mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Lower Rock Creek --Video--

This last summer, a group of us from San Diego took a trip up to Mammoth, CA for some riding. This was our 2nd time up in the area, but we skipped Lower Rock Creek the first time (looking back, wtf were we thinking!).

Lower Rock creek is about a 30 min drive South of Mammoth Lakes. Video is shot following DirtCrab who did a great job riding a unknown trail with the pressure of being on camera. Enjoy the video, and let me know what you think.

Mark.

(Right click and save please)

Lower Rock Creek

Still chuggin' along
    Awesome!! That looks like so much fun! I wish there were trails around here like that! You got some good flow going

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    After seeing your vid (very nice btw) I'm thinkin' the same thing.....wtf were we thinkin'!?!
    Some bro's and I were there and skipped LRC too!!!
    We won't this summer

mtbr member
    This is really funny...the first time I went to Mammoth, I skipped out on the Lower Rock Creek ride as well. The last two times, I haven't missed it! It's such a great trail. Did you make it over the little rock slide/pile of rocks thing that is, I believe, in the 2nd section? I made that spot the last time I did the ride, but it was sketchy.

mtbr member

Wish I lived somewhere else

Great video. That trail looked like so much fun. I hate watching the videos on here because I get so jealous of the great trails and terrain I'll probably never get to ride. On the other hand though, its great motivation to get out there and ride. Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BillT
    This is really funny...the first time I went to Mammoth, I skipped out on the Lower Rock Creek ride as well. The last two times, I haven't missed it! It's such a great trail. Did you make it over the little rock slide/pile of rocks thing that is, I believe, in the 2nd section? I made that spot the last time I did the ride, but it was sketchy.
    I know the exact section you are talking about. No, didnt ride it. We actually rode the trail twice that day. First time with the camera, second time without. The 2nd time through, I planned on trying to ride it, but there were some hikers walking over it at the time so I dismounted and walked over. About a hundred yards down I was kicking myself for not waiting for them to move so I could try it, promised myself that this summer I will ride it. Good job on cleaning it.

Ride what you want!!
    I rode LRC last year for the first time, I was so wasted from riding Mammoth mountain the day before that I was really sketch all the way through it. It was a blast, but some of the sections needed to be cut back since the bushes were hiding the trail. It's a ***** to bust through some foliage only to find some nasty rocky thing right in front of your tire as you scramble to clean the section.

Lots of fun.

george
    Trogs: Too Tough for Carbon Fiber

pewpewpew Moderator
    Great video and great riding! I will definitely have to go visit that trail! You are awesome dirtcrab!

Funny thing about that video - I find that i blink/flinch when the braches hit. Just like in real life. D'oh.