2006 Yeti AS-X

Man's Best Friend Memorial Thread

I read a post by MendonCycleSmith memorializing his beloved pet, Jack and was inspired to start a thread for all of us to post pics and stories of our loyal pets who give us unselfish companionship. If the admins wish to make a sticky out of this, that would be awesome for us to give some lasting memories. Post them up whether your pet is still alive or passed.

My dog, Sam - Golden Retriever.

He came into our household back in 2003 one Friday afternoon. He followed my stepson home one day and tried for a week to find out who he belonged to and if someone reported him lost - hard to believe a Golden Retriever would be dumped by anyone - they are such great dogs. Called the police station up and they said if no one reports him missing in a week then we could keep him. After a week, no one reported him missing so we adopted him into our family. Was reluctant at first as I wasn't really ready to have a dog yet as we had just moved in our house but who could resist the loving eyes of this dog who had came into our lives? He has been a great member of our house ever since - a very well behaved companion.

He is getting up there in age right now, grey around the eyes and snout - hopefully we will have many more years with him before we have to say goodbye which I do not look forward to.

I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

Tossin the salad.
    I love dogs, but its so hard to say goodbye to them as we know their life span is up to 14yrs. Its just not long enough as some I know have better relationships with their dogs / animals then they do with other humans, friends and SO's.

It sure is devastating to even think about IMHO.... I mean I see dogs run faster than their bike partner (Had to end the conclusion with a cheer-up)

RiP -Shasta!!

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Giant Trance

Readin & Postin since '02
    Jul 2006
    Grrrr... I'm dreading the day, but will post when it's time (getting close) for the ultimate decision on my near 17 year-old Jack Russel terrier, Jenny. She's been a constant companion since she was nine weeks old and is going into the early stages of kidney failure. She's on a low protein diet and is doing pretty well, but I know it's not going to be too much longer. As long as she's not in any pain and can get around, we're going to put it off as long as possible.