hikers as bikers on this day. Most hikers never get to the top and I saw none on the singletrack.